How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
^How can it be boring. This game is being developed for hardcore fans. I think career mode may least be enjoyed by the casual players.

trust me mate ...its an 20 year career mode ,u cant just simply play matches where the other batsman keeps playing full overs while we are standing at the non strikers end.......I really think that Big ant would have thought about it and would have find a solution!!!!!!:thumbs

----------

I think that it would be realistic if the AI played the match like it would play any other match!! If you want to keep the strike, take a single off the last ball of the over :p!! Would hate to see if the game was designed to give me all of the strike, as that would make it less realistic!!

For future versions though it would be nice if we had the option to suggest the gameplay to the AI....e.g. say I become a senior member, and am playing with a junior or a tailender, then I can 'suggest' the ai to play either defensively, or look for big shots, or try to take a single, or block one end, or take strike against a bowler etc....whereas if I have a senior batsman on the other end, he would give me some instructions, which if I manage to fulfill, will provide additional attribute points and would also increase my chemistry with that player thus helping our partnership :cheers

That's what i was thinking..well i hope in the future games it depends on the AI.....and im not complaining I was just being curious :D

trust me mate ...its an 20 year career mode ,u cant just simply play matches where the other batsman keeps playing full overs while we are standing at the non strikers end.......I really think that Big ant would have thought about it and would have find a solution!!!!!!:thumbs

----------

That's what i was thinking..well i hope in the future games it depends on the AI.....and im not complaining I was just being curious :D

Dont worry too much about it....The AI would not keep hogging the strike in all the matches!! There would a be a few instances though where he would hog the strike, either because he is tired, or the situation demands it or maybe he is having difficulty in playing the ball!!

I also had another quesion will there be a ranking system like international players,team rankings....our created player rising through the rankings and becoming the NO.1 in the world:D

I also had another quesion will there be a ranking system like international players,team rankings....our created player rising through the rankings and becoming the NO.1 in the world:D

Like the ICC rankings? Or on the leaderboard!! i.e. no.1 in the real world or in the 'career' world??

Like the ICC rankings? Or on the leaderboard!! i.e. no.1 in the real world or in the 'career' world??

No they have told about online ranking i am talking about career rankings?..it would be really great to have rankings...the online ranking system is also good

Mike, I would like to be clarified on a certain aspect you detailed out before. If you said we could watch pivotal points of a match, did you mean if we are in the dug out and its the final moments of the match, we could be shown AI vs AI gameplay?

If that is the case, I would wish to watch the whole match irrespective of what point it is waiting to bat or already got out. It connects you even more to that match situation and feels complete. Maybe you could add an option to turn on and off that option? Please?

Mike, I would like to be clarified on a certain aspect you detailed out before. If you said we could watch pivotal points of a match, did you mean if we are in the dug out and its the final moments of the match, we could be shown AI vs AI gameplay?

If that is the case, I would wish to watch the whole match irrespective of what point it is waiting to bat or already got out. It connects you even more to that match situation and feels complete. Maybe you could add an option to turn on and off that option? Please?

Yeah i asked something like that but i thought maybe a highlights reel but i guess we have asked to any questions right Ross.;)

We want you to be involved in the career mode as much as possible and as such we can control certain aspects. However, yes you could have some matches You don't Bat or Bowl in. But, you'll get a feel for games you think could be won easily, and in those games perhaps jumping in and fielding might give you a chance to boost other attributes.

That's awesome, thanks. I've played an online flash cricket game (not a great comparison i know) where you only control one batter and the rest is simmed. But if looked like you weren't getting a bat and there were 20 or so runs to get (or a few overs remaining if batting first), everyone in front of you in the order would get cleaned up straight away so that you batted for the last 20 runs. It was kind of annoying and not very unrealistic. Glad to hear this shouldn't be the case.

Mike and Ross, are there any International matches exclusive commentators and most importantly is DRS available only for Int. matches or even at level one?

A real long thread this. Donno if this has been unanswered, tackled, or not asked yet (the last one's highly unlikely):
Can we watch the entire match in the career mode? Say you are in at number 4, can we see all that happens before you come in & after you are dismissed? Like, not simply the highlights but rather the entire innings?

----------

And, one more question for Mike, can we decide the fixtures in the career mode? Or at least something like "I tour Australia every 4 yrs", "I tour England every 2 yrs". Something on that lines, I mean.

I don't think we can have much control of tours etc etc. even if our player attains captaincy.

It would be great if we can watch the highlights of the match after getting out/completing the bowling quota instead of simming it altogether ,just like in ICC games where you can set the highlights level to , boundaries , wkts , chances.
Is it possible now Mikey?

...can we decide the fixtures in the career mode?

Considering your player could play for any country, I would imagine there would be a few fixtures you would be involved in different to other countries? Psuedo-Ashes series if you played for Australia/England maybe? I don't know though...

I would guess part of the fixed 20 year length would be pre-planned fixtures for the teams and different competitions - if there's the competitive aspect of point scoring/cash overall, then the careers we would go through would have to be similar in length and matches played.

I would guess part of the fixed 20 year length would be pre-planned fixtures for the teams and different competitions - if there's the competitive aspect of point scoring/cash overall, then the careers we would go through would have to be similar in length and matches played.

Yup, true.

Hopefully they will have every type of competitions in there, similar formats to the world cups, CT and the domestic leagues including ipl. Since we can replace default teams, it would work out real well.

Users who are viewing this thread