How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Two questions for you experts out there.

First one, when I first loaded the game I didnt take the option of uploading latest teams, so my teams now just are full of no names. I see on some screenshots that people have actual players, how do I get this? I tried updating teams through the DB Academy, it goes through the motions of the 79 odd teams, but no changes? Is it because once I have started Career mode with certain teams even updating them doesnt change them?

Next question, never hit a six yet in career mode yet, whenever I try i miss or just doesnt go close. Is it just a matter of practicing the timing? Or is there some secret to it?

Cheers

Next question, never hit a six yet in career mode yet, whenever I try i miss or just doesnt go close. Is it just a matter of practicing the timing? Or is there some secret to it?

Cheers

Practice and Timing. You will feel so much relieved, when you hit a straight six on top of bowlers head, I just did today with my career player.

sigh just made it into the 40s chasing down a one day score, needed 3 off the last 4 balls after taking a single and maxwell blocked 3 and left one and we lost. He was powering through with a great strike rate up until then.

Has anyone else been asked to bowl at odd times as a batsmen? I'm a number 4 batsmen and I got asked to bowl the last over of a one dayer. Also as a bowling all rounder some FC games they don't use me until the last wicket in the first innings then not at all in the second, meanwhile the bushrangers regularly use 8 bowlers in a FC game and I average 5 with the ball and usually open the bowling.

Two questions for you experts out there.

First one, when I first loaded the game I didnt take the option of uploading latest teams, so my teams now just are full of no names. I see on some screenshots that people have actual players, how do I get this? I tried updating teams through the DB Academy, it goes through the motions of the 79 odd teams, but no changes? Is it because once I have started Career mode with certain teams even updating them doesnt change them?

Cheers

yes your career players won't change now. But if you start a seperate career now, those players will have the correct updated names.

By the way, had a relieved innings where I went to bat in very third ball of the innings( my player is number 3 ) and took the strikes most of the times, kept my nerve to stay patient and felt so comfortable on 33 runs. But received a curse at same time, that I got dismissed on cancelling the run with batsman not sliding his bat. :(

Was so determined to get my first 50, damn! I have turned off my PS3 to get some break. This innings is very clearly my best innings in terms of experience as I felt that I was in charge of the situation in building a good partnership with AI. Other thing that I admired was the cloudy overcast condition which really gave a good feel while batting.

Today I have received 3 'Bad Luck Mate' awards, LOL!

Just had a very satisfying result over Yorkshire in which I got MOTM for my efforts

We went into the second innings with a ~150 run lead which turned into Yorkshire setting us a target of 486 with one days play left. I came in needing ~250 runs (I bat no.5). Pressure was building on me to pull a good innings as I was losing partners until we were 9 down with ~90 runs to go. Needless to say thanks to some fine rear guard performances my no.11 hit 42 and I hit 116* and we hit the winning runs with 20mins in the day left. Really wish I had the capability to take a photo and share the result.

Never felt so proud batting, then next game I hit 7 and 10 in back to back innings. As they say crickets a funny game....

Took 6/14 bowing in T20 & made 19* & got my first MOTM :yes

Last edited:
Last night was my best night so far

Firstly made 62* of 60 balls in one dayer, but we lost as all my other victorian teams mates went out around me

then a few more struggling innings all double figures but nothing over 30

the at about 10pm last night decided to play 1 last game before bed, 1st innings went out cheaply on a bullshit catch, 2nd innings, with the vics in huge trouble, i batted the best i ever have, made my 1st 50 in a FC game, and at 11pm last night, i saved the game and exited on 69*

today is going to be tough, the anticipation of clocking my first FC 100 is in my head, its 8:48am here, I finish work at 4 and get home around 5, the countdown begins to what could be my greatest ever innings.... im nervous already

oh, and yeah its day 4 midway through session 2 and we are still 300 behind, so yeah, no chance of actually winning this game!!

& my team just lost English T20 semi final by just 2 runs. I blame the captain. :mad

Hope this is good enough bro

Unbelievable!! well done

I want stats, are you a batter or a bowler, i need to know what to try to strive towards!!

also, Im starting to regret not uploading the players names, i shouldnt of worried about the bug!!

After a disastrous first season as a first drop batsman for Victoria, I went into net and match practice for ages to hone my skills on Very Poor. It bloody well payed off, promptly made my maiden First Class and One Day tons, before bringing up my first double two games later.

I've been called to bowl my left-arm orthodox once in a T20, went for 13.

So has anyone noticed in changes in line ups at all as they make progress through the career?

Unbelievable!! well done

I want stats, are you a batter or a bowler, i need to know what to try to strive towards!!

also, Im starting to regret not uploading the players names, i shouldnt of worried about the bug!!
yea its annoying that I didn't upload the teams either because I thought the bug would annoy me, im a batting allrounde bowling leggys, I did post a pic of my stats a page or two ago.

cheers mate

3 tests, no wonder u got picked for the aussies, we are desperate for a leggy ever since warnie....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread