How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I dont think you have to but I believe that to feel the full effect of it it will be best to start again.

(Someone please correct me if I am wrong!)

I am currently playing a batting career to try and get to grips with it before starting after the patch.

Just scored 75 off about 60 balls for Yorks (a new high score) in a OD trying to shepherd the tail to something decent. Ending up nicking behing with about 5 overs left to leave us 9 down.

Was nervously trying to rotate the strike and reviewed more in hope than anything.

On another note, has anyone had a wicket overturned on a no ball?

So I'm playing as a batting all rounder, bowls fast medium. Still in the first year but just finished the aus domestic season and signed with Durham for both formats.
I bat at 5 and average 34 in fc and 25 in one day. Bowling wise I average 15 in fc and 9 in one day, but since playing in England I've found batting easier and bowling a little harder, anyone notice this? I'm liking it better though haha

I'm actually doing quite well in my career...unfortunately the stupid AI keeps letting me down :( I sincerely hope this is fixed eg. FC game (I'm an opener for War with Bell) - Bell and I have a 150 run partnership for the first wicket and the team is all out for 197. Thats happened so many times. I specifically chose Warwickshire because of its strong batting lineup, but I might as well have chosen Easts in Div 5 of the Brisbane Cricket assoc.

I've gotten to the point where I try and hog the strike because even the best batsmen (Bell/Trott/etc) keep getting themselves out for low scores and bat like tailenders.
@Ross - can you guys please confirm if this has been addressed/fixed? The whole career mode is dependant on you batting with a team, esp at County level.

Loving the realism of this game.. just been given lbw for a ball that maybe just about pitched inside the line of leg stump but also had the faintest of edges, resulting in the umpire making his first ever error in my career mode! Felt gutted as I would in a real match, but also just as happy to have such tiny details in this game!

I dont think you have to but I believe that to feel the full effect of it it will be best to start again.

(Someone please correct me if I am wrong!)

I am currently playing a batting career to try and get to grips with it before starting after the patch.

Just scored 75 off about 60 balls for Yorks (a new high score) in a OD trying to shepherd the tail to something decent. Ending up nicking behing with about 5 overs left to leave us 9 down.

Was nervously trying to rotate the strike and reviewed more in hope than anything.

yes I bowled someone with a slower ball and it was a no ball. :(

If you're asking if anyone has taken a wicket that was called a no ball, heaps of times, a few catches, a couple of bowled.

Have not had a DRS review that was canned due to picking up a no ball that the umpire missed though.

I really want to play as a pure batsman because of the ease of getting wickets, but as just a batsman i hate seeing my team loosing easy matches in simulation, just pisses me off.

Yes!!! Just reminded me. I played an aggressive shot to long on but it only went as far as mid on...I started to curse until I saw the umpire's arm come up! woo hoo!! :cheers lol. I smashed the next ball for 6 anyway. For some reason, I keep thinking that ALL no balls result in free hits! lol. must....not....smash...for....ahh bugger it...WHACK!! :lol

Got offered a contract to play in the Big Bash with my career batsman. Chose the Melbourne Renegades in the end coz Aaron Finch opens for my Yorkshire team in T20 too. Tenuous link but it's all I had to influence my decision. Lost the first 3 games and didn't get much of a knock...highest score of 30 odd. Made 2 50s in a row to win a couple of games and then made my first T20 hundred in Game 7. Didn't qualify for semi finals though. I did enough to earn an IPL deal though. Picked Pune Warriors and we're top with 3 wins out of 3. I've only had a couple of brief cameos at the end of the innings really...couple of not outs though. A good campaign and the England selectors might have to start taking a look! :D

Edges to Slip

1. I have been playing this game for more than a month now i guess.
I have not seen a single catch in the slips .. I mean edged and taken directly in slips.. of fast bowlers or spinners.

2. Also has anyone found any significant turn.. I cant turn the ball , take a lot of wkts with spin bowlers but no fun in bowling spin when the ball hardly turns
any tips on how to get the leg breaks or off breaks turn

I'm actually doing quite well in my career...unfortunately the stupid AI keeps letting me down :( I sincerely hope this is fixed eg. FC game (I'm an opener for War with Bell) - Bell and I have a 150 run partnership for the first wicket and the team is all out for 197. Thats happened so many times. I specifically chose Warwickshire because of its strong batting lineup, but I might as well have chosen Easts in Div 5 of the Brisbane Cricket assoc.

I've gotten to the point where I try and hog the strike because even the best batsmen (Bell/Trott/etc) keep getting themselves out for low scores and bat like tailenders.
@Ross - can you guys please confirm if this has been addressed/fixed? The whole career mode is dependant on you batting with a team, esp at County level.

True thing mate. That's why i always have to choose allrounder even though i want to choose pure batsman. Most often the teams looses simple matches in simulation it sucks.

----------

Got offered a contract to play in the Big Bash with my career batsman. Chose the Melbourne Renegades in the end coz Aaron Finch opens for my Yorkshire team in T20 too. Tenuous link but it's all I had to influence my decision. Lost the first 3 games and didn't get much of a knock...highest score of 30 odd. Made 2 50s in a row to win a couple of games and then made my first T20 hundred in Game 7. Didn't qualify for semi finals though. I did enough to earn an IPL deal though. Picked Pune Warriors and we're top with 3 wins out of 3. I've only had a couple of brief cameos at the end of the innings really...couple of not outs though. A good campaign and the England selectors might have to start taking a look! :D

How many years it took for the ipl contract as a batsman though?

Users who are viewing this thread