How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Finding now my offie is improving rpm 1600-1700 most of my "good" deliveries now go over the top of the stumps, hence why my lbw calls are always for nothing.

Not sure what that's all about.

I've found that on some pitches my good length stock delivery will bounce over, and on others hit halfway up, I don't know if its anything to do with my skills improving though. Also my bowler will seem to bowl fuller than I've selected but I put that down to conditions and possibly fatigue. What are you thoughts on this?

For your deliveries not to go above the stumps, you need to find which length to mix with which type of delivery...

For Top Spin, Arm Ball, Drift and Flight,,,I bowl them fuller and/or shorter, that way I target the stumps, but if I bowl these with good length, I never get them low enough...

I'm getting around 1200 rpm,,,I now can see the drift :yes

Assumed by pressing x button and right stick to what delivery I want meant I was bowling a good length, which surely means stumps come In to play no?

Didn't realise I needed to press triangle (full delivery) to bring stumps into play, surely a spinner throwing up full deliveries is asking to be belted around.

If its bouncing above the stumps off a good length pull a leg gully in and a bat pad, I've had a few catches that way which are real WOW moments for me, personally I think there should be more thicker edges but when they happen its great to see, also bowl a slider an over when its bouncing a lot!!!

you're right lee, but it depends on the pitch, you need to use the timing bar to release the ball early to make the delivery fuller if there's a lot of bounce, or you can use the full Y delivery and drag the ball down hitting the timing meter later to make the delivery shorter.

if it's not bouncing much you can hit the stumps with even a short delivery.

also, drift, flight and arm balls keep lower so if you want to surprise a batsman and go for the LBW or bowled you could use one of them rather than the leg-break/googly/off-break/doosra buttons.

Assumed by pressing x button and right stick to what delivery I want meant I was bowling a good length, which surely means stumps come In to play no?

Didn't realise I needed to press triangle (full delivery) to bring stumps into play, surely a spinner throwing up full deliveries is asking to be belted around.

I hold there LAS to the direction I intend bowling,,,rotate the RAS and stop(hold) at the direction I chose

Throw the ball there, see where the batsman plays his shots,,,then make a field(catching) in accordance, use that field and bowl to it...

That's what I do, if they don't hit,,,they are bowled or lbw, that's why my bowling figures are good and get me those contracts, when I would have liked to get them based on my batting

you're right lee, but it depends on the pitch, you need to use the timing bar to release the ball early to make the delivery fuller if there's a lot of bounce, or you can use the full Y delivery and drag the ball down hitting the timing meter later to make the delivery shorter.

if it's not bouncing much you can hit the stumps with even a short delivery.

also, drift, flight and arm balls keep lower so if you want to surprise a batsman and go for the LBW or bowled you could use one of them rather than the leg-break/googly/off-break/doosra buttons.

Was about to ask this, didn't know if when you push the right stick on the timing to say full/good/short actually made any difference.

Good to hear that it actually does and that the pitch does have an affect also, so many times before the pitch condition meant nothing.

I'm only asking as now my spinner is giving it a "real tweak" I'm causing loads of problems with my standard off break but like I say it's just they are going over the top now which before hardly ever happened

Love the spin bowling on this game.

Fast bowling not so much. :facepalm

Choker!!! Missed out on my first FC (or indeed any career) 100 caught behind for 93 :(

Ha! Man that sucks.

My first was caught on the boundary on 97 off 35 - it's painful to watch! I've made two centuries since but have never come close to matching that brilliance.

At last!!!

Got the monkey off my back and got my first career 100... doubly satisfying as it played a big part in a run chase, got me MOTM and made up for being out for 49 in the first inns! Slightly disappointed I didn't stay to the end and get a NO, but not quibbling.

attachment.php

Interesting fact, when I hit the four to go to 98 it brought up the 100 partnership with Chris Dent the opener, who was obviously in when I came to wicket...yes, in our partnership (then) of 102 I had scored 98. I am pretty sure at least 1 of the other runs was a no ball.

AI helped me, it has to be said. They were alternating 2 boundary-riders between 3 areas - wide/long on, wide/long off, deep cover/point... so if they had long off/on, i'd wait for a ball to cut, then they'd have long off/deep point, i'd play an on drive... then they'd have long on-deep point, so i'd play an off drive. went on like that from about 30-odd to the 100, when suddenly they covered the boundary completely. It never ever seemed to occur to them to move deep third man or deep backward square... two areas I didn't hit much to (got a few in those areas)

Attachments

• IMG_0647[1].JPG
    IMG_0647[1].JPG
    679.6 KB · Views: 100
amazing @blockerdave, what season were you in when you managed that?

I can't really believe the effort this is taking me, I haven't made better than my 66 yet but I did play an 18 ball 32 in a t20 which I felt was at least a worthwhile contribution to a match for once.

amazing @blockerdave, what season were you in when you managed that?

I can't really believe the effort this is taking me, I haven't made better than my 66 yet but I did play an 18 ball 32 in a t20 which I felt was at least a worthwhile contribution to a match for once.

beginning of the 5th season. struggling in list a this season but so far averaging 54 for the season after first 3 FC games.

Definitely finding batting easier and effective in legend level as I have an average of 24 when compared to 12 in pro level(:facepalm)...

AI helped me, it has to be said. They were alternating 2 boundary-riders between 3 areas - wide/long on, wide/long off, deep cover/point... so if they had long off/on, i'd wait for a ball to cut, then they'd have long off/deep point, i'd play an on drive... then they'd have long on-deep point, so i'd play an off drive. went on like that from about 30-odd to the 100, when suddenly they covered the boundary completely. It never ever seemed to occur to them to move deep third man or deep backward square... two areas I didn't hit much to (got a few in those areas)

How do you play a cut shot? I mean what are the position of your left and right stick? Is it up on the left stick (front foot) and right on right stick? And do you play it against spinners, pacers or against every kind of bowler? Also, do you play it againt good length, short, over-pitched deliveries irrespective of line, or do you play the shot against a particular line & length?

Sorry for so many questions around the cut shot as that's one shot I've really struggled with. So far I have got LBW, bowled or caught behind with hardly any success playing the shot.

How do you play a cut shot? I mean what are the position of your left and right stick? Is it up on the left stick (front foot) and right on right stick? And do you play it against spinners, pacers or against every kind of bowler? Also, do you play it againt good length, short, over-pitched deliveries irrespective of line, or do you play the shot against a particular line & length?

Sorry for so many questions around the cut shot as that's one shot I've really struggled with. So far I have got LBW, bowled or caught behind with hardly any success playing the shot.

Am just getting better at it... Basically short or good length, outside off, LAS straight down RAS square or forward of square - with deep third man I try to avoid behind square.

Never play it spinners, if that area is free I reverse sweep.

I have mentioned before, but I don't pre-meditate. I have an idea of what I want to play if it's there, typically a drive... If it's wide of off and a gap is there I can cut, on leg stump I will glance. I'm getting there slowly... My problems come when I do premeditate, eg I am looking to cut and still do even if it's not there... In the match where I got my 100, I was really "seeing it" and it was great.

Bloody run out bug... If you make fatigue an issue in a game, the button to make a guy put in effort to hit the crease and ground his bat should not have an effect on fatigue.

"Not how we play the game" is a cop out.

Phuck! Just when I had an excellent match with bat and ball in IPL, then there was the BSOD...

Phuuuuuuuck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread