How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
My point was in the last sentence if you read my whole post. How have I tarnished my reputation or tenure? People post on this website saying batting in career is easy and how many tons they score etc. I'm just shedding light on the probability that these people do the same thing. Plus, I've already posted in many threads about the frustration of averaging 20ish and not earning 2 stat increases, then bowling for 16 overs and getting 25ish stat increases.
This way I bulk up my bat skills and have equal time batting and bowling in career and I'm actually getting the hang of timing and shot selection.
I'm not ashamed of it at all.

never got a ton, but got a first class 60 and 2 t20 50s, not had recourse to that at all... (closest i came to "cheating" was what i mentioned in the patch 2 fix thread, of gaming the field but that was testing a theory for a few games and i put it back to normal after - none of my 50s came from that)

there is literally no point in cheating because what sense of achievement do you get from that? and trying to justify it by claiming without evidence everyone else is doing it is beyond pathetic.

play carefully, understand the limitations of the shots you can play because of field and ability restrictions, and you will get rewards.

one of the "good" things about having a low (piss poor, in fact) average, is every time you get past that score, you feel pleasure in knowing that you'll have lifted the average a bit...

coming towards the end of the second season i average about 8 in FC and List A, and just under 16 in T20 (T20 average lifted by a 59*)... I am immensely proud of my T20 average because i went into the 2nd season of t20 in terrible form, went probably 10 innings in the other formats without getting into double figures, then got a 20 in an FC match, and 33 in List A... that was choker because the dismissal was one of those where the keeper bundles you out of the crease then stumps you... i was fuming, and started the T20 season with 2 low scores... then got a 20-odd, then the 59*, few scores in the teens, a 40, and a couple of 20s... felt amazing to be in "form". when the t20 season finished and i went back to FC and List A, my scores haven't been great but they're consistently better than before the T20.

i don't think i have ever felt more achievement in a game than the 59* because i batted for a long time, and though i didn't hit the winning runs i was there when we did, i helped take the team home in a run-chase and it was a wonderful feeling.

don't cheat... it's a game, what's the point? just play and enjoy the ride.

never got a ton, but got a first class 60 and 2 t20 50s, not had recourse to that at all... (closest i came to "cheating" was what i mentioned in the patch 2 fix thread, of gaming the field but that was testing a theory for a few games and i put it back to normal after - none of my 50s came from that)

there is literally no point in cheating because what sense of achievement do you get from that? and trying to justify it by claiming without evidence everyone else is doing it is beyond pathetic.

play carefully, understand the limitations of the shots you can play because of field and ability restrictions, and you will get rewards.

one of the "good" things about having a low (piss poor, in fact) average, is every time you get past that score, you feel pleasure in knowing that you'll have lifted the average a bit...

coming towards the end of the second season i average about 8 in FC and List A, and just under 16 in T20 (T20 average lifted by a 59*)... I am immensely proud of my T20 average because i went into the 2nd season of t20 in terrible form, went probably 10 innings in the other formats without getting into double figures, then got a 20 in an FC match, and 33 in List A... that was choker because the dismissal was one of those where the keeper bundles you out of the crease then stumps you... i was fuming, and started the T20 season with 2 low scores... then got a 20-odd, then the 59*, few scores in the teens, a 40, and a couple of 20s... felt amazing to be in "form". when the t20 season finished and i went back to FC and List A, my scores haven't been great but they're consistently better than before the T20.

i don't think i have ever felt more achievement in a game than the 59* because i batted for a long time, and though i didn't hit the winning runs i was there when we did, i helped take the team home in a run-chase and it was a wonderful feeling.

don't cheat... it's a game, what's the point? just play and enjoy the ride.

I dont think there are many like him who do this anyways. There is no point in doing all of that as even if you do get to a century, I dont think you would get any joy out of that. There is absolutely no sense in playing like the way he plays.....absolutely none!!

Lol....I am in the same boat. As soon as I reach the 40s I always always ALWAYS make a stupid mistake and get out.

Yesterday I was playing on 46 and thought Il defend a few deliveries. Played a front foot defensive shot to a fullish delivery, it hit the 'toe' of the bat and crashed onto offstump :(!! Its looked cool though how the ball might have stayed low to take the toe end of the bat on a front foot defensive shot....Its a dismissal thats never seen (or even imagined) in any cricket game before.

have reached 40 5 times, i think, and 3 of them I got to 50. getting out of the 20s is a real bugger for me, it's about then they usually have cut off most of my "go to" areas and i get sloppy...

worst thing killing my average in FC is exactly 1/3 of my FC innings are ducks. :(

have reached 40 5 times, i think, and 3 of them I got to 50. getting out of the 20s is a real bugger for me, it's about then they usually have cut off most of my "go to" areas and i get sloppy...

