How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I disagree, I find Pro to be the perfect setting for me personally, thats the problem here, everybody has their own skill level and everybody wants the game to change to suite them. Surely you understand that this can't be done... what's next? Ross sending all of us a personalized copy with our own "settings" come now people, the majority of people are now getting the hang of batting on pro, so yeah... maybe the game isn't the problem ;)

I've also had the game since release day, I'm scoring runs (30+) regularly and then I get myself out by playing stupid shots, my fault, not the difficulty settings fault. :thumbs

So since everybody seems to be doing it, let me throw my 2c in... Ross... Batting is perfect mate, please make AI batsmen better... ta!

Some reasonable points, some pointless hyperbole.

Do you really think that batting and bowling are balanced on pro?

What makes you think the majority of people are getting the hang of batting on pro?

Since you believe the current pro setting is perfect, and that's the first time I've heard anyone say that. How about an alternative.

Has anyone ever used novice setting? I would guess not since amateur is so easy.
So, rebadge amateur as novice, make amateur a slightly easier batting version of pro as suggested then leave the remainder untouched.

picked up 15 wickets in my first match lol. took 9 wickets in first innings and 6 in second innings.
batting is really hard..only scord 1 lol

Some reasonable points, some pointless hyperbole.

Do you really think that batting and bowling are balanced on pro?

What makes you think the majority of people are getting the hang of batting on pro?

Since you believe the current pro setting is perfect, and that's the first time I've heard anyone say that. How about an alternative.

Has anyone ever used novice setting? I would guess not since amateur is so easy.
So, rebadge amateur as novice, make amateur a slightly easier batting version of pro as suggested then leave the remainder untouched.

Balanced? No, not at all, but that's fine for me, because my batting and bowling skills aren't balanced as yet, so yes I bowl sides out for lowish scores, but I still find it challenging getting them... hence me saying, perfect setting for me personally...

I fully agree that its not balanced, I just think that the problem isn't the batting and that it's the bowling, getting AI batsmen out is easy... Even on Legend, its easy. When the weekend ends I'll probably have to go to Veteran or Legend to make games competitive. Not because batting is too easy on Pro, but because bowling is easy.

I just think you guys are approaching it in the wrong way, I guess its human nature though, we'd rather make things easier than harder... but really, the batting is fine, getting AI batsmen out needs to be harder...

Foot work is important when batting, not so much front foot / back foot but getting in line, I play 90% of my shots off pace bowlers off the back foot and 99% from spinners off the front foot. Unrealistic? no I wouldn't say so, that's how I play in real life as well, important thing is to play the right line, figure that out and batting becomes a lot simpler. :thumbs

I think this has generally been an issue in cricket games in the past as well. My personal opinion is that...

One of the 2 disciplines should be standardized, meaning, that if the AI score 180 in 20 overs off you in Legend, they will still score 180 off you on Amateur, it should just be a whole lot easier to get that 180 on amateur than on legend, problem is that this is never how its implemented, instead on easy levels we can smash everything and bowl sides out for 40.. Ross correct me of i'm wrong difficulty should be relative to something right? that something should ideally be a constant... so how will balanced difficulty ever be achieved when there is no constant? (i.e both batting and bowling changes on every level?) just a thought.

Last edited:
I started DBC14 with sheer arrogance. Created my player, a quick go in the match practice and on to career on pro. And my team (Somerset) lost to Surrey by 205 runs. And my player had a shocker. But it was brilliant.

A batting all rounder at number 7, I bowled with K. Pawson (KP) going well. But my first few overs were shocking. I dropped a caught and bowled from KP, but I managed a clever run out backing up and I fielded for one ball in the entire innings, getting a catch at mid on. Unfortunately, I hadn't paid attention to the manual and I ended up bowling about 15 no balls overall (I fishing hate that stupid umpire R.Symons) and was hooked after 6 overs. I came back with KP on 98, and ended up dropping him on 99 and 115. He got 200 not out. Oh dear. 12-0-60-0.

