How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Its funny. Usually you don't get runs. But when you do you get them with the strike rate of over 100.

----------

Talking of bowling ... another thing that's frustrating is that when you are really bowling good and if you get 2 or 3 wickets in your first four or five overs (or not) many a times your AI captain removes you from bowling. That's just unrealistic and BS.
lol yeah I score my first 20 runs making 1s and 2s and then after that I start hitting.

lol yeah I score my first 20 runs making 1s and 2s and then after that I start hitting.

I can't even hit a single if I want to. Playing mainly leg side it goes for four more often than a single without having to try lol. All my 50 plus scores have come off under 30 balls lol. Only way I can make runs Is with the leg side exploit and the odd drive if forced. Playing regular shits is just as safe as defending and other than balls being in the zone you want to hit there isn't really any good balls you just have to defend. Plus without knowing when your settled there's no point defending at all lol. So unrealistic

Playing regular shits is just as safe as defending and other than balls being in the zone you want to hit there isn't really any good balls...

My regular shits are reasonably aggressive, but they're certainly nowhere near my balls, which are always good... I don't think you're doing it right?

Started my career today as a batting all-rounder playing for Yorkshire, first match was against Durham and I got the Man of the match with 31 runs and 8 wickets to my name.... :thumbs :thumbs

So I started my career knowing I'll have to restart it after the patch. Playing for Sussex as a quickie. Took 5 wickets in the first FC match (2/35 and 3/40) by mostly picking up tailenders, along with bagging a pair while batting (stumped in the first go, inside edge onto stumps in the second). It was a low scoring match overall so my figures weren't out of place. We lost the match by 60 runs.

Next I was in Pro40 match, we batted first. I simmed up to when I batted at 10. We were at 238 in 47.3 overs so I wasted three balls trying to slog but failing miserably. Nash was facing the next over and took a single right away to give me the strike (brilliant move bro), but swatted the ball for two consecutive sixes (one over deep cover, another over the bowler's head) before getting bowled out slogging.

Bowling in my OD debut now, I started out economically before giving up 13 runs in my third over. The next over AI tries to slog again, unnecessarily so, and gets caught at deep midwicket. Eventually I'm brought back in at the 40 over mark with the opposition 8 wickets down and needing a run a ball to win. I picked up the last two wickets in the end to win by 40 odd runs.

I'm now playing another FC against Surrey and we have them on the backfoot. 6/133 and they lost 2 wickets through runouts... I've bowled the most overs thus far (11) and have turned up 2/28 so far.

EDIT: I'm playing on PRO.

What they need to fix is the captain changing his fields properly not leaving the same field. Especially in T20

I'm surprized about struggling with the ball part. My experience has been all you have to do is bowl at the AI and you will end up getting wkts. Doesn't matter whether you bowl well or not, AI will gift their wkts by slogging across the line and getting bowled/LBW or getting caught in the outfield.

Batting will take a couple of days to get used and will happen over time.

After playing it for a day and half now, batting seems easier to me. I know it's surprising and strange but i'm not doing well with the bowl, most of the time I end up bowling on the leg side. I don't know know what am I doing wrong :(

----------

Fighting hard to save a 4 day match for my team South Australia.
Day 3, Session 3, we're following on & still 152 runs behind.
My team score is 99/5 at the moment, I am batting on 63*.
Which is my highest score in career mode beating the previous best 44.
Can't go to sleep without scoring my very first TON.

do the lineups ever change, same players playing all the different formats every game.

Oh and if I do crap do I get dropped or go up and down the batting lineup, I bat at ten but if I do well can I improve to 7/8 or something?

I'm having real struggles with the game. I have a first class hundred under my belt but my high score after that is 30 odd. I can't seem to get past 10 on most occasions. The fielders running 50m to catch a ball that I have dispatched is really getting to me, what they do isn't even physically possible. Any tips please?

Played it yesterday for the first time... And i can tell u its easily the best cricket game till date... With almost realistic batting and bowling it gets very interesting... Started the career yesterday as a batting all-rounder... In my first 4-day game my bowling figures were 7-0-39-1... Only was given the bowling in one innings... While in batting scored 7 in the first innings and a duck in the second innings... Then in the 40-over match scored a duck but got 3 wickets... Bowling figures were 5-1-19-3.... So far batting needs improvements.. Still not disappointed with batting bcoz its way too early in a career... And one great late cut shot off a spinner in my first 4-day game has boosted my hopes even more high...

Immediately after my last post I hit a six off my first ball in a big bash game. The very next ball I face I play an along the ground shot which I absolutely middled and the bowler has taken a ridiculous caught and bowled. This game has some serious issues which really need to be addressed

When does the English T20 competition start? Currently in round 7 of the county cup.

should be around soon. im up to round 10 & am playing t20's.

its just Yorkshire are s..t on DBC14 so its pretty much spot on to real life.

well done Big Ant

----------

I'm having real struggles with the game. I have a first class hundred under my belt but my high score after that is 30 odd. I can't seem to get past 10 on most occasions. The fielders running 50m to catch a ball that I have dispatched is really getting to me, what they do isn't even physically possible. Any tips please?

Lol me to. my highest score is 24.

my advice is be patient. its not like other games where u need to hit the 6 button everyball. u get more from taking your time.

it took me 15 innings in career before i hit a 6

After playing it for a day and half now, batting seems easier to me. I know it's surprising and strange but i'm not doing well with the bowl, most of the time I end up bowling on the leg side. I don't know know what am I doing wrong :(

----------

Fighting hard to save a 4 day match for my team South Australia.
Day 3, Session 3, we're following on & still 152 runs behind.
My team score is 99/5 at the moment, I am batting on 63*.
Which is my highest score in career mode beating the previous best 44.
Can't go to sleep without scoring my very first TON.

Wow .. so after a day and a half you already can bat that well but cant bowl?

You are right that is weird lol.

Things to think about when bowling.
The main thing is the direction you push rs to release your delivery. You are probably just slanting it to one side resulting in the bowler aiming down leg side. Make a conscious effort to push straight up or even over compensate to off.

Also, consider your delivery types. If you bowl an inswinger and dont compensate by starting it outside off stump you will get the same result. Combine your deliveries with your direction.

Users who are viewing this thread