How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
If i'm being honest Ross I am slightly disappointed by this. I prefer to manage a team as a whole not just 1 player.

Simulating the match until its your turn to bowl takes away the fun. You could be a part time spinner lets say and only bowl a couple of overs in a match.

I guess it is a personal thing, but, I 100% love what Big Ant and Ross are doing here (and I usually play Devil's advocate too)... see... you have team play in every other format... and can still play competitions... which, in many career modes provide the bulk of what exists, with many games including (ahem!) Rugby League Live 2 not having a different itinerary in career mode... which is disappointing (I say 'is" as it is still the game I play when I get to play these days... RLL2... it is great... but I know who I am playing next, especially to start and end a season, and that kinda blows sorry... should patch that)... such that career mode is just an illusion that is really multi-competition mode back-to-back...

I think having be-a-pro style mode AS WELL as team cricket multiple options besides opens up the chance to really feel like you have two games... though they could consider a simple(ish) code mimic to have the competition modes as a career (simple one) too if really wanted...? Either way... the regular modes (with stats tracking, which is really a career of sorts whenever you play anyway, yes? That is all I need, stats tracking, accurate, of me created and my team, including stats adjusting with time for starts etc too)... then that be a pro will rock my world as a whole new level / game as I was addicted to (don't laugh) playing as just me in pro evolution 5 (6? can't remember) years ago... you just watched play and were you and it seems silly, right? WRONG! lol... I too thought silly then, eventually, it was the only mode I played on it... it feels immediate... involving. So my two cents is, yes, go this way Rosco Pico Train (lol,,,) but, consider this too:

- regular comps (which we know will be there as we can see in CA anyway and can make anything I assume within reason)

- but ensure stats tracking for all the above and the players you control (all of them, but as required obviously) or longevity is ruined. Stats critical (though I hear this is also covered and included as BA are awwwwesome).

- be a pro style career (as announced), great idea... BUT have all other batters and play skippable BAR you when batting... fielding... maybe have the moments thrown at you? An extended sequence of when the AI knows you may be require to catch, field and or run out? Then of course you bowling...

- then consider, but only if not hard or going to delay the game, to tweak the competition mode to play as a simply managed (player swap, players offered / sold / bought under a set cap... but expanded to go ten years under your management... then you play regular games with all players...

Those are my thoughts / opinions...

Keep up the magnificent work Big Ant 8-) :clap

^
I have since changed my mind. very much looking forward to the career mode.

Stat tracking is pretty awesome. Will we be able to view stats for the different stages of the career Ross? Like school/club/state etc

Thanks for the post.

Haven't been called that for a very, very long time.... you must be old too! :)

LOL!! Indeed sir I am... a child of the tragic but brilliant 80s...

That's kinda why I am so enamoured with this game... it is being made with the same wide-eyed enthusiasm and dreamy scope I / we grew up with... but in gaming largely never enjoyed in terms of execution (not in sport)...

I know this title is in good hands whatever happens.

p.s. I just hope people make my fairly good (if not great, it is fairly good and a full squad.. plus I'll keep updating it closer to release too) Black Caps created team their team of choice as the NZ team. I've done uniforms (the light blue reflecting their major sponsor and current styles kind of) and line-ups, pads and the like.... kiwis especially, who want good range in their selection options should download / 'like' it as has 24 players (you can just replace me - my creation of me - with you, if you are a kiwi) :)

i wanted both be a pro and a team career mode...disappointed :(

i wanted both be a pro and a team career mode...disappointed :(

disappointed

disappointed

Yeah I know, I cannot believe that after all the amazing extra things BA added which we have never had before as fans of a niche market sports game which will no doubt provide the fullest cricket gaming experience ever (by a long way) and yet they STILL didn't engage brain and add in something that is easily recreatable in tournament mode.

Some people eh?

@Angad: Where is it mentioned that we can play as a wicket keeper batsman???

^Mike confirmed it in the career mode thread.

----------

I pestered him a lot about Wicket keeping mechanics but he did not answer.

I haven't read all the posts but I've seen one asking what the 5 rankings are. If i was to create my club and a tournament to go with it would that mean I could play within my club in the first ranking of Be a pro??

The announcement of this game has dragged me back here.
And to have a cricket game with a proper career mode is truly fantastic!!! Would love to have this game and play it as early as possible. :D
Gone through the thread and there were some really good questions and suggestions being posted!!

Having high expectations, I want the following being included in the game(if any of the them are already included, its well and good!! :D):
  • As many have stated, I want the money factor to be involved in the game. Sources of income maybe match fees, MOM, MOS, sponsors, contracts, etc.... While the earned money can be used buying various cricket gears and other accessories like bat, pad, gloves, shoes, guards, towels, wrist band, hair band, sunglasses, wk gloves, etc... There should be a variety of options of all those accessories to choose from, like including 6-7 known reputed companies with a variety of 5-6 products in each category starting from very basic to an expensive one. The accessory you possess can improve your respective skills while the guards can help you save from injuries. For eg, if you are without any protective gears it may result into serious injuries. Chances of injuries during the start and end should be high compared to middle period.
  • Another use of money can be in changing appearance of our player. Like it can be used to change hair styles, tattoos, piercings, etc. Will make it real fun if you can add such aspects into the game. Also if you include em, include it in such a way that we can add new hair cuts, tattoos, etc as mods or can be downloaded from the Big Ant database. Their price tag should be in such a way that it should be at least greater than minimal value being decided.
  • The money can also be spent in hiring a personal coach, who'll give us tips on improving our skills and help us get better and better.
  • I would specially like inclusion of stats box during play like it happens in real cricket. The info may include our record against a particular nation, our avg(graph) in a period of time, our innings stats(no. of 0's, 1's, 2's ,3's, 4's and 6's), projected score and many others....... It will just enhance the feeling of the game. :D
  • During batting, I would like an option to be added where we can choose if want to play with cap, helmet or none.
  • As someone told, a ranking system in the career mode of all 5 levels, if possible.
  • A trophy cabinet, where all our achievements are stored right from the level 1. A gallery can also be included where we can snap the memorable moments.
  • A mid-season call.
  • And the most important one - Its fine that the matches we are not part of are simulated(but still allowing to view all the stats of the match), but there should be a option where we can witness a complete match, we are part of. It fine if you give an option to only witness highlights or maybe even simulate it but an option to view each and every delivery is great fun!! :thumbs
Along with all those suggestions, I even have some question in my mind.
  • What about the team composition?? Will the players of a team be changed??? If yes, will they be random ones?? I hope no, instead I hope we should be able to add the then playing composition of the team or if Big Ant can give updates, it fine as well.
  • What are the odds of me finding my own logicality in game?? Like I reside in Bhavngar, Gujarat, India. So what are the chances of me finding the region in the game??
This is it for now. Will post more points as soon as they strikes. :P

Thank you.

Welcome back Meet.
The game is ready to go and no new feature will be/can be included. However future installments have already been confirmed by developers so your suggestion can still be made part of the franchise. A comprehensive stats tracking system is in place.

Users who are viewing this thread