Trailing by 300 when I came in, I set about making a big score. Naturally, I was LBW 0(1) blocking and missing a straight one.

Third innings was an improvement, ending up with 4-2-9-1. The moment I got that wicket (a faint edge to the keeper) I leapt up in the air, nearly forgetting to appeal. I've never been happier during a video game. My captain, however, was an idiot. So I was removed after 4 overs.

My second batting effort was a major improvement. I blocked a leg side delivery, and was able to watch from the other end. My partner hit one down the ground, and I forgot the run button. I pressed every button, and eventually headed down the wicket. I don't know why, but I said no when I was halfway there, and the run out glitch caused me to amble back into my crease. 0(1).

My first ever game was a load of shit, but this is by far the best cricket game I've ever played. Well done.

Last edited:
I have started doing quite well with my batting in the career mode. Now i have scored 3 back to back half centuries in the 4 day matches (higest of 93). But being a batting allrounder who balls fast I find it very difficult to get wickets.

No. Not true.

Had game since release day. My usual score on my pro is zero. My high score is 6.

Pro casual games are a bit better obviously but still not great. And 90% of runs come from spin because pace is just too hard for me to judge.

----------

But that is way too far away. There's no chance I will be still playing this game for the weeks or months it will take to get to that point given how frustrating I'm finding it.

I don't understand the reticence to change. Make a couple of changes to pro difficulty to make it easier. Bigger window for shot selection and timing. Leave the higher difficultys unchanged for those who aren't facing the same issues.

You lose none of the ninja reflex people and you prevent the loss of everyone else.

Tip score of your pads and front foot pull shot at the start, you will still get out a lot but you will get easy 4 or 1 and 2 with the odd 3 in there.

PS I have improved so much i just scored 89 with Warner of 101 balls and made 294(oneday) and also a 71 and 33 in the same match. I am also start to score in area i was not before.

Don't give up it's not easy just like real cricket and also T20 and oneday cricket is easier so start as test are the hardest as they should be dude.:thumbs

I havent even got one 5 wkt haul during my career which is coming to the end of first season. In most of the matches I get only 1 wkt and sometimes I dnt even get a single wkt. I cant understand how people here find bowling too easy.

I havent even got one 5 wkt haul during my career which is coming to the end of first season. In most of the matches I get only 1 wkt and sometimes I dnt even get a single wkt. I cant understand how people here find bowling too easy.

What type of bowler? Mine is a part time spinner and I got 13 wickets in my first match.

Haven't tried pace in career, it seems even easier to get wickets in casual games with pace. But that's not necessarily carried over.

Jadel;2739144]What type of bowler? Mine is a part time spinner and I got 13 wickets in my first match.

Haven't tried pace in career, it seems even easier to get wickets in casual games with pace. But that's not necessarily carried over.[/QUOTE]

Mine is a fast bowler

----------

How can I get regular wickets in career

I've got four 5 wicket hauls and two 10 wicket matches in two games.

9/31 best bowling and 16/80 best match figures both on debut. 15/99 for the match in the second game. I'd take all 8 wickets in the first innings of the second match when I was taken out of the attack.

On the contrary in 4 innings I have 3 golden ducks and a score of 8.

@blockerdave would be proud of me. 9 off 38 on debut before edging behind. I got loads of those "play 3 defensive shots in an over" awards...
What was a bit strange was that my partners were all smashing it like we were playing a T20.

I fully agree that its not balanced, I just think that the problem isn't the batting and that it's the bowling, getting AI batsmen out is easy... Even on Legend, its easy. When the weekend ends I'll probably have to go to Veteran or Legend to make games competitive. Not because batting is too easy on Pro, but because bowling is easy.

why is it that getting batsmen out is too easy, do they miss and edge balls or go for ridiculous rope clearing shots far too often that end in the deep fielders hands?

or does the fielding have anything to do with it as that is getting toned down in the patch.

Not the best photos but I made 9 and 21 on debut. Certainly didn't find batting impossible. Caught behind in both innings. :(

Attachments

• IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1756.JPG
    IMG_1756.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread