How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Dude, same thing happened to me today and I cant express how much in depression I am...just when I was getting very good and was supposed to be called on for Country duty (Very close in T20 and getting attention in ODI) I lost everything :((

Cud u somehow recover it or something? Plz lemme know...I can definitely go thru the gruelling process again and wud love to...but I got really attached to myself almost selected for my country :(

Trust me i know exactly how you feel.... I emailed my saved file to @hbk he got back to me saying its a corrupt file and cant be fixed.... I had no option but to start my carrier again..... not playing that much now.

Just scored my first 200 in only my 6th match. Am on 201* Off 182 balls. In a partnership over 250 runs with chanderpaul playing for derbyshire

Last edited:
Just scored my first 200 in only my 6th match. Am on 201* Off 182 balls. In a partnership over 250 runs with chanderpaul playing for derbyshire

What difficulty are you playing on? If not Legend, I think you need to up it.

On that point, anyone finished a year on legend difficulty in career? I got close prior to the first patch being released but have restarted a dozen times since then.

Was a bowler in the my first career and won all trophies, then played Pakistan in first test and got really annoyed with the game

Slogging in a test WTF seriously, just lost some respect for the game
Deleted and started over as an opener, now that is more diff and you dont have to worry about the CRAP AI Captaincy, the stupidity (which i hope they will fix soon)

The biggest gripe i have is when you hit back to bowler, u in your crease, he turns around to go back to bowling start, turns around and then just runs you out

Just AWEFCKINSOME

First Game batting i made 40 in first inning
2nd innings i made 70

not a bad start, struggling to play as right handed batsman and i am right handed, finding it easier as a lefty

On that point, anyone finished a year on legend difficulty in career? I got close prior to the first patch being released but have restarted a dozen times since then.

I've played just over a season on legend mode as a no 4 batsman. I find batting relatively straightforward, not too challenging but not too easy. That being said I generally get out after I start to feel settled, and average under 10 in all formats with only one score above 50

Looks like your career is going good Blocker.

it's picking up in t20, certainly. the 75* was particularly pleasing, because of the pace - i started off very quickly, then slowed down and let my AI partner who was already in take over the big hits and i was pushing singles as they moved the field and closed my gaps, then once it became clear the game was won and it was all about making sure we won quickly enough to get our NRR up so we'd qualify for the finals (we only needed a 0.08 swing so it was relatively straightforward) i picked up the pace again and got from from 40 to 75 in no time. first time in a long time i've got comfortably past that bit where my "go to" gaps are closed, the easy 4's are gone and i have to push singles, be patient and wait for the "right" ball to smash. i am really hoping i can take that approach back into 4 day with me, because my current 4 day problem is precisely that - i've raced to 20-odd, they've changed the field, i don't stay patient and get out. if i get over that i'll be getting somewhere.

that being said i'm only playing on pro :)

------------------------

only annoying thing was in that game, my partner got 80* from 44 balls, i got 75* from 48, plus i got 2-10 in 3 and a bit overs (plus 2 run outs off my bowling)... he got MOTM! in the previous game i got 38 and 3 wickets (a hat trick, admittedly) and got MOTM even though another guy hit 60.

Last edited:
Started as a batting allrounder for Essex and by the end of the County cup, I was "expecting selection" for Victoria in the Sheffield Shield due to my 124 wickets, but at the same time I made barely 200 runs and averaged just over 8. In ODs my batting got better and I hit a 73 in one of the games before I got too cocky and lost my wicket. Sad thing is at that point when I hit 73 that took my total runs to 77 (in 8 games _sigh)

However, now I'm batting better, make 20-30 every game but I can't face spin. I do fine against pacers, then they put a spinner on and I'm gone in less than an over. Getting real frustrating... I go on the front foot and edge it to the keeper, go on the backfoot and either edge or just miss completely and hits the stumps. I advance and goes off my body to hit the stumps.

And I swear its just my player because just today I hit Saeed Ajmal for six with Varun Aaron on the first ball he faced. Help me out someone!

it's picking up in t20, certainly. the 75* was particularly pleasing, because of the pace - i started off very quickly, then slowed down and let my AI partner who was already in take over the big hits and i was pushing singles as they moved the field and closed my gaps, then once it became clear the game was won and it was all about making sure we won quickly enough to get our NRR up so we'd qualify for the finals (we only needed a 0.08 swing so it was relatively straightforward) i picked up the pace again and got from from 40 to 75 in no time. first time in a long time i've got comfortably past that bit where my "go to" gaps are closed, the easy 4's are gone and i have to push singles, be patient and wait for the "right" ball to smash. i am really hoping i can take that approach back into 4 day with me, because my current 4 day problem is precisely that - i've raced to 20-odd, they've changed the field, i don't stay patient and get out. if i get over that i'll be getting somewhere.

------------------------

only annoying thing was in that game, my partner got 80* from 44 balls, i got 75* from 48, plus i got 2-10 in 3 and a bit overs (plus 2 run outs off my bowling)... he got MOTM! in the previous game i got 38 and 3 wickets (a hat trick, admittedly) and got MOTM even though another guy hit 60.

We seem to have to same problem. However in my T20 game when I got my runs after the first over the opposition changed the field to the very common 3 slips and a gully field so then I could choose where I wanted to hit it. However before that happened I was just batting on off stump and smacking it over fine leg. Can you consistently hit in one spot no matter what ball it is or did you play all around the wicket?

------------------------

Hey blocker I wouldn't mind catching up and comparing a few stats are you on ps3

Started as a batting allrounder for Essex and by the end of the County cup, I was "expecting selection" for Victoria in the Sheffield Shield due to my 124 wickets, but at the same time I made barely 200 runs and averaged just over 8. In ODs my batting got better and I hit a 73 in one of the games before I got too cocky and lost my wicket. Sad thing is at that point when I hit 73 that took my total runs to 77 (in 8 games _sigh)

However, now I'm batting better, make 20-30 every game but I can't face spin. I do fine against pacers, then they put a spinner on and I'm gone in less than an over. Getting real frustrating... I go on the front foot and edge it to the keeper, go on the backfoot and either edge or just miss completely and hits the stumps. I advance and goes off my body to hit the stumps.

And I swear its just my player because just today I hit Saeed Ajmal for six with Varun Aaron on the first ball he faced. Help me out someone!
Play it late. If you struggle against spinners it's because you're playing to early.

We seem to have to same problem. However in my T20 game when I got my runs after the first over the opposition changed the field to the very common 3 slips and a gully field so then I could choose where I wanted to hit it. However before that happened I was just batting on off stump and smacking it over fine leg. Can you consistently hit in one spot no matter what ball it is or did you play all around the wicket?

typically i start facing no mid-on, so i smack the ball through there... then they will put in a mid-on or more likely long-on/wide-on but thankfully move extra cover to cover. my off drives naturally go through extra cover so i start smacking fours there.

problems usually arrive when they put in a mid-off and mid-on... i prefer long-off/long-on because it gives me "free" singles.

yesterday i also had a gully but no point/third man for a while, so that was good, especially against the spinner it made reverse sweep almost risk free. then they took out fine leg for a while too.

i ended up with a graph looking all round the wicket, but it was more like 0-16 all through mid-on, 16-30 all through extra-cover... 30-38... singles to those two places... 38-50 square on the off-side or fine leg. 50-74 more everywhere because i'd got my 50 and was hitting out to finish the game quickly. 74-75 magical dilscoop to tie the scores :)

----------

happened to me too... went through a period i didn't score a run against a spinner, and was lucky to last 3 balls facing them.

2 pieces of advice

1: play a couple of casual games against teams with spinners. less pressure and you'll be using a better batsman... just feels easier. give it a go.
2: play super late. if they leave a gap between backward point and extra cover, make the reverse sweep your go to shot except against full (yellow) balls. if it's too much the leg to play the reverse sweep, the leg glance is your shot, played even later.

----------

Hey blocker I wouldn't mind catching up and comparing a few stats are you on ps3

nah i'm on xbox... will be posting my end of season stats shortly but if you want to see something in particular let me know.

I'm only scoring runs at first class level not list a level

Just accepted a contract to play for Hyderabad in the IPL in my first year. Pretty busy year playing 2 fc leagues 2 list a leagues and 2 t20 leagues prior to the ipl

currently guaranteed spots in ais odi and test teams and almost in the t20i team (good chance)

Last edited:
Just accepted a contract to play for Hyderabad in the IPL in my first year. Pretty busy year playing 2 fc leagues 2 list a leagues and 2 t20 leagues prior to the ipl

currently guaranteed spots in ais odi and test teams and almost in the t20i team (good chance)

wow !!

I'm glad I'm getting better at caught and bowled chances - because when I leave it up to the rest of the team I get this...

iL1r2vW.jpg

8v9xgiY.jpg

Filled the bar on my Straight Seam stat, I noticed that now even if I take a wicket using a Seam ball, I get the bonus points on another stat, which is good. Is anyone else as a fast bowler struggling to fill up their Slower Ball skill?

I hope this means that when you fill up onside bar for batting it will start giving those points to the other sections. I am finding it hard to get any skill points in the offside category. The bar for onside is about 70% full and offside less than 20% and I am in my 3rd year.

As soon as I start playing offside I get 1 or 2 shots and then an edge or mistime.

Batting is becoming slightly easier due to me being able to time the ball better. I can at least get out a few shots now. I have tried playing defensively but I get out for low scores so I play aggressively.

Users who are viewing this thread