How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Or just lower the difficulty level and get used to it?

This is not up to your usual standards.

Amateur is silly easy, pro is really hard. There is no reasonable option to lower difficulty and get used to it since you can score endless runs with no skill on amateur.

This is not up to your usual standards.

Amateur is silly easy, pro is really hard. There is no reasonable option to lower difficulty and get used to it since you can score endless runs with no skill on amateur.

Practice and after a few days you will score better. I get out for a average inns score of about 150 to 180 now with a best of 231 and 87 with Clarke.:thumbs

I agree with those who say the window of choosing between front foot or back foot shots is far too small. It seems nearly impossible to me to be able to predict line and length of a fast bowler in this game. I rarely play any back foot shots simply because premeditating a front foot is the only way to play right now.

As a leg spinner I just took 9/31 and 7/49 on debut and got a pair in batting. I should have made myself a number 11 rather than number 8!

Or just lower the difficulty level and get used to it?

For someone who apparently "Gets it" surely you have a better solution than telling people to sit on amateur for 2 weeks repeatedly making 200+ off 100 balls and bowling out the CPU for single figures.

For someone who apparently "Gets it" surely you have a better solution than telling people to sit on amateur for 2 weeks repeatedly making 200+ off 100 balls and bowling out the CPU for single figures.

You love to complain a lot Phil.;)

even without playing the game maybe a slightly longer period of timing the front back foots could be implemented. In real cricket you have to judge eats ball on its own merit, however you react on instinct without pressing left triggers so thats where maybe a small correction is needed, slightly more time.

But I don't think the pitch marker is a good option after all the games been designed not to have this, if its in then it should come very late when the bowler releases the ball.

Pitch Marker is not required. We can't allow the game to devolve into a mini game like previous titles. Ross has already confirmed that Bigant will have a look at difficulty after the dust is settled as in first two patches are applied to the game.

Last edited:
A slightly bigger window for determining the footwork and shot will do the job. In the end it is down to reflexes quite like the real thing. Some people like me here are never going to be good/quick enough in judging when to go back/front. I can judge which shot to play but I can never judge the footwork I would need.

Exactly feels like I'm using exploits because it's too hard without them

Practice and after a few days you will score better. I get out for a avge inns score of about 150 to 180 now with a best of 231 and 87 with Clarke.:thumbs

No. Not true.

Had game since release day. My usual score on my pro is zero. My high score is 6.

Pro casual games are a bit better obviously but still not great. And 90% of runs come from spin because pace is just too hard for me to judge.

----------

Pitch Marker is not required. We can't allow the game to devolve into a mini game like previous titles. Ross has already confirm that Bigant will have a look at difficulty after the dust is settled as in first two patches are applied to the game.

But that is way too far away. There's no chance I will be still playing this game for the weeks or months it will take to get to that point given how frustrating I'm finding it.

I don't understand the reticence to change. Make a couple of changes to pro difficulty to make it easier. Bigger window for shot selection and timing. Leave the higher difficultys unchanged for those who aren't facing the same issues.

You lose none of the ninja reflex people and you prevent the loss of everyone else.

Premiditating foot movement

Premeditating seems to be the only way possible to score. I also keep just two ready options in my mind for the shot. Either square/fine leg or straight. rarely do I manage to hit the off side.

But i have to admit, it gets easier and that is so much more satisfying than EA's kid cricket.
Not having been upto much else besides this game for the past week, I have noticed how my dependence on pre decided shots is reducing.

In the career mode, I am consistently hitting the 50s or the 60s now without having scored a single century.

Very satisfying playing experience. ANd yes, I know this is not the thread for it, but then there is none....the online is disastrous! Ashes all over again!

BTW, anyone know, what the 10 in below image signifies?

Attachments

• dbci.jpg
    dbci.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 15
No. Not true.

Had game since release day. My usual score on my pro is zero. My high score is 6.

Pro casual games are a bit better obviously but still not great. And 90% of runs come from spin because pace is just too hard for me to judge.

----------

But that is way too far away. There's no chance I will be still playing this game for the weeks or months it will take to get to that point given how frustrating I'm finding it.

I don't understand the reticence to change. Make a couple of changes to pro difficulty to make it easier. Bigger window for shot selection and timing. Leave the higher difficultys unchanged for those who aren't facing the same issues.

You lose none of the ninja reflex people and you prevent the loss of everyone else.

I disagree, I find Pro to be the perfect setting for me personally, thats the problem here, everybody has their own skill level and everybody wants the game to change to suite them. Surely you understand that this can't be done... what's next? Ross sending all of us a personalized copy with our own "settings" come now people, the majority of people are now getting the hang of batting on pro, so yeah... maybe the game isn't the problem ;)

I've also had the game since release day, I'm scoring runs (30+) regularly and then I get myself out by playing stupid shots, my fault, not the difficulty settings fault. :thumbs

So since everybody seems to be doing it, let me throw my 2c in... Ross... Batting is perfect mate, please make AI batsmen better... ta!

Last edited:
Decided to set my player up as a wicket keeper/batsman in the game. Only managed to get 20 overs of fielding in so far, but it has been very enjoyable (which is even more remarkable since I haven't had a chance come my way). Playing for Worcestershire. The only criticism I have so far is that the AI bowling changes seems very weird. In the 20 overs i've played, both Kervezee and Fell have had a bowl (neither of which bowl in real life) and Shantry hasn't had a bowl (who opens the bowling in real life).

edit: Also the camera angle when keeping to spinners is very weird. It's offset to the right slightly and if you have a 1st slip in place, you can't really see anything.

if you had a player with pakistan nationality would you be able to play the IPL

I got a very funny situation in my career mode game today. I played a short pitch ball towards deep mid wicket. The ball went a little more height. So i thought it is gonna be a an one bounce four. I don't know how but suddenly the long on fielder ran like hell and caught me near the boundary ropes. Isn't this ridiculous

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread