How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
why is it that getting batsmen out is too easy, do they miss and edge balls or go for ridiculous rope clearing shots far too often that end in the deep fielders hands?

or does the fielding have anything to do with it as that is getting toned down in the patch.

For me they get bowled or lbw or caught infield.

Not the best photos but I made 9 and 21 on debut. Certainly didn't find batting impossible. Caught behind in both innings. :(

I have found that caught behind is 90% of the time related to foot placement, ie: ball angled at off stump however footwork tends to leg side (for example). I never realized this until I started double checking my left stick movement vs in-game footwork. Too easy on the PS3 controller to lazily push forward at a 'left-favouring' angle due to natural thumb movement. Starting to get a bit more disciplined at it, but still hard to get rid of 10 years of bad habits with a game that insists on max concentration for decent scores. Loving the challenge.

"The only criticism I have so far is that the AI bowling changes seems very weird. In the 20 overs i've played, both Kervezee and Fell have had a bowl (neither of which bowl in real life) and Shantry hasn't had a bowl (who opens the bowling in real life)."

Lol yes would you believe it if I said Vernon Philander playing for Kent never gets to bowl an over.

For me they get bowled or lbw or caught infield.

Same here. 'AI' doesn't have much 'I' going on at times. It would be nice if the AI could read the game situation prior to attempting to launch an all out attack at the opposition when the scenario calls for less than three an over!

It's like the AI have human-like anger tendencies to smash everything as soon as something doesn't go their way! Funny to watch if it comes off, but frustrating to watch it fails as three fresh-airy's in a row end in being bowled by a half volley!

Sometimes it would be nice to get a fifty or hundred run partnership going BEFORE the AI goes bonkers! Haha

----------

"The only criticism I have so far is that the AI bowling changes seems very weird. In the 20 overs i've played, both Kervezee and Fell have had a bowl (neither of which bowl in real life) and Shantry hasn't had a bowl (who opens the bowling in real life)."

Lol yes would you believe it if I said Vernon Philander playing for Kent never gets to bowl an over.

There are known issues with this - being patched.

At least its good for us batsman who get to face part timers when they first get in!

why is it that getting batsmen out is too easy, do they miss and edge balls or go for ridiculous rope clearing shots far too often that end in the deep fielders hands?

or does the fielding have anything to do with it as that is getting toned down in the patch.

I think folks have already provided feedback that getting AI out is too easy. Even on Veteran difficulty level AI batsmen doesn't put up a decent total against user/human opponent. The only way to get a decent game, once you are used to the batting, is to either simulate AI innings or play career mode. Definitely something @BigAntStudios (Ross) have to work on in the next iteration of the game, or hopefully in a future patch.

I just had two very important 50 run partnerships as a tailender. First one was 51 for the 8th wicket with Trent Copeland which gave us first innings points and the other was 58 with Peter Nevill for the 7th which set up the win. I was out LBW 18 runs short of the total. Great stuff, best batting I've had ?nd it was as a bowler.

Leg spin bowler these are my dismissals through 3 shield games

Bowled: 15
Caught: 14
Caught WK: 4
Caught & bowled: 1
LBW: 1
Stumped: 4

biggest problem i find with batting in the 4 day, more so than one-day, in career as well as other modes, is the ai fields are so ludicrously unrealistic, and there is simply not a gap because the 2 or 3 fielders that should be at slip/gully are in the cover ring or mid off-on, and move like Pegasus. it's nigh on impossible to just manoeuvre the ball for ones, and a slight mis-time that you should be able to get away with goes to a fielder that probably shouldn't be there anyway... and even if it doesn't go straight to him, he will get there.

it's nigh on unforgivable for a game that has spent so much attention on the sport, and clearly has a decent understanding of/love for the game, to not know what a reasonable field setting is. i hope this is fixed in the first or second patch because so many of the other problems flow from that.

on topic - my highest score is 16, my first class average is 3.75, and my list-a average is 0.6

i get a duck every 2 or 3 innings. am absolutely terrible at playing off the appropriate foot, and can't get away from keep pressing leave when i think i am playing a shot.

highlight of my career was running out my captain just short of his 50.

I made 50 of 25 balls in my list A debut lol.
I smash a six for 125 meters straight down the ground lol..love it.

In career, does anyone know if National teams develop over time, or will it be the same England/Australia team for the entire career?

As you reach international level ur bowling meter does not appear, u r on ur own.

on topic - my highest score is 16, my first class average is 3.75, and my list-a average is 0.6

i get a duck every 2 or 3 innings. am absolutely terrible at playing off the appropriate foot, and can't get away from keep pressing leave when i think i am playing a shot.

highlight of my career was running out my captain just short of his 50.

I would have kicked you out of the team if I were the captain :p

batting all rounder batting at 4, slowly impriving the batting got a solid 31 batting for a draw.
bowling i literally either get spanked out the attack or be unplayable, figures in 4day games so far are,
4-16,8-7 (SOME DESUT!!!!!!), 0-124, 0-90, 5-74,3-19, 4-55

Tip score of your pads and front foot pull shot at the start, you will still get out a lot but you will get easy 4 or 1 and 2 with the odd 3 in there.

The fact that this is what you are resorting to, to make runs shows that you are also finding batting hard.

This tip works like a charm but it will not improve your batting. It is just a cheap method of abusing an exploit in the game. 3 main reason:

-flick of the pads is far too overpowered just like the front foot pull shot
-majority of pace bowling is directed at leg stump or down the leg side
-AI field placement are very unrealistic when it is clear you are scoring all your runs square of the wicket on the onside.

There are parallels of this on most sports games. Its like abusing pace and cheap crosses on FIFA, people that play call of duty and find glitch spots on the map.

I reckon a lot of people that are saying batting on VET and LEGENDARY is ok are just abusing those tactics. Which is fair enough, you paid for the game so you have every right to play it how you want to.

Surely getting your eye in should involve leaving the ball, blocking and pushing singles around the offside and onside. Not just hitting non stop leg glances until you get to 20 and then try and bat properly.

As dodgy and stupidly easy as cricket 07 was, you could always go in there at the start of your innings and get your eye in using realistic methods.

Last edited:
The fact that this is what you are resorting to, to make runs shows that you are also finding batting hard.

This tip works like a charm but it will not improve your batting. It is just a cheap method of abusing an exploit in the game. 3 main reason:

-flick of the pads is far too overpowered just like the front foot pull shot
-majority of pace bowling is directed at leg stump or down the leg side
-AI field placement are very unrealistic when it is clear you are scoring all your runs square of the wicket on the onside.

There are parallels of this on most sports games. Its like abusing pace and cheap crosses on FIFA, people that play call of duty and find glitch spots on the map.

I reckon a lot of people that are saying batting on VET and LEGENDARY is ok are just abusing those tactics. Which is fair enough, you paid for the game so you have every right to play it how you want to.

Surely getting your eye in should involve leaving the ball, blocking and pushing singles around the offside and onside. Not just hitting non stop leg glances until you get to 20 and then try and bat properly.

Agree 100%

Users who are viewing this thread