How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
In my career I am a Off spin bowler for Essex. My stats are
first class batting
Matches: 7
innings: 6
runs: 44
top score: 16
ave: 7.33
S/R: 169.23

Bowling
balls bowled: 1227
wickets: 69
runs: 820
ave: 11.88
ecc: 4.00
s/r: 17.79
5wi: 8
10wi: 4
best bowling: 9/63
best match; 16/96

List a
53 runs @ 14.50

21 wickets@ 13 bbi;5/42

Batting is fantastic, it should be hard to get runs. Youre a 16 year old playing county cricket! Concentrate and earn runs. Bowling is too easy though so i dont bother
thought you were getting the game in early September:p

Was on the way to my first 50 in an OD match at over a run a ball only to be run out because my batsmans foot was slightly in the air on a direct hit :(.

can someone give me some tips on how to become a good all rounder in career mode? It would be really helpful for me. I bat at no. 5 & bowl fast medium. I'm really struggling at the moment with both bowl and bat.

can someone give me some tips on how to become a good all rounder in career mode? It would be really helpful for me. I bat at no. 5 & bowl fast medium. I'm really struggling at the moment with both bowl and bat.

I'm surprized about struggling with the ball part. My experience has been all you have to do is bowl at the AI and you will end up getting wkts. Doesn't matter whether you bowl well or not, AI will gift their wkts by slogging across the line and getting bowled/LBW or getting caught in the outfield.

Batting will take a couple of days to get used and will happen over time.

My experience has been all you have to do is bowl at the AI and you will end up getting wkts. Doesn't matter whether you bowl well or not, AI will gift their wkts by slogging across the line and getting bowled/LBW or getting caught in the outfield.

That's what it pretty much seems like it to me as well, & hence makes bowling tiresome & boring. I feel like I am just throwing bowls here & there, waiting for the AI batsman to decide when to give me a wicket.

Last edited:
Amazes me with the actual feel of the game every game as you play it. Am in 4th year T20, had a horrible run with my player but team qualified for quarter finals. BANG! Back to back match winning partnerships in QF & SF with individual score of 41 & 43 as number 3. Felt so disappointing when I got out nearing 10 runs to win the game in semis with 98 runs partnership for 2nd wicket, but the feeling of it was so good that my boy is actually able to do something for the team.

However we lost the finals, got 31 in finals but the opponents chased down 170 with ease. Also noticed that, AI gives me the ball to bowl part time spin atleast 1 match every T20 tournament. Got 5 wickets till now as part timer! :p

What a game, I don't think we will ever feel bored of playing this.

That's pretty much seems like it to me as well, & hence makes bowling tiresome & boring. I feel like I am just throwing bowls here & there, waiting for the AI batsman to decide when to give me a wicket.

Yup. My bowling so far is a combination of wides, no-balls, boundaries and wkts. A decent delivery is hit for a boundary by AI while a cr@ppy long hop is skied to a fielder. AI batting is pants in the game and Big Ant needs to patch AI batting coz it feels like you are bowling to a bunch of lower order sloggers and not batsmen.

got my first class centry.
114 of 52 balls lol. love it.

Its funny. Usually you don't get runs. But when you do you get them with the strike rate of over 100.

----------

Yup. My bowling so far is a combination of wides, no-balls, boundaries and wkts. A decent delivery is hit for a boundary by AI while a cr@ppy long hop is skied to a fielder. AI batting is pants in the game and Big Ant needs to patch AI batting coz it feels like you are bowling to a bunch of lower order sloggers and not batsmen.

Talking of bowling ... another thing that's frustrating is that when you are really bowling good and if you get 2 or 3 wickets in your first four or five overs (or not) many a times your AI captain removes you from bowling. That's just unrealistic and BS.

Talking of bowling ... another thing that's frustrating is that when you are really bowling good and if you get 2 or 3 wickets in your first four or five overs (or not) many a times your AI captain removes you from bowling. That's just unrealistic and BS.

Well they have no choice and have to. If they allow the user/career player bowl too much, AI will hardly score much. The only way AI puts up a score is coz of simulation. The more you simulate an AI innings, more they tend to score. That's the reason user/career bowling has to be limited to an extent else you will end up with matches where AI barely touches 200 and after a while it will get boring. In fact that's the reason I will start my career as a pure batsman once the game's patched.

I scored back 2 back centuries in 4 day match in career mode and followed it with a hundred. As the AI always delivers the ball on middle or legstump I played most of my shots on the legside, then I took legstump guard and dispatched the ball over slips for 3 consecutive sixes which brought my 50, if you plan your innings where there are no fielders then you can hit centuries.

I have a question, did anyone hit a slog sweep six or a four, I am trying it but I can only get 2 runs of it.

Everytime I attempt dilscoop or paddle sweep I am getting caught can we hit sixes using dilscoop?

Well they have no choice and have to. If they allow the user/career player bowl too much, AI will hardly score much. The only way AI puts up a score is coz of simulation. The more you simulate an AI innings, more they tend to score. That's the reason user/career bowling has to be limited to an extent else you will end up with matches where AI barely touches 200 and after a while it will get boring. In fact that's the reason I will start my career as a pure batsman once the game's patched.
also because of fatigue I guess.

also because of fatigue I guess.

Fatigue after 4 overs, when you have taken 3 quick wickets? Bowler should be elated not fatigued.

I read somewhere that the fatigue piece will be addressed in the patch as well. But yeah it's disappointing that you only have to see off couple of overs against a genuine quick coz you know his speed will taper off drastically starting 3rd or 4th over and the bowler will be reduced to a slowish medium pacer by the time he bowls his 5th over.

Users who are viewing this thread