How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
currently putting WA to the sword in a 50 over game batting for NSW...

NSW 3/351 of 44 overs

Im on 150* off 91, Kurtis Patterson is 78* off of 56

Just got rolled in the IPL by Dehli (who are bottom) for a total of 65...:(
needless to say we lost that game pretty quick. Our NRR took a hit but we (Hyderabad) are still 2nd on the ladder halfway into the league..

Edit: This made me feel better about losing to Dehli though... Brad Haddin was the unfortunate victim.

E66K7Ol.jpg

Last edited:
i made it to australian team as a bowler not doing great because of the bowling assitance being not there.. 12 matches 17 wickets.. odi 11match 11 wickets.. t20 8matches 16wickets

Scored my 3rd Century Yesterday, in First Class Cricket. 139 (203 balls) to be exact. Could've go on to score a lot more, but the top and lower order Bats from my team decided to have brain farts as always. I got so far thanks to a 100+ partnership for the 9th Wicket.

Career Stats

F/C:

Innings: 56

Not Out: 0

Runs Scored: 1744

Top Score: 139

Average: 31.14

Strike Rate: 68.44

Hundreds: 3

Fifties: 5

List A

Innings: 23

Not Out: 3

Runs Scored: 1028

Top Score: 122*

Average: 51.40

Strike Rate: 88.16

Hundreds: 1

Fifties: 9

Last edited:
i made it to australian team as a bowler not doing great because of the bowling assitance being not there.. 12 matches 17 wickets.. odi 11match 11 wickets.. t20 8matches 16wickets

I made my debut in Indian test team as bowling allrounder. Needless to say my bowling was pathetic in the first innings giving away 63 runs of 16 overs without a wicket and most of the runs came from No balls :facepalm. Then somewhat I scored 23 runs. Then came to second inning for bowling and got two wickets for 17. the worst part is I am a number 7 batsmen and I replaced Dhoni in the line up. Rohit Sharma is wicket keeper & Ashwin is the captain of the team. :noway

Last edited:
One thing I find very frustrating about career mode is not getting to bowl. I'm a pure bowler, leading wicket taker in both the CC and Pro40 and yet I regularly only get 5 overs in Pro40, 2 overs in T20 or half as many as my teammates in CC.

One thing I find very frustrating about career mode is not getting to bowl. I'm a pure bowler, leading wicket taker in both the CC and Pro40 and yet I regularly only get 5 overs in Pro40, 2 overs in T20 or half as many as my teammates in CC.

have you just started out?

I found that for the first half of the season I'd sometimes be forgotten about until the 50th over, or given short spells or left out entirely. As it's gone on though I'm made to bowl mammoth spells and brought into the attack early. same thing happened when I went to australia, I was shunted down to a bit part for the first few games but gradually I'm getting expected to take on the majority of the bowling.

it still happens from time to time, but less frequently. annoyingly it seems more likely to happen if I've taken a huge 1st innins haul in FC matches. I'd also prefer to be used in spells in the limited over stuff as often I'm brought in at the 6th over and expected to just bowl my 10 which is cutting down the chances I have at 5 wicket hauls as I have to run through the top order in the first 20 overs.

About 10 games into my first season (starting second in my batter career). No idea how the rest of you have played several seasons. Being a bowler takes ages.

because I gave up on batting pretty much instantly, I managed my first batting season in half an hour because it was just me simming until I got out.

you'll definitely be bowled more later in the season if you keep going well.

t20 bat - 21 matches, 21 inns, 1 not out, 311 @ 15.55, 2 fifties, HS 59*, SR 144.65
t20 bowl - 6 @ 10.83, econ 4.58, SR 14.16

quoting my end of 2nd season stats for t20 for comparison as i've just finished 3rd season of t20, reaching 1st round of finals. now:

t20 bat - 32 matches, 32 inns, 2 Not Outs, 644 @ 21.47, 5 fifties, HS 75*, SR 156.69
t20 bowl - 14 @ 6.35, econ 4.10, SR 9.28

all the 3's for my 3rd season: 333 runs at 33.3 with 3 50s. also got a hat-trick.

all numbers going in the right direction! more runs in 3rd season than first 2 put together plus more 50s. very happy.

now good chance of aus t20, getting attention aus 50 over and IPL.

really hoping to take this forward into the remainder of the FC and pro40 games.

quoting my end of 2nd season stats for t20 for comparison as i've just finished 3rd season of t20, reaching 1st round of finals. now:

t20 bat - 32 matches, 32 inns, 2 Not Outs, 644 @ 21.47, 5 fifties, HS 75*, SR 156.69
t20 bowl - 14 @ 6.35, econ 4.10, SR 9.28

all the 3's for my 3rd season: 333 runs at 33.3 with 3 50s. also got a hat-trick.

all numbers going in the right direction! more runs in 3rd season than first 2 put together plus more 50s. very happy.

now good chance of aus t20, getting attention aus 50 over and IPL.

really hoping to take this forward into the remainder of the FC and pro40 games.
Hey blocker, my stats are similar to yours I believe I'm on my 4th year on vet career I see these guys scoring tons all on here I think can't see what I'm doing wrong I have scored 1 ton I average 21 in Fc 26 in one daters and 29 in t20 I'm expecting selection in the t20 and 50 over sides of counties other then that nothing much else is happening, I don't think I have used any of the triggers to bat I only use the two joy sticks to bat and my strike rate is 100 apart from t20 where it is 122, anyways that's abit about my game

Hey blocker, my stats are similar to yours I believe I'm on my 4th year on vet career I see these guys scoring tons all on here I think can't see what I'm doing wrong I have scored 1 ton I average 21 in Fc 26 in one daters and 29 in t20 I'm expecting selection in the t20 and 50 over sides of counties other then that nothing much else is happening, I don't think I have used any of the triggers to bat I only use the two joy sticks to bat and my strike rate is 100 apart from t20 where it is 122, anyways that's abit about my game

i'm only on pro :)

i finished the t20 seasons with back to back 50s, first time i've ever achieved that.

my FC and List A stats are much much worse than my t20

In a list A game, Took my team from 88-6 to a safe score of 252-9. I got out in the last over, scoring 112 of 120 odd balls but when won that match comfortably by 53 Runs anywho. I also took 2 wickets in the death overs and got the MOTM award as a reasult.

Then later on FC match, I had to take rearguard action once again as wicket kept falling. Scored 66 (111) at the end. Yet to start 2nd Innings.

again just missed out on my first list A 50... put for 47 :( new highest score in list a though.

"very close" to aus 50 over.

can anyone tell me - is very close better than good chance?

Users who are viewing this thread