How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I was batting last night with Maxwell when i went out for 20 odd and he was 10 at the time, i simulated until my next turn and he piled on 256!!

Was wondering if anyone has seen anything higher from the AI at any time?

Gambhir scored a triple century for my career mode team.

Put my career on hold ! I'm playing as a batsman got the game now for over a week and the pro difficulty is just to hard and not fun if you can't get a score over 50 in in that time on more then 1 occasion I got tons of skill points but it doesn't seem to improve anything ! In another career as a all rounder same thing batting I get nowhere bowling way to easy and batting lol avg of 5.23 after 2 seasons !

I do appreciate to have a learning curve but come on seriously this is just to much
I play games since the old Atari 64 or whatever that thing was !
But this just frustrates me !

Please put amateur in career not everybody is a full on gamer the idea with starting the career at a later stage is all good and nice but you couldn't enjoy the whole 20 years
Just ad amateur without being eligible for the leaderboard !

This is pretty much my position. Its just not fun at all.

I understand theres a good amount of people that can bat on pro and above so its good to have those difficulties for them. However making pro the minimum setting for career completely destroys the best part of the game for everyone else.

Paraphrasing from another thread.

I just dont feel that the difficulty level is possible to overcome. Either you have the reflexes to make multiple decisions and translate them into accurate controller movements in a fraction of a second or you do not.

I do not and am pretty sure I will never be able to.

Amateur = absurdly easy. No coordination or timing is required.
Pro = Pretty much impossible for a lot of people. Extreme coordination combined with split second timing required.

I have never had this kind of issue with a game. I have pretty much wasted the last 30 years playing games on every platform and never struggled to achieve at least mediocrity.

So, just hit my first ever fifty. Unfortunately within three balls got out, but I'm happy enough with 51 off 85. Felt good, I was shitting myself through the whole innings though

I have learnt two lessons the hard way...

1. When new to the crease, take your time and don't play too many big shots. It's quite easy to get out early in the innings on PRO mode or higher.

2. Be careful when there's a bowling change, especially when pacer is replaced by a spinner. I invariably lose a wkt to a spinner early on as I play the shot early and hit it in the air.

:facepalm

Surely anyone who has played cricket ever would know this

For sure, but it's totally a new thing that it's transitioned into the gaming area now, with Big Ant successfully replicating the concept of "patience" as opposed to pointing the cone at the boundary and press X to hit a four off every delivery...

I understand theres a good amount of people that can bat on pro and above so its good to have those difficulties for them. However making pro the minimum setting for career completely destroys the best part of the game for everyone else.

I just dont feel that the difficulty level is possible to overcome. Either you have the reflexes to make multiple decisions and translate them into accurate controller movements in a fraction of a second or you do not.

Pro = Pretty much impossible for a lot of people. Extreme coordination combined with split second timing required.

I have never had this kind of issue with a game. I have pretty much wasted the last 30 years playing games on every platform and never struggled to achieve at least mediocrity.

Im at a point where I can consistently make it past 50 And while it's exciting its more frustrating the way I have to bat than it is fun. I don't really feel in control and the controls still feel clumsy, even when I hit a few boundaries it doesn't feel right to me. Most people making runs have to play leg side and front foot I find I have to do this too and can't play each ball on its merits properly and can't defend

Have to agree with both these comments. I have not read all the thread but it appears some are managing to conquer career batting. I picked up the game on the day of release and I just can't get the hang of it.

All other aspects of the game appear fantastic but the frustration being caused by this one little aspect has killed the game for me. I have tried others parts of the game but career mode is a key attraction.

Perhaps if they allowed footwork assistance as an option in career mode and leave all other aspects as Pro and above?

I hope a patch is released in the future. In the meantime for my families sake I will put away to avoid the ongoing frustration.

Im at a point where I can consistently make it past 50 And while it's exciting its more frustrating the way I have to bat than it is fun. I don't really feel in control and the controls still feel clumsy, even when I hit a few boundaries it doesn't feel right to me. Most people making runs have to play leg side and front foot I find I have to do this too and can't play each ball on its merits properly and can't defend

LOL exactly my thoughts, i play on veteran and can make it past 50 often enough but the method i use to do it is just pure sweatiness. Ridiculous amounts of leg side runs due to the leg glance being so over powered and mostly premeditated footwork before the ball is released.

I feel like i am just abusing a weakness in the game to be honest and it isn't fun at all.

A slightly bigger window for determining the footwork and shot will do the job. In the end it is down to reflexes quite like the real thing. Some people like me here are never going to be good/quick enough in judging when to go back/front. I can judge which shot to play but I can never judge the footwork I would need.

I am halfway through my second year in the English Season. I am nearing international Test selection thanks to my brilliant performances with the ball. Batting is slowly getting easier. I still average under 10 in all formats and have 2 50's and a few 30's to my name. I always seem to get out on 9.

Hoping that by the time I get selected for international duty I can at least score more consistently.

20 years is going to be a long career. So even if it takes me 5 years to get the hang of batting, I wont mind. The next 15 years will be spent attempting to improve my figures and challenging the record of Kallis and Tendulkar. Judging by the way it is currently going, I am more likely to challenge the record of Warne or Murali.

Hahaha... Oh man...

Or just lower the difficulty level and get used to it?

Users who are viewing this thread