How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Few things I noticed while defending each ball.
First is that edges do not carry to the keeper ,
Few of them flew through slips for 2s ,3s and occasional 4.
Second keeper refused to catch the ball few times .
Third my confidence never came down a bit and fatigue level was 0 the whole time.

Weird. My edges almost always carry to the keeper - I think part of what I'm doing wrong is playing at far too many.

If it's not threatening the stumps, leave it alone, innit?

*edit* What teams are you playing against? Is it a Get Best download, the default, teams you created?

Weird. My edges almost always carry to the keeper - I think part of what I'm doing wrong is playing at far too many.

If it's not threatening the stumps, leave it alone, innit?

*edit* What teams are you playing against? Is it a Get Best download, the default, teams you created?
yep get best only.
another milestone.2014-08-11_00010.jpg

Are you saving and reloading when you get out?
LOL,

Also as per my experience, its not easy, because as soon as u exit, it will auto save (overwrite), you will have to hard reboot your PC/laptop or kill the game to avoid that.

Last edited:
2014-08-11_00012.jpg 2014-08-11_00014.jpg
Are you saving and reloading when you get out?

I am saving the game, i usually save game after scoring 40 or 60 runs(if i am able to ) then restart after few hours.
but for this innings i am batting for 30 minutes then save and exit, starting again after hour or so.

nope i don't do reloads after getting out, as far as i know there is no option for reloading after getting out just save and exit.

difficulty "legend"

as of now i don't record game play because of low config of my machine, i am waiting for my new Allienware 14

Last edited:
you will have to hard reboot your PC/laptop or kill the game to avoid that.
He certainly knows that
proof
End of Day 1 in my Mega Test maximum challenge... Play has been going on continuously from midnight until 1:30pm and here is the current scorecard;

9CB529862D481673BE3FE856C4E71E42BA9EABCE

Only 115 of the scheduled 200 overs were played... If this is the same for the remaining days then the revised maximum total will be 34,500 runs.

Weird. My edges almost always carry to the keeper
I too used to think that but playing on legend i have got almost all types of edges apart from say bat-pad against spinners.
In a match today had a one carry to 2nd slip and get dropped, one inside edge that went for 4.
One thing i have noticed is i get these kind of varied edges almost mostly occur with low middle order or tailenders, i think we are missing some attribute here for edges in CA.

other than that had couple of edges dropping short of keeper or slips(this occured with higher order batsman too)

The reason rough sould could be getting with his career player could be the way he is skilling him, @RoughSoul can you post a screen of your player attributes and skills.

as of now i don't record game play because of low config of my machine, i am waiting for my new Allienware 14
Alienware machines are really overpriced in the UK... I wouldn't recommend them but it's up to you, better than a console anyway :p.

He certainly knows that
proof
Haha, you don't actually have to kill the game to do what I'm doing! :) You can use the 'Forfeit the game' option which awards you a loss but you can still reload from the previous save. It screws up your stats - my 'Other' section says 527 games played with 7 wins, but I'm not fussed about these as they were already warped when I was using the forfeit option while testing mods.

I too used to think that but playing on legend i have got almost all types of edges apart from say bat-pad against spinners.
In a match today had a one carry to 2nd slip and get dropped, one inside edge that went for 4.
One thing i have noticed is i get these kind of varied edges almost mostly occur with low middle order or tailenders, i think we are missing some attribute here for edges in CA.

other than that had couple of edges dropping short of keeper or slips(this occured with higher order batsman too)

The reason rough sould could be getting with his career player could be the way he is skilling him, @RoughSoul can you post a screen of your player attributes and skills.
sure after this game i will.
finally dismissed for 155 of 377

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to understand - if there's anything significantly different between my setup and his.

The other possibility is just that I simply cannot control the analog sticks as well as he can. If this is the case, I'm never going to enjoy this game the way I want to :(

Alienware machines are really overpriced in the UK... I wouldn't recommend them but it's up to you, better than a console anyway :p.

I am From india here it costed me 121 k rupees i.e. 1120 British pound.

You could build a very high spec desktop for that price, but I suppose if you need the portability of a laptop then Alienware's are probably the best for that purpose. One of my housemates at uni had one and it was nicely built and looked very slick :).

Wait, you're on PC? What controller are you using? Have you tweaked the sensitivity settings?

That's something that I think could help, the ability to alter the sensitivity of my PS3 controller to suit how I use it.

I think the shots are performed as soon as a directional input is received on the right stick so sensitivity shouldn't be an issue. If the deadzones are too large then things could feel a bit unresponsive, but I'm not really aware of any widespread complaints of this regarding the PS3 controller.

Users who are viewing this thread