How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I'm having a decent time of it at the minute. Playing a fast Batsman all rounder and the bowling side of it has been impressive, Picked up my second 5 wicket haul, however my batting side of it is terrible. Highest score I think is 3 with 2 runouts, 1 Lbw, 1 bowled and 1 caught at slip from a nick. Terrible feeling getting the nick as I'd felt it rush through and timed my block late.

idiot things:

1) cancel run is stupid.. when i cancel run they come back as if they are walking in a park..

2) when i'm batting and accidently i press cancel run even though i havent pressed "run" the wicket keeper runs you out..

3) you always get out on a short ball if you hit it on front foot.. and guessing a short ball is almost a fluke.

4) maybe the power of shot should be programmed as how hard you pull the right stick.. so if i want a single you pull it gently..coz taking a deliberate single is very tough..

5) batsman hardly hit basic shots in the gaps..it always finds fielders..

6) if i hit a straight drive its always a half chance for the bowler to catch..why cant he just hit it on the ground..

7) batting with good teams its ok.. these all problem only exists in career mode. batting is annoyingly difficult in career mode..cant seem to enjoy it.

8) direct hits..its unrealistic..9/10 times they hit stumps..

9) Camera, i use broadcast camera for batting and its too far..far camera in nets is different, its nice..i like to play watching my player from the front..and this doesnt help in real matches..front cameras are too far and awkward.

10) overall i love the feel of the game, its nice...feels like a match..but if you can please do something about these things..

Last edited:
I am now "getting attention" in the county selection screen, if I choose to play for a county team will this override my career for NSW or will I be able to play both shield and county cricket?

I am now "getting attention" in the county selection screen, if I choose to play for a county team will this override my career for NSW or will I be able to play both shield and county cricket?

You can play in both :D
You can play in everything available

Last edited:
new highest scores - 21 in List A and 18 in FC.

playing close cam has revolutionised my batting to seamers. might need to go back to far cam for spinners, as struggling there.

still hate the AI fields, in FC cricket especially the fields are a joke - looks nothing like cricket and makes scoring opportunities very small.

Sometimes you miss players on the field because they are not visible due to players in the close area block the view and you end up hitting a lofted shot there and get catch out....

i thk there should be a translucent field HUD given on right bottom.

i just got out caught twice on long on because i couldnt see the player and i hit it with lofted shot thinking its a four or six..this is frustrating..

FIELDING HUD needed.

i just got out caught twice on long on because i couldnt see the player and i hit it with lofted shot thinking its a four or six..this is frustrating..

FIELDING HUD needed.

In the first patch.

As an all round batsmen I get bored because of too much bowling but as a batsman I don't get any runs because I'm no good, I can't win :D!

I was on 47* and the team needed 2 runs to win, was absolutely mortified when i let my partner run through a single on the last ball of the over.

My partner must have known! He blocked out the whole over, and i lofted the ball for 6 to win and get my highest score of 53* :D

I carried my form into the next county game and scored 143*. Got left stranded though! :(

Does timing matters in terms of keeping a shot in to the ground or playing it in the air? Sometimes, even if I try to play it along the ground ended up with getting caught at mid on or mid off.

Does timing matters in terms of keeping a shot in to the ground or playing it in the air? Sometimes, even if I try to play it along the ground ended up with getting caught at mid on or mid off.

yes

----------

idiot things:

1) cancel run is stupid.. when i cancel run they come back as if they are walking in a park..

2) when i'm batting and accidently i press cancel run even though i havent pressed "run" the wicket keeper runs you out..

3) you always get out on a short ball if you hit it on front foot.. and guessing a short ball is almost a fluke.

4) maybe the power of shot should be programmed as how hard you pull the right stick.. so if i want a single you pull it gently..coz taking a deliberate single is very tough..

5) batsman hardly hit basic shots in the gaps..it always finds fielders..

6) if i hit a straight drive its always a half chance for the bowler to catch..why cant he just hit it on the ground..

7) batting with good teams its ok.. these all problem only exists in career mode. batting is annoyingly difficult in career mode..cant seem to enjoy it.

8) direct hits..its unrealistic..9/10 times they hit stumps..

9) Camera, i use broadcast camera for batting and its too far..far camera in nets is different, its nice..i like to play watching my player from the front..and this doesnt help in real matches..front cameras are too far and awkward.

10) overall i love the feel of the game, its nice...feels like a match..but if you can please do something about these things..

1) Stop pressing cancel run then, or press it in a more timely manner. Its bugged but you know its bugged.

2) ditto

3) no you dont but you should get out more hitting a short ball of the front foot. A fluke how? Hook or cut it to the boundary.

4) Thats how block trigger works.

5) you are the batter .. you find the gap. The ai does it pretty well

6) Again its you. Time the shot better/dont hit straight. The fielders are too good at catching though incl bowler.

7) Practice

8) True!

9) weird ...

10) Direct hits, catching, run outs should all be better in a week or two when patch 1 comes out.

Career mode is good
but playing fast bowlers is more of a guess work
my only question is how to play a half drive just like the ai and not the full fledge drive my player plays if i press r2 and l2

Users who are viewing this thread