How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Hi Bigant Studios,

Firstly thanks for the amazing game!

I'm a batting all-rounder who's essentially a tail-ender who bats at 5 now. I average 12 with the ball in first class and 9 with the bat. Although I have now scored my first 50! I have just been selected for county 4 day and p40 cricket which is cool. I've probably played 70hrs so I know the game pretty well now.

I thought I'd raise some issues here. Tell me if they should be somewhere else

• Runouts are infuriating (especially at the non-strikers end on 49!) haha. Casually walking into your crease when the runs essentially been completely and the balls about to hit the stumps is so annoying (apparenlty these have been patched)

Can't check the fatigue meter in career mode for some reason

Bowling is a little too easy, although I kind of like it this way now (I've turned assistance off and it feels so intuitive it's amazing! Well done)

Cant change your, or unlock new apparel it'd be nice to take your fielding glasses off when you bowl. Also be able to wear different clothes for different formats, I want to wear my broad brim in 4 dayers

Lastly this issue of checking the field when you're batting. I think a batting radar would ruin the simulation feel of the game. Instead I'd like a green arrow or something to appear on top of each fielder when you go into 1st person perspective. Then you wouldn't miss a fielder, and you'd still have to look where they were (no radar in real cricket)

I'm happy with the batting difficulty, I'm bad at batting for the same reason as in real life, I dont have the temperament for it. I'm bad the game's not haha

Anyway, thanks for the amazing game. Can't wait to try it out with the new patch.

To check fatigue press the right dpad button prior to the ball being bowled

Scored my highest score 11 ... :D
Now i have found the right way to bat :D
So now i have an aim to take my average above 50 from under 10 especially in first class games :D
I play as a bowling all rounder :D
Bowling average in first class in under 10 :D
And my batting position is 6th...

Going pretty strong in First Class matches. After 8 matches I average 42 with bat (3 hundreds, 1 fifty, top score 257) and took 53 wickets with five 5fers and best of 7 for 26. Lets see how long before i get drafted in test team ;)

Going pretty strong in First Class matches. After 8 matches I average 42 with bat (3 hundreds, 1 fifty, top score 257) and took 53 wickets with five 5fers and best of 7 for 26. Lets see how long before i get drafted in test team ;)

Wow great start :D
And whats ur first class bowling average? :)

Absolutely terrible. I must be the unluckiest all-rounder in the history of the game. The umpires hate me and give me out all the time and when they don't I end up lobbing balls to fielders who don't even have the courtesy to drop them. Add that to the fact my captain keeps taking me off to bowl the leaky pie merchant that is Tymal Mills or just to give TOM FRICKING WESTLEY, the part time trundlebum, an over and it adds up to...

Well, yeah. It's alright I guess.

restarted career post-patch to have the real names. decided to become a #3 batter as at #5 i was always coming in against spinners.

out for 2 first innings, but 2nd innings, despite facing a spinner very early i made 61 - far and away my highest career score, which was like 30 in the other save. only scored one run off the spinner but saw him out the attack :)

I love spinners. Score my majority of runs against them. ;)
Key is to identify your strong shots and select them based on ball and field. I mainly use flick, reverse sweep, advance hit towards off and straight, lofted shot towards mid off and mid on.
If there is no fielder at point, I play reverse sweep ad collect 2 easy runs. If there is no long off or it is little wider then I advance and play straight or on the off depending on the line of ball. If both mid on and mid off are in the circle, I just loft the ball staight. And if AI has kept fielders at all of these places then I just play flick till they make a fielding change .

----------

Absolutely terrible. I must be the unluckiest all-rounder in the history of the game. The umpires hate me and give me out all the time and when they don't I end up lobbing balls to fielders who don't even have the courtesy to drop them. Add that to the fact my captain keeps taking me off to bowl the leaky pie merchant that is Tymal Mills or just to give TOM FRICKING WESTLEY, the part time trundlebum, an over and it adds up to...

Well, yeah. It's alright I guess.

You are not alone. I'm a batting allrounder with a bowling record far better than any other bowler in the team this season in First Class and List A matches. I take the new ball in both forms but for some reason my captain hates me in T20. Out of 4 matches i played, he didnt bowl me in 2 matches and in other two matches he gave me 3 overs and one over respectively.

Just made it to helmet ranking 2!
Xfhd9zq.jpg

Still no where near selection anywhere, but finally making progress in the career.

And just to celebrate that achievement - first innings after that I have absolutely demolished NSW.

pqZMbID.jpg

Bet it still won't be enough for man of the match, so hopefully the second innings I can repeat it.

Edit: Indeed just to bring me back down from the success, they declared before I could bat, and then simulated until NSW were 7 down in the second innings before I was put on to bowl for the first time.

Edit again: So end of the match with just 6 wickets, with the AI getting 2 more between my first and second over, so I could only get the final one.

Last edited:
About to play my second match. Is it right that I don't really notice the spin at an early stage in my career?

Users who are viewing this thread