How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
dc6BhPh.jpg

Any way we can change the level in career?

Currently 245 wickers at under 6

I get a lot of twos when the AI is batting and I'm at the non striker's. You just need to confirm the second run early or you end up going too far past the crease and won't be able to make it back.

Anyway, time for another edition of 'Why am I not the Man of the Match?' -
c3cwx4u.jpg

Wade wasn't even the high scorer! Sure he might have taken some catches, but so did I - got a caught and bowled in that innings! Blargh!

There was a positive out of it though, I'm now a 'fair way off' making the English Pro40 competition - instead of a long way off.

R. Quiney would not have been happy either, M. Wade must have made some stumpings?, with a few good catches behind the stumps as well...harsh, 5 wickets would have got you over the line i reckon.

Anyone here playing a spinner in career mode (and are you all rounder)? What sort of RPMs are you getting on average :)?

Thinking of starting a new career as a batsman. Being a bowling all rounder is tiresome & it makes the career mode longer to endure. On the other hand batting is frustrating in the career mode. If only all of this is patched & batting is made a little easier. Probably then bowling won't tiresome either.

Thinking of starting a new career as a batsman. Being a bowling all rounder is tiresome & it makes the career mode longer to endure. On the other hand batting is frustrating in the career mode. If only all of this is patched & batting is made a little easier. Probably then bowling won't tiresome either.

100% agreed. I'm a batting allrounder who gets between 3-5 wickets and bowls at least 16 overs in a test. Then lucky to bat for 5 overs before getting out for 10ish runs. It's overwhelmingly frustrating and totally unrealistic. Killing the game for me. Batting difficulty has to come down, bowling slightly up. Sick of kicking the xbox to home after being sent to bowl first just cause I don't wanna waste a career match getting 15+ stats for bowling followed by a hard earned 20 runs for 2 batting points. If I see +1 or +2 come up a couple of times then I am comfortable to not stress if I get out and have to bowl. Lol

Batting is fantastic, it should be hard to get runs. Youre a 16 year old playing county cricket! Concentrate and earn runs. Bowling is too easy though so i dont bother

Batting is fantastic, it should be hard to get runs. Youre a 16 year old playing county cricket! Concentrate and earn runs. Bowling is too easy though so i dont bother

Sure, getting runs should be hard earned. Fair enough. But I'm 18 now and my bowling stats have excelled a heap (swings and seam) and batting pretty much SFA. I'd be fine with my frustrating 11 test ducks, average of 8 and top score of 29 if I got some stat increases and started to improve and find batting at county level get easier. I just can't see career progressing batting wise. End up and international "batting allrounder" with level 5 bowling skills and level 2 batting.

After many attempts at being a batting all rounder, I've decided to be just a bowler who comes in at 8 with Lancashire as that's my home county, I can't get my head around the batting in career.

In casual or my own tour on pro mode I'm fairly decent as the batsmen have good stats, so for me, new career with Lancashire being just a bowler and attempt to get better at batting!

Once my batting improves I imagine I'll enjoy all the aspects of the game.

Considering pure batsmen occasionally get thrown the ball and can do okay with it - if you wanted to be a batting all rounder, why not just start as a pure batsman? You'd slowly build up enough bowling points to get you back to where an all rounder would start, but would have better batting skills while you wait.

Batting all rounder

So, I picked up the games last night (Finally) and i started my career as a batting all round because i thought id be better at batting then I was bowling (Silly me). I'm batting and number four and scoring no runs.. My average is 7.96 and my last 4 bats have resulted in ducks. My bowling is fairly good though Im averaging 3-4 wickets an innings but im now faced with a problem. Im not good enough the be so high up in the order and im becoming the best bowler in the team and have even opened the bowling (as a wrist spinner) and get about 4 more overs a spell then everyone else.

So my question is, is there a way to change these things? Will i have an opportunity later on to change my batting order and have better bowl less overs?

Skill point issue.

Hi all, I am starting to have concerns there maybe an issue with skill points. In my career I have earned over thirty front font points in but have not seen any increase from the bar which is on 11. I hasn't seen rises in on side and flat bat after also getting a number of points. Does anyone know how often these should be increasing or how many points you need to earn to see an increase.

It's a great idea. Might give it a crack. Wait till patch #2 to continue the batting allrounder save. Considering I get 80% of runs leg/on side on front foot what would you suggest for the starting bonus? Front foot or onside.

Anyone here playing a spinner in career mode (and are you all rounder)? What sort of RPMs are you getting on average :)?

I am an all-rounder and constantly clock over 2000RPM for an orthodox leggie. I have maxed out the leg break skill though, so that probably has something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread