How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Please tell me you are kidding me, Danny Briggs just got man of the match over me for match figures of 54-7 compared to mine of 12-7... Mine even came from one innings and then I didn't bowl in the second.

It's so hard to get MOTM its ridiculous. It also tends to favor how many runs you got, so if you are on the score sheet you automatically have a better chance of getting MOTM

Serious question to the guys playing bowling/all rounder careers - is it fun? Like even my medium pace trundlers when they get called on (i am playing a batsman career) take wickets and keep runs down - i have a List A bowling average of something like 5, strike rate of 10 economy rate less than 3. T20 average of 7, strike rate 12 economy less than 5. (pro-level).

I would get bored of keep picking up easy wickets.

----------

It comes, i promise you. Think it's after round 9 or 10 of county cup. i am in my second season with gloucestershire, so i promise the t20 is there :)

I play as a bowling all rounder coming 8th in the order. Sure it becomes tiring as you have long spells of bowling in FC matches but when you start picking wickets and bowl the oppositions from 90/1 to 118 all out you sure love it :D

It's so hard to get MOTM its ridiculous. It also tends to favor how many runs you got, so if you are on the score sheet you automatically have a better chance of getting MOTM

This was Danny Briggs though! He had like 1 or 2 more runs than me!

This was Danny Briggs though! He had like 1 or 2 more runs than me!

I know, the logic behind MOTM puzzles me, so I dont even aim for a MOTM or pay attention to it. I think the only way to get MOTM as a bowler is probably get 10 wickets for none in both innnings lol

OK lol I took 9 for 6 and 5 for 1 inc a hat trick (my 2nd) and still didnt get MOTM as bell scored 126 (no 2nd innings as the follow on was enforced. (warwickshire)
I have had a few before but usually in a pro 40. But I have only had 1 in county. Maybe I need my team to be bowled out cheaply for me to get it.

Serious question to the guys playing bowling/all rounder careers - is it fun? Like even my medium pace trundlers when they get called on (i am playing a batsman career) take wickets and keep runs down - i have a List A bowling average of something like 5, strike rate of 10 economy rate less than 3. T20 average of 7, strike rate 12 economy less than 5. (pro-level).

Im loving it and as much as I hate super human fielding when batting its great in bowling mode but my players still drop 1 in every 3 so its kinda realistic , anything low and hard is dropped but you can still get outrageous diving catches that even jonty and colly could never do. I finally held on to a C&B 1st time in 10 attempts (im auto fielding so I dunno if i still control the catching there it comes way too fast and theres nothing telling you its a chance until the commentator says its been dropped.)
But some games you get nothing. I switch between seam and inswing (left arm bowler as I fancied being like an English wasim akram :)
If you dont want easy wickets then you can just do without mid on/off/deep mid on/off.

How many years into career are you to get something maxed? Wow!

Lol blocker I finished my 3rd year and had leg break, googly and top spin maxed out and drift half way it's not hard as a bowler I had over 900 wickets as a career bowler

----------

Could just be himself and distractions. For example I bowled my worst spell ever in a OD game when I was eating pizza, I'm definitely blaming that pizza for just missing out on the Aussie OD league if I don't quite make it now :facepalm.

There was several times where batting for Aussie I was on the 30s and my wife turns a new movie on and I get clean bowled or lbw sigh

Lol blocker I finished my 3rd year and had leg break, googly and top spin maxed out and drift half way it's not hard as a bowler I had over 900 wickets as a career bowler

That's why i abandoned my allrounder career and set up as a batsman. You earn your points there! I don't see the point in playing a bowling career until they fix batting AI.

I've got four first class matches left to finish the second year, still not got a second 50 to go with the one i got in the second innings of my first game... Got a couple of T20 50s though. Batting is ball-achingly frustrating, even heart breaking at times when you get out making a stupid mistake you've promised yourself you won't make again (ten times already)... But i love it because when you do play a decent innings, there's a real sense of acheivement.

Though a career batsman, i do Occasionally get called on to bowl and i hate it... Just picking up cheap wickets. I bowl no plan, just full and switch randomly between in swing, out swing, or slower ball, very occasionally a cutter. Have won a few limited over games thanks to my bowling because i just pick up wickets while keeping the runs down, and the thing is - i'm not even trying.

