How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I would like to know whether we can lose captaincy if the team keeps losing.

Yes, as mentioned earlier though, I don't think you can resign (not 100% on this, just my memory).

I don't think you can resign
You can resign in any game - flip the power switch, throw your controller out the window.

I suppose the other way of asking - can you automate most/all of the additional responsibilities captaining gives you?

yeah but when you plug it all back together you'll still be captain :)

You can always accept the defaults for the captaincy, you don't have to change what has been set unless you want to.

PS: Off to the footy at Docklands - glutton for punishment - play nice as I can only type so fast on the phone!

Ross im going to play this game in pc. In career mode will there be auto save or do we have to manually save it?? If I manually save it then even if I didnt perform well I can reload the saved game and play it again..it kills the thrill of career mode actually..

Yes, as mentioned earlier though, I don't think you can resign (not 100% on this, just my memory).

I wouldnt want to resign. I like being the captain. But was wondering whether we cqn lose captaincy due to poor team form. Good to know that can happen.

Ross/Mike
Will I be on the field all the time when fielding after I am assigned captain?
See if I am a player then I can jump in at the point I am bowling or when the ball is coming to me. But when I am a captain I have to stay on the field to scrutinize each and every move. Please confirm.

you guys are doing hell of a great job I salute you! and waiting for the game more eagerly now! but simulation? would'nt it make people a bit sorta borred! like times can come when the created player wont get to play a big role in game then?

14637732-business-man-gives-military-salute-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Last edited:
This was sounding great, but it looks like its just another game that has an unrealistic career mode based on objectives and a very linear 'level up' system, that's a shame! Hope Im wrong

I'd prefer a game where you get multi year contracts and get rewarded at the end if you've done well, get released if you haven't or just get offered the same if you've done neither. Not the kind of year by year contracts where you have to hit a certain amount of runs/ wickets etc etc to get a new 1 year deal!

I guess I must be in the minority as games continue to have this style of career mode.
Also

Hopefully the game will be smart too, by that I mean I'd hate to have an average county player getting called up to test level just because that's the next level of the game, hopefully if your not good enough you'll stay on level 4 for example...

Moan over :) thanks

I'd hate to have an average county player getting called up to test level just because that's the next level of the game, hopefully if your not good enough you'll stay on level 4 for example...
Completely agree with this - if I am a county player who isn't doing so well and isn't making a mark on the game, I don't want to be called up to play a test match. Hopefully it will work on a system where you need to get specific skill sets high enough to earn a call up to the test side and to do this you need to play well.

WillHop its already been stated that you need to reach a specific stat level before you can get to the international stage, then if you dont perform at that level your stats will drop and you will be back in domestic cricket, you will never be just an average player in an international team, you actually have to earn your spot.

Didn't see this! Thanks for letting me know, happier now :)

WillHop its already been stated that you need to reach a specific stat level before you can get to the international stage, then if you dont perform at that level your stats will drop and you will be back in domestic cricket, you will never be just an average player in an international team, you actually have to earn your spot.

Ah I didn't see that either, thats good news :)

Users who are viewing this thread