How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I personally like off and cover drives if they've only got people close in.

Top tip for leg glances : Don't run until your sure it hasn't gone to the square leg fielder if he's close in, he appears to be able to pick up and throw the ball directly in milliseconds and runs you out easily!

Is it possible to get offered a contract for the Aussie OD league but not the FC? Just scored consecutive 50's in the P40 but struggling in FC.

Last edited:
Top tip for leg glances : Don't run until your sure it hasn't gone to the square leg fielder if he's close in, he appears to be able to pick up and throw the ball directly in milliseconds and runs you out easily!
Too true, I've run myself and my batting partners out doing that a couple of times early on. Moral of the story look around before taking the crease!

Is it possible to get offered a contract for the Aussie OD league but not the FC? Just scored consecutive 50's in the P40 but struggling in FC.
I don't know, I've just accepted a contract with Nottinghamshire in the County comp myself, in my case it looks like I'll be playing Test cricket for Australia (I'm an Aussie) before I get a chance in the ODI's or T20I's.

Not sure if you can play in Australian comps (besides Big Bash) if you're player is English.

any captains here? do you get to choose the batting order like a captain does in real life

Yeh @WEEVZ it works both ways, Australian players can play all format of the English competition English players can play all formats of the Australian competition. Just curious if you have to be selected for OD and FC :).

Yeh @WEEVZ it works both ways, Australian players can play all format of the English competition English players can play all formats of the Australian competition. Just curious if you have to be selected for OD and FC :).
Dunno, to start with it'd be just one, so in your case if you perform better in the shorter forms you're more likely to get picked up in those first. Do you know at what stage in the career captaincy starts being given? I'd assume about halfway through or something but dunno (the captain I'm playing under for Victoria is a bit of a dipstick with his bowlers (I've bowled 10 on the trot in one-dayers more than once).

Got two wickets for around 30 runs as a spin bowler in my first game. Only 6 runs in one innings though. Was doing well and then played a cut shot when I shouldn't have.

The stumping issue is damn irritating. Batsmen should automatically slide their feet back in the crease as the reaction time is too short to realize what is happening (At least for me). And I've not found any way to slide the feet back in the crease??

My career player is getting more run outs and stumped than getting dismissed regularly. Frustrating...

Highest score of 81. Ironically with my pure bowler coming in at 8...

I think there are issues with big wheel as the lines some of thing are not correct like in this a single is shown as crossing the boundary line and I have seen four which are not touching the rope in the wheel...

It's close enough.
Anyway I got MOTM as a bowler for my batting whereas my previous MOTM was as a batsman for my bowling.

6 of my 10 innings in the T20 in my second season have been a result of hitting the ball onto the wickets!

I think there are issues with big wheel as the lines some of thing are not correct like in this a single is shown as crossing the boundary line and I have seen four which are not touching the rope in the wheel...

Yup, you see bunch of blue lines (boundaries) stopping way short of the circle/boundary and some yellow lines (2s/3s) going beyond the wheel.

Batting is definitely easier since the patch. To experiment, I decided to try and blast every ball in a First Class innings. Managed to score 60 at a strike rate of 166.

Users who are viewing this thread