How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
match drawn, scored a quick fire 36(12) in second innings to help my team set a good target.

my skill sets
2014-08-11_00016.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1407753677][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait, you're on PC? What controller are you using? Have you tweaked the sensitivity settings?

That's something that I think could help, the ability to alter the sensitivity of my PS3 controller to suit how I use it.

xbox 360 controller for windows, no tweaking is done yet.

Last edited:
I think the shots are performed as soon as a directional input is received on the right stick so sensitivity shouldn't be an issue. If the deadzones are too large then things could feel a bit unresponsive, but I'm not really aware of any widespread complaints of this regarding the PS3 controller.

Yeah, I'm certain that shots are performed as soon as a directional input is received. I'm not suggesting it as a complaint with the controller, more with the way I'm controlling it.

A bigger deadspot in the centre would give me larger wedges for controlling direction, which might help me with the way my boy defends. This assumes that the edges I get are because I've played slightly down the wrong line, which I have to assume because of the times I edge in the nets with ideal timing. It also may help with the footwork, he often steps out to leg when I wanted to step straight, and occasionally out to off (which is when I get LBW or bowled past his legs).

Another likely thing is that @RoughSoul's avatar has much better skills than mine, because he's scoring much better than I am and thus getting plenty of skill points (probly got fewer skill points in the above innings, but the other scoring of his has been relatively quick)

*edit* So, yeah, way higher skill points. I might try a 31 year-old career guy, see if that makes enough difference that I can stick with it. Otherwise I think I'm going to have to shelve the game and wait for the next iteration because I'm simply not good enough to enjoy batting, and bowling is way too easy for me.

*shrugs* I still haven't finished Skyrim, and have been remembering CKII and CiV fondly recently, so I've got some stuff to be going on with once I get over my obsession with this game ...

For fast bowling, try just holding your LS at about 5 or 10 past 12, then if they bowl on the stumps hit RS at square leg. If they bowl outside off hit towards cover.

Not a very interesting way of batting but I'd be interested to see if you do any better batting like that to your normal method.

eta that's @ ellgieff not the RoughSoul

No. 20 first 50 of 131, 2 fours 1 six
second 50 of 120, 3 fours 1 six

100* of 251(one of the best)

How the freaking hell did you get such a strike rate? You dude, got some patience.

Master RoughSoul, teach me how to bat in DBC14
bowdown.gif

What difficulty are you on? Would be good to see a video.

This. @RoughSoul, would really appreciate if you can put up a few videos of you batting. It would help us who aren't that good and may show us a different approach to batting.

My Career Stats,playing as an offie who bats at number 8...

Attachments

• Career Stats.docx
    14.8 KB · Views: 12
is xbone controller better than 360 one for DBC, also were did you get it cant find it on flipkart
Sorry mate , by mistake I wrote Xbox one .
I am using 360 controller. Got it from flipkart for 2259 rupees.[DOUBLEPOST=1407770353][/DOUBLEPOST]
is xbone controller better than 360 one for DBC, also were did you get it cant find it on flipkart
Sorry mate , by mistake I wrote Xbox one .
I am using 360 controller. Got it from flipkart for 2259 rupees.

Really? Well in that case, put it back in Big Ant - and do something about shots going in the air too much as well...

Yup, the non-striker did move away from the ball and you rarely hit your batting partner. But post patch 2 hitting your batting partner is a common occurence and happens way too frequently - sometimes 2-3 times in the same over.

Yup, the non-striker did move away from the ball and you rarely hit your batting partner. But post patch 2 hitting your batting partner is a common occurence and happens way too frequently - sometimes 2-3 times in the same over.
Yeah but today got saved because of him as I hit the ball in the air and he blocked it so escaped from getting caught...

Yeah but today got saved because of him as I hit the ball in the air and he blocked it so escaped from getting caught...

But most of the time it's quite frustrating. You aim for the gap at mid-on or mid-off, nail the shot and are thinking about easy 2-3 runs when the non striker stands there nonchalantly blocking the ball. It's even more frustrating when you get out the next ball :(

But most of the time it's quite frustrating. You aim for the gap at mid-on or mid-off, nail the shot and are thinking about easy 2-3 runs when the non striker stands there nonchalantly blocking the ball. It's even more frustrating when you get out the next ball :(
Yeah the game just needs tweaking on these kinds of small stuffs to get the right balance and for longevity....

This. @RoughSoul, would really appreciate if you can put up a few videos of you batting. It would help us who aren't that good and may show us a different approach to batting.
Sure, even i want share. But whenever i record the game play, game starts to lag a lot it reaches to the point where it is unplayable.

when i will recieve my alienware 14, i will start a DBC youtube series.
as for batting advice.
1 Fast / Medium Fast Bowlers
i premeditate most of the shots(front foot) and usually play cover drives, leg glance, flicks, pull , cuts, on drive. No shots in the air if there is a fielder even inside 30 yards.

2 Medium / Slow / Spinners
they are easier to hit for boundaries. but hard to defend, I play according to line and length of the ball.
fav shot vs them is reverse sweep and straight down the ground for six (if i don't get caught).

Most important thing you will require is luck, I have been given out lbw of inside edges , ball pitching out side leg etc and given not out when i was plumb.
keeper has taken few breath taking catches to dismiss me and some times he doesn't even bothered to take simple dollies.

my last innings was simple plan with great execution.
  1. defend 3 to 4 balls then take single.
  2. avoid spinners.
  3. avoid defending with same shot, play some drives in between.
  4. play game for only 30 minutes then save and exit, restart after hour or so
  5. most imp avoid getting out.:D

• I am not a hardcore gamer but i am a die hard fan of cricket.

After struggling last nite I decided to take some match practice, on pro difficulty, batsman poor bowler v good, and after learning a few things( the most pleasing one was cut shots v spin is safer than it was pre patch 2) I went back to career and had a pretty good time of it. Scores of 89, 10, and was on 103* when Missis decided to allow the kids in from playing in the garden cos its Paw Patrol time! Anyway I'm looking forward to getting back to it later. Also it says I'm regular member of test squad although I haven't played a test yet, proper stoked about that! The only thing I don't understand is last night I couldn't get a run and fielders caught everything but today they're back to dropping the ball or me just missing them, funny how it goes eh?

Users who are viewing this thread