How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Serious question to the guys playing bowling/all rounder careers - is it fun? Like even my medium pace trundlers when they get called on (i am playing a batsman career) take wickets and keep runs down - i have a List A bowling average of something like 5, strike rate of 10 economy rate less than 3. T20 average of 7, strike rate 12 economy less than 5. (pro-level).

I would get bored of keep picking up easy wickets.

I am playing bowling career on legendary - tough to take wickets - most are caught in outfield so no real sense of achievement
Batting average is 3 playing at this level

Once I became captain of the teams I played for I never bowled again but I liked bowling at the start once I mastered pro I was taking loads of wickets then I found playing for Aussie much harder to take wickets and to score runs twice as hard as state

Is there any mark when difficulty goes up from Pro to Next level, or is it just merely you feel its harder? i.e. at certain xp point does the level go up>?

Just scored my first ton in career mode. I can't describe this feeling in words.
This was my first game playing for Yorkshire, I originally play for NSW.
dvkpw2.jpg

----------

Btw has anyone scored 200 yet in 50 over format?

Just scored my first ton in career mode. I can't describe this feeling in words.
This was my first game playing for Yorkshire, I originally play for NSW.
dvkpw2.jpg

----------

Btw has anyone scored 200 yet in 50 over format?

Just make sure you get into the Bangladesh team and help them out! I have seen them on one simulation get battered by an innings and 578 runs by SA lol.

You sure would love bowling the oppsition out for cheap maybe for first couple of matches but after that it gets really really boring picking 10 wickets per match. I've deleted my batting alrounder career save file and started the career all over again purely as a batsman for this same reason.

Highly unrealistic and it bore me to death.

Well I do not agree. Either you are too strong in bowling or you are from other planet :p. I am having fun bowling and I am so sure its not boring. Have not yet picked up a 5 wicket hall in FC and being a 16 year old I am sure its tough out to bowl to Matt Prior Ian Bell and all

Tired of bowling teams out cheaply and getting frustrated with th seemingly random batting picking the correct footwork, shot selection and timing seems to mean very little was hoping this game would tick me over until the big ps4 releases later this year unfortunately ive been dissapointed

Finally got to my first 50 with my 7th career player (so it feels, first and only since the patch though). Batting right handed wrist spinner, was seriously considering throwing in his towel as spin bowling was doing my head in, but then I worked out my timing properly using the match practice with bowling indicator and started doing a hell of a lot better and found the fun in just getting it in the best spot every time (still getting punished when I go loose).

My 50 came in a 50 over match, from about 56 balls, 1 six (just on side had fielders in close, figured I'd go for it, my only agressive shot for the innings), 1 four through a gap, the rest just pushed around for singles and the occasional double. got a couple of my team mates run out cheaply when I pushed for a single to early when the infielder took it.. couldn't cancel in time. Got out on 50 trying to push a drive too close to an infielder and aired it.. only playing the deep gaps is what got me to 50.. didn't follow that mindset for that shot.. :facepalm

Made my first MOTM as well with some good, tight bowling. Batting is really quite perfect considering my skill level, however (as mentioned in a different thread) need to practice in loosing the pre-meditation mindset, finding more gaps for every shot and picking the best one in the split second time I have to react. Still can't do very well against spinners.

Had a great match few moments back in my career mode, it was a four days match. Got dismissed for 9 runs in first innings & went wicket-less(0/18 from 7 overs) with both our teams scoring around 150 runs only overall.

It was 3/11 when I was sent to the crease and I ended up with some good partnerships for 4th and 5th wicket that took us to a decent lead. I got dismissed for 60+ runs and took 4 wickets in last innings with victory margin of around 100 runs. This fetched me the MOTM though I wasn't the highest run scorer of second innings!:D

Another few 50s but still getting out soon after I don't know how people are getting 170 of 70 balls my odi Sr is 90

I started again as an opening batsman on thursday for the Vics with the patch updated

This is my current stats:

122658d1398140914-how-you-doing-your-career-dbc14-stats.png

Attachments

• DBC14 stats.png
    DBC14 stats.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 118
Just wondering when you make it to England or the national team and
Don't perform can you get drop?
I play for the bushrangers

My PSN is whiskas981 i believe, I will double check tonight for ya, I have never played an online game yet, but I might as well try one soon....

I will double check my PSN tonight for ya

----------

Im pretty happy with 850 FC runs in my 1st season, just need to start hitting a few 100's

I am getting attention for the P40 one dayers in england, Im clearly a better one day batsman then first class

Mine is kingknob if that's easier, since we are doing the same thing I wouldn't mind a buddy to compare with

@madman981 - any reason for only 2 List A games in 2nd season? Injury?

----------

Batting is really quite perfect considering my skill level, however (as mentioned in a different thread) need to practice in loosing the pre-meditation mindset, finding more gaps for every shot and picking the best one in the split second time I have to react. Still can't do very well against spinners.

this is me exactly... how many times i've got out because of pre-meditation, and i won't bloody learn... getting clean-bowled trying to square-cut a yorker is simply embarrassing.

Users who are viewing this thread