How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Addendum: Matthew Wade and I are going to need to sit down and talk about our running between the wickets now we have a few more gaps in the field to hit to, mostly because I'm running him out trying to get back on strike...

My favourite part of the game is standing at the non-strikers end shouting advice/encouragement at Joe Root.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is there a high occurrence of balls rolling back onto the stumps and bowling someone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now scoring consistently in the 30-70 range. Bowling average in all forms in under 10. Getting "very close" to my test debut and as soon as it starts again I'll be a regular in a County team (pretty much about ready to debut in all other leagues as well).

Career mode as opening batsman and struggling to get some decent runs. On the last Pro 40 game, however, got 19 runs and 3 wickets (all tail enders). But still the team lost, because I cost the team 2 run outs in the top order. :p

Honestly, average is in single digits. Batting is so much harder in career mode. Finding it impossible to pick up line and length in time to do anything much.

You'll get better and will have earned it when you do.

You'll get better and will have earned it when you do.
What is funny is that, a pure batsman is being giving the ball (right arm medium, but only occasionally I admit) but still able to pick up wickets if I bowl half-decent deliveries. I got two bowled off consecutive deliveries of last two batsmen , so no chance of a hat-trick.

@BigAntStudios Ross, is that overhead animation always played when there's a field change? I can't be certain but I'm pretty sure none was just played and I was caught in a place I thought there was no fielder?

Okay, more grist to my 'all umpires hate me' mill when I was given out LBW first ball in a Pro50 game when it was miles and I MEAN MILES outside off both pitching, impact and everything. Luckily I could challenge it in a One Day match but it's pretty clear now that all umpires have got together to stop my career before it starts.

Averaging under 10 in first class in bowling :D
Economy of 6.29 in T20 :D
Averaging 15 in OD :D
But but my batting is horrible :(
Averaging under 10 in all formats after 10 or so games :(
This foot placement has made me confused... Cant select the right foot :(
Can anyone help me regarding foot placement? :(

Averaging under 10 in first class in bowling :D
Economy of 6.29 in T20 :D
Averaging 15 in OD :D
But but my batting is horrible :(
Averaging under 10 in all formats after 10 or so games :(
This foot placement has made me confused... Cant select the right foot :(
Can anyone help me regarding foot placement? :(
Go on the front foot before the ball is bowled and hit where the fielders aren't. One trick I've used is if there isn't anyone straight and deep belt it over the bowlers head till they change the field to stop it then stick to leg glances along the ground till they change it back then repeat (the vice versa is also true). Also don't try to slog the spinners just glance or hit in the V (along the ground in both cases). By doing this in my last 10 matches in Sheffield Shield I've averaged 30-40 odd with the bat (including 2 50's and only 1 score below 10).

Users who are viewing this thread