Yes it does. I have stopped playing my bowling all-rounder save now because of the patch and the fact that I was bored out of my brains, but in the occasional innings where it was actually hard to take wickets it was enjoyable. You had to build the pressure up with consistent line and length and you actually felt like you earned every wicket. At the moment you bowl a shitty ball down the legside and they'll reverse sweep it straight to point :facepalm

Yes it does. I have stopped playing my bowling all-rounder save now because of the patch and the fact that I was bored out of my brains, but in the occasional innings where it was actually hard to take wickets it was enjoyable. You had to build the pressure up with consistent line and length and you actually felt like you earned every wicket. At the moment you bowl a shitty ball down the legside and they'll reverse sweep it straight to point :facepalm

Exactly, see above :)

But man, getting my 59* and seeing a run chase home in a t20, i was so bloody excited.

At the same time, i defended 8 off the last over of a pro40, and that was boring because i knew all along i'd do it as i have never conceded 8 runs off an over.

That's why i abandoned my allrounder career and set up as a batsman. You earn your points there! I don't see the point in playing a bowling career until they fix batting AI.

I've got four first class matches left to finish the second year, still not got a second 50 to go with the one i got in the second innings of my first game... Got a couple of T20 50s though. Batting is ball-achingly frustrating, even heart breaking at times when you get out making a stupid mistake you've promised yourself you won't make again (ten times already)... But i love it because when you do play a decent innings, there's a real sense of acheivement.

Though a career batsman, i do Occasionally get called on to bowl and i hate it... Just picking up cheap wickets. I bowl no plan, just full and switch randomly between in swing, out swing, or slower ball, very occasionally a cutter. Have won a few limited over games thanks to my bowling because i just pick up wickets while keeping the runs down, and the thing is - i'm not even trying.
I opened the batting all last season for the papakura reserve grade team in Auckland which was fun I top scored with 81 for the season but it was hard opening with how green the tracks were. Fortunately for me I'm a pace bowler around 120s I got clocked at 128ks a few years ago this season I got 22wickets at an average of 16. so I can understand being an allrounder myself that no matter how many 5fors you get you get ever beat putting runs on the boards ain't no other feeling like it

I've had 4 careers both before and after the patch. On all three bowling careers I've eased to wickets. My most recent one, as a fast medium bowler, left me with 8-3 in my second match, and I took 5 wickets every innings. I didn't earn many, I just bowled it at the stumps and they slogged and missed (not being beaten by swing) way too often. It just got boring, even though I like the mechanics.

I've got furthest in my fourth career, a number 3 batsman for Somerset. I've nearly finished season 1 and I haven't been called up to bowl. Two fifties and plenty of twenties and thirties (ironically I kept getting 15 ball fifties in my bowling career). I feel as if I have to earn my runs, unlike my wickets. And the fact that the AI always have a fine leg for me after I tore several bowlers apart with scoops is a nice touch. Despite the overall iffy fields, I like the way the AI adapts to your innings and career.

Exactly, see above :)

But man, getting my 59* and seeing a run chase home in a t20, i was so bloody excited.

At the same time, i defended 8 off the last over of a pro40, and that was boring because i knew all along i'd do it as i have never conceded 8 runs off an over.

But as the career progresses difficulty increases.. So it will be hard to bowl then...

So your game suffers a lot then? ;) I'm single and have no excuse.
I started a career again as a bowler as I cant bat for....toffee. Doing OK as a fast bowler though. Finding it a lot of fun. For some reason I always prefer bowling in cricket games. Would love to see more (any!) slip catches however.

I wish:noway:lol

Once I became captain of the teams I played for I never bowled again but I liked bowling at the start once I mastered pro I was taking loads of wickets then I found playing for Aussie much harder to take wickets and to score runs twice as hard as state

I play as a bowling all rounder coming 8th in the order. Sure it becomes tiring as you have long spells of bowling in FC matches but when you start picking wickets and bowl the oppositions from 90/1 to 118 all out you sure love it :D

You sure would love bowling the oppsition out for cheap maybe for first couple of matches but after that it gets really really boring picking 10 wickets per match. I've deleted my batting alrounder career save file and started the career all over again purely as a batsman for this same reason.

Highly unrealistic and it bore me to death.

Users who are viewing this thread