How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Welcome back Meet.
Thank ye. :)
The game is ready to go and no new feature will be/can be included. However future installments have already been confirmed by developers so your suggestion can still be made part of the franchise. A comprehensive stats tracking system is in place.
Oh!! Is it so??
And I was of view it'll be released in 2014 as its name suggests. Lets hope they can include most of those suggested features in their future releases. :)

And I was of view it'll be released in 2014 as its name suggests. Lets hope they can include most of those suggested features in their future releases. :)

umm.. Meet, it is due for release this year.

Oh!! Is it so??
And I was of view it'll be released in 2014 as its name suggests. Lets hope they can include most of those suggested features in their future releases.
The game is scheduled to release before October of this year.

BTW, Ross --- A N T----O F ---- S T E E L

We want you to be involved in the career mode as much as possible and as such we can control certain aspects. However, yes you could have some matches You don't Bat or Bowl in. But, you'll get a feel for games you think could be won easily, and in those games perhaps jumping in and fielding might give you a chance to boost other attributes.

Could someone at BA please elaborate on this control? Does this mean the simulation will be slightly compromised in order to give your player more of a shot than he would have had otherwise?

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this. If there are some games where you don't bat or bowl then, as long as you can sim through them pretty quickly, I wouldn't care. Everyone has a role to play in cricket and if you aren't needed in that game then so be it. There is of course always fielding as well.

This wouldn't be the first game to do such a thing though. I can think of two examples off the top of my head:

In Pro Evolution soccer you either start on the ground, in which case you could get subbed off, or you start on the bench. If you start on the bench you are guaranteed every game to be subbed on, despite there being 7 people on the bench and only 3 subs made. Granted this was from PES a few years back. I have never played Be A Pro on FIFA.

When they first brought Be A Pro into the NHL games it was very poorly done. People generally play games with 5-7 minute periods, so in order to get enough gameplay, your player was always put straight to the front line. Even if you were some rookie hack playing in Pittsburgh, you'd get a go ahead of Sidney Crosby. If you were put to the 4th line, as you should be realistically, then you'd only get about 30 seconds of real time on the ice.

They fixed this in later versions by making all games run for the full 60 minutes real time. You can sim between shifts and are on the ice for realistic amounts of time and on realistic lines. If you are a star then you get 30 minutes. If you are a dud, you get 5. Really works well.

I hope this cricket game is like that too.

Be a pro in fifa09 was funny. I started in Bristol Rovers reserves and worked up, after about 4 games I was called up to England to play China. AC Milan signed me at the end of the season and I started in their first team. It was a hell of a year. I went to Manchester United after that season as their captain and retires 2 years later a club legend, despite mainly getting goals through spamming the 'through ball to me button' even if the other player was through on goal. :D

It was a good system though, even if it was a bit short (you got a 4 year career I believe), I'm confident that this one will be amazing. I just cannot wait to get playing!

Be a pro in fifa09 was funny. I started in Bristol Rovers reserves and worked up, after about 4 games I was called up to England to play China. AC Milan signed me at the end of the season and I started in their first team. It was a hell of a year. I went to Manchester United after that season as their captain and retires 2 years later a club legend, despite mainly getting goals through spamming the 'through ball to me button' even if the other player was through on goal. :D

It was a good system though, even if it was a bit short (you got a 4 year career I believe), I'm confident that this one will be amazing. I just cannot wait to get playing!

I'm sure you had fun but that sounds like a rubbish system imo. No wonder they had to accelerate things. Never would someone go from Bristol Rovers Reserves to captain of Manchester City in just a couple of years but they'd have to in that game with a 4 year cap.

BA luckily has 20 years. I'm curious about why 20 and not say 25? Since we are starting at 16 (yes?) we may not make the international team until 22. Having a career beyond 36 is not unheard of and, in fact, quite common in recent years.

Have we been given any information in regards to injuries? Can you be injured during a match or does it only happen outside games? If your a batsmen that picks up an injury during the game can retire and return in a limited capacity at the end of an innings if you need to same the game? That might be a good achievement in the game.

If we are chosen as Captain, is it possible to turn down the role or resign so you don't have to deal with placing the fielders, deciding the batting line up and who bowls? As I know I would prefer to focus on my player improving and doing well and if I had to set the field and be constantly monitoring the situation it would annoy me.

If we are chosen as Captain, is it possible to turn down the role or resign so you don't have to deal with placing the fielders, deciding the batting line up and who bowls? As I know I would prefer to focus on my player improving and doing well and if I had to set the field and be constantly monitoring the situation it would annoy me.

This would be another important feature addition as some people ^^^ aren't suited to captaincy. :lol

This would be another important feature addition as some people ^^^ aren't suited to captaincy. :lol

Spot on! Had 1 game as Captain which I royally screwed up. Also thinking for the casual fan who just wants to play and isn't really bothered by the field or batting line up.

Spot on! Had 1 game as Captain which I royally screwed up. Also thinking for the casual fan who just wants to play and isn't really bothered by the field or batting line up.

Sorry I couldn't resist. Agreed though, its not for everyone and in the end the strain of captaincy takes its toll. The option to resign and go back to concentrating on your own performance would definitely add another layer of depth to career mode. :clap

No you cannot turn it down. Ross already confirmed it.

Users who are viewing this thread