How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Just took a Hattrick in T20. Felt awesome. Specially the hattrick wicket was caught and bowled :yes

So 2 games in first class and pro 40, made 2,61,30,3 in first class and 12 and 20 in pro 40 plus in 2nd game got brought on to bowl my medium trundlers at the death with the oppo needing 54 from 53 balls 2 wickets in hand... Took the 2 for 14 in 3 overs to win the game.

Not sure why I got brought on but it was a great piece of captaincy obviously!!

I don't know why I don't field more often:
qMe5WHb.jpg

Can't check the fatigue meter in career mode for some reason

Fatigue and confidence meter in career mode with PS3 is the right direction button before the bowler starts to bowl. You can also use R3 to see the strengths and weakness of the bowler

8/10 times I am getting dismissed by either edging the ball to the stumps or caught at slips on forward defensive shots even though I think I am timing the ball perfectly. Is it because of wrong footwork selection this is happening to me? Its pretty hard to jugde the line the spinners are bowling let alone a fast bowler.

Had my second game and went in. Thought, right, we need 82 runs to win. Lets stay in an get them.

Lasted 2 balls.

Just got made captain of aus test team woot :-P
How many game years into the career were you when that happened? I'm towards the end of my 3rd year and next to Test cricket for me it says "Very Close" or "Expecting Selection" I can't remember which.

@BigAntStudios Just wondering how long contract lengths are for Aussie players (in career mode), playing in the English leagues? I'm playing for Nottinghamshire at the moment, hoping at some point to play for Yorkshire though.

Played three more career games.

First one we dominated with the bat first. 553/3 D.

Alastair Cook got 352*

Kent were out before they could match our total and we won by an innings. I didn't get to bat. Took a fair few wickets though.

Second match was a 40 over match. Lancashire? got around 210 but we won comfortably without me needing to bat again.

Finally, third match. Yorkshire struggled with the bat after we put up a strong total of around 380+. Bowled them out for around 320 in both innings. Didn't get to bat.

Three games. No batting, fair few wickets though.

I scored some runs. Finally got into the 20s in a First Class match (although ran out of partners because they all stupidly got themselves run out).

Then after two poor T20 games chasing when the team were already out of it I hit 43* off of 28 balls (top-scoring) and took 2-13 as we beat Surrey. Did I get MOM? Did I balls because Graeme Smith hit a century in a losing cause. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I say.

Seem to be getting slightly better with the bat though.

How many game years into the career were you when that happened? I'm towards the end of my 3rd year and next to Test cricket for me it says "Very Close" or "Expecting Selection" I can't remember which.

I'm just finishing up my 3rd year I'm 19atm, if you look at the leaderboards I'm the guy in 2nd place (kingknob)

This game seems to have more personalities than your average schizophrenic.....I have had some terrific matches in career mode. Just played a four day game against Lancashire as Kent...went write down to the last session with us needing three wickets and they needing 67. They played sensibly and waited for the bad ball....and got there in the end without losing any further wickets. I was actually happy for them! Tough AI. If I read some of the other stories it as if I have a different game...

----------

What I don't like is the captain bringing me on as a fast bowler just before the new ball, then taking the new ball and playing a spinner.....

helped my team (Melbourne Stars) to win the final with a quick fire 30 and 2 economical overs at the death.

Users who are viewing this thread