worst thing killing my average in FC is exactly 1/3 of my FC innings are ducks. :(

I just made 'one' fifty in my whole career as an allrounder. And that was in my debut innings lol. Now I have reached a stage where as soon as I get to 40 I start getting fidgety as I know whats about to come lol. I think I just need to get out of this once to break the jinx. I tried everything....trying to hit aggressive shots, being defensive, being conservative, trying to hit in the air.....it just doesnt work!

people are having problems with batting, but seriously, without cheating i can get to 20 vvvvvvv easily.but the problem is with bowling for me just cant the 5wis. day before i started a wk batsman career. got 2 in the first innings but a 95 in the second. the next match too, i got a 63 then 3 and then 41.
AND GUYS, I HAVE NOT CHEATED BY SAVING THE GAME AS SOME HAVE

@blockerdave @angad That's why we didn't rush in an "easy" career option immediately in patch#1 - The pressure of near milestones or career highs induce mistakes. The sense of achievement is great when you overcome the odds and get your 50's and 100's, we want to be careful not to kill that.

We need to make sure that *when* we make an easier career mode that it is kept well away from the "real" one so as to not diminish it.

I am upset that run-out and AI bugs are getting in the way of the experience but we will iron them out.

I just made 'one' fifty in my whole career as an allrounder. And that was in my debut innings lol. Now I have reached a stage where as soon as I get to 40 I start getting fidgety as I know whats about to come lol. I think I just need to get out of this once to break the jinx. I tried everything....trying to hit aggressive shots, being defensive, being conservative, trying to hit in the air.....it just doesnt work!

yep, my only FC 50 and highest score in any format was 61 in the 2nd innings of the first match... gutted i haven't passed it yet or even got another FC 50 - i think my next highest FC score is 30-something.

i noticed the mental block in this game is huge... i had a period where i couldn't score or even survive against spin... be out in the first few balls i faced to spin. became a real issue because i was "out" in my head as soon as i saw i was facing a spinner. played non-career for a few days to get used to facing spinners not feeling "pressure"... had a few terrible collapses to spinners but slowly got the hang of it.

still prefer to face a pace bowler but i can at least handle the spinners now and the "mental" hangup is gone.

Yep, Ross if you make a easier career mode, please make it a different option from the 'real' career. I really enjoy it when I slowly and steadily, fighting for every run get to 50 or any other milestone.

@Ross

Keep up the Good work , keep the tweaks small , and eventually this will be the world beater game that you wanted it to be .

It excites all of us immensely that this already awesome game , is still being refined and fine tuned to the point of near perfection.

As long as everyone knows that you guys will have our backs with patches every few months , I believe everyone will continue to "hang on " in there and continue onwards with this game.

@blockerdave @angad That's why we didn't rush in an "easy" career option immediately in patch#1 - The pressure of near milestones or career highs induce mistakes. The sense of achievement is great when you overcome the odds and get your 50's and 100's, we want to be careful not to kill that.

We need to make sure that *when* we make an easier career mode that it is kept well away from the "real" one so as to not diminish it.

I am upset that run-out and AI bugs are getting in the way of the experience but we will iron them out.

for me, run-outs haven't really been a major issue, even pre-patch i got a few "quick singles"... the biggest run-out bug for me is the yes/no bug where the guy saunters back if you cancel... ran "my" player out like that yesterday and nearly broke the TV... fix that and the AI field settings and I will be more than happy.

as i mentioned above, i have noticed the mental aspect, it's real and it's huge and i love it. (new sig for @ethybubs and @NoLeName)

i love the struggle... of course it's slightly unrealistic that i have an 8 average and still getting picked but how can i improve if i get dropped? here my lovely flat cap and old timey glasses help, i just imagine it's the 1920s and i'm an amateur and i play to keep the oiks in their place. helps immensely.

I'm still gonna hit you with a stick if I ever see you this game torments me to my very core, also angad I had that happen on a Saturday to me to a left arm spinner which he dropped a half tracker to me first ball while I was on 33 I thought I'd be nice and rock back to block him well I got a toe end on the ball onto my stumps, I was his only wicket that day, I'm now wondering which is more frustrating this game or that dismissal?

it's real and it's huge and i love it.

I have a place where I keep these things.

i just imagine it's the 1920s and i'm an amateur and i play to keep the oiks in their place. helps immensely.

I imagine I'm a professional and if I don't perform my children will die of starvation, that seems to keep me concentrated.

I imagine I'm a professional and if I don't perform my children will die of starvation, that seems to keep me concentrated.

New gothic cut scenes required.

Anyone playing with filters on btw?

Omg 38given out lbw (me throwing shit) wait on I review ha inside edge (me dancing 80s style)

----------

50 not out hehe

----------

Out for 78 :'(

Users who are viewing this thread