How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Back from International duty, Played two t20 matches vs SA
1st match 0 bowled first ball
2nd match 21 of 19 lbw

Good stuff roughsoul although once I make my test debut I'm goin to be on pro all the time and have a feeling I'm goin to struggle for a couple seasons until my stats catch up. Do you find much difference when you go back to county cricket after internationals or is it no different?

Sure, even i want share. But whenever i record the game play, game starts to lag a lot it reaches to the point where it is unplayable.

when i will recieve my alienware 14, i will start a DBC youtube series.
as for batting advice.
1 Fast / Medium Fast Bowlers
i premeditate most of the shots(front foot) and usually play cover drives, leg glance, flicks, pull , cuts, on drive. No shots in the air if there is a fielder even inside 30 yards.

2 Medium / Slow / Spinners
they are easier to hit for boundaries. but hard to defend, I play according to line and length of the ball.
fav shot vs them is reverse sweep and straight down the ground for six (if i don't get caught).

Most important thing you will require is luck, I have been given out lbw of inside edges , ball pitching out side leg etc and given not out when i was plumb.
keeper has taken few breath taking catches to dismiss me and some times he doesn't even bothered to take simple dollies.

my last innings was simple plan with great execution.
  1. defend 3 to 4 balls then take single.
  2. avoid spinners.
  3. avoid defending with same shot, play some drives in between.
  4. play game for only 30 minutes then save and exit, restart after hour or so
  5. most imp avoid getting out.:D

• I am not a hardcore gamer but i am a die hard fan of cricket.

I think point no. 1 is what I'm keen to get a handle on. I follow a very similar process other than not hitting in the air ever against any type of bowling. When I play leg glance, flicks or pulls on the leg side I end up getting caught by one of the following three fielders - Forward Square Leg (pull), Short Mid Wkt (flick) and Leg Gully (glance/flick). When I premeditate on the leg side, I end up hitting to these fielders and there's nothing much I can do about it other than playing exclusively on the off side. Maybe once you are able to post videos on youtube I would get a better idea of how you handle playing premeditated shots on the leg side.

I think point no. 1 is what I'm keen to get a handle on. I follow a very similar process other than not hitting in the air ever against any type of bowling. When I play leg glance, flicks or pulls on the leg side I end up getting caught by one of the following three fielders - Forward Square Leg (pull), Short Mid Wkt (flick) and Leg Gully (glance/flick). When I premeditate on the leg side, I end up hitting to these fielders and there's nothing much I can do about it other than playing exclusively on the off side. Maybe once you are able to post videos on youtube I would get a better idea of how you handle playing premeditated shots on the leg side.

One good trick to play leg side without fear is to take full mid stump or off stump guard, from there the way these shots go they are mostly not catch-able by the fielders put there.

One good trick to play leg side without fear is to take full mid stump or off stump guard, from there the way these shots go hey are mostly not catch-able.

I did that but I still was caught by Forward Square Leg off pul shots and by short mid wkt when fast bowlers bowl a slower one. Also, you end up with quite a few LBWs when medium or fast medium bowlers bowl an extra slower one which pitches half way down but for some reason doesn't rise above the stumps.

Also, you end up with quite a few LBWs when medium or fast medium bowlers bowl an extra slower one which pitches half way down but for some reason doesn't rise above the stumps.
ya you have to watch out for those especially, i mostly block or or go inside out for slower and straight ones, i have been able to get away with the shots mostly.

ya you have to watch out for those especially, i mostly block or or go inside out for slower and straight ones, i have been able to get away with the shots mostly.

Problem I face is that fast and fast-medium bowlers are so quick, I don't have enough time to gauge the pace of the delivery and act accordingly. I have to play the shot ASAP else I struggle, and when there's an extra slow delivery I either miss it to be LBW or hit it to short mid wkt. That's why the difference between the fastest and slowest deliveries allowed to be bowled in the game has to be reduced. A 15 kph difference between fastest and slowest deliveries is good enough IMO as it can mess with the timing. But anything more is a cheap trick especially given how often AI bowls slower ones.

I don't actually know but I suspect sensing the speed of objects coming towards you is the biggest problem for a 2D screen representation (although maybe in cricket terms it's detecting length as that includes speed as a factor).

More giveaway features in the bowling action would seem to be a fairly naturalistic solution. If the arm came over detectably faster or slower according to speed and you could see 3 distinct release positions for off / straight / leg aim I think that would be pretty handy.

I think they'd need to alter their system quite a bit to allow that in DCB15 though.

How many 'defend' achievements did you get in your epic innings?
2014-08-12_00001.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1407800064][/DOUBLEPOST]

will try to record a batting session in cricket academy or a casual game with bandicam.

I got selected for the South african team in T20 yesterday in a 5 match series against Sri Lanka. With that comes a level up in difficulty. Although I started my career in amateur just to get used to batting. I ended up playing a better innings than I have ever on pro. Finished with 84 runs as we chased down 196. I am an opening batsmen and I batted till the 16th over, when we needed 26 to win. I must say, I enjoy pro level much more as the field changes every now and then. All I did was play into open spaces. My concentration seems to go a bit after an hour so I have decided to play only 1 innings per day. This way I am much more aware of getting out. It's happened a few times now that I score a duck, switch of and play a different game.

Users who are viewing this thread