How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I will start new career as a opening batsman in Australian Domestic cup.

ya its mainly due to how well the bowlers are skilled at international level, especially in terms of drift/turn for spinners and dipping deliveries for fast bowlers also pace/swing also they vary the deliveries more as in i had a mitch johnson over were he bowled 4-5 short deliveries at me ranging from 100.6kph,126kph to 152 kph really struggled. These factors don't appear that well in other difficulty levels other than veteran and legend.So could be that. This is visible even in casual modes of you go on a tour you will feel the difference between a warmup match and international one, i can easily win against these warmup teams but struggle against the intl ones.

ya its mainly due to how well the bowlers are skilled at international level, especially in terms of drift/turn for spinners and dipping deliveries for fast bowlers also pace/swing also they vary the deliveries more as in i had a mitch johnson over were he bowled 4-5 short deliveries at me ranging from 100.6kph,126kph to 152 kph really struggled. These factors don't appear that well in other difficulty levels other than veteran and legend.So could be that. This is visible even in casual modes of you go on a tour you will feel the difference between a warmup match and international one, i can easily win against these warmup teams but struggle against the intl ones.

Change in pace is one of the bigger issues in the game, right after not able to keep the ball along the ground. Against fast bowlers, the drastic change in pace gets you dismissed way too often.

I kind of find it challenging in a good way, its very rewarding when you can pick the slower ones, i think once the shots are fixed it will give a safety net to be able to play more safely against the change of pace, even now its very challenging and fun.

Last edited:
finally a 50 2014-08-14_00001.jpgbut in vain, we lost 4th consecutive match under my captaincy.
captaincy record in t20
6 matches
2 wins
4 loses

Started a career with Pro difficulty, here are my stats:
Batting
4-Days Match - Played 6 innings, 4 times out on duck, total score 26, Average 6.25
One Day Match - Played 1 match, first ball duck.
~LBW is my enemy~
Bowling
4-Days Match - 6 wickets - best bowling 4/59
One Day Match - 0 wickets - best bowling 0/75

on the way to loose 5th, require 57 of 22:mad:noway:(

Thinking of starting another career as left arm spinner and left handed batsman for a different experience...
So have started the career and a very fine 50* off 85 balls, not defensive but played according to the ball...I am finding left hand batting even more interesting in the game....

JUST THE GAME IS SO ADDICTIVE.....[HASHTAG]#BLAMEROSS[/HASHTAG]

After losing 6 in a row, we won our last 2 games to finish 2nd from the bottom.
my scores in english t20 cup
1 8 of 8 won
2 4 of 5 won
3 17 of 16 lost
4 8 of 11 lost
5 DNB lost
6 51* of 39 lost
7 55* of 32 lost
8 26 of 26 lost
9 40* of 24 won
10 30* of 20 won

that's 239 runs @ 47.80 @132.04 as Captain

## now on international duty vs South Africa
3 match t20 series
played only one game, scored 5 of 6 .
finally selected for indian test team vs srilanka
simulated the game to career player.
current score is 384/2 77 overs
pujara 113*
dhawan 194
vijay 76

Last edited:
I've pushed my FC and OD averages over 20 (pro) thanks to some dumb AI field settings. They had no-one from mid-on round to backward point so I kept slogging the ball in the massive massive gap. Even after reaching 50 still no field change.

I checked again last night, original (main) career player is 17 (started with Sussex), Helmet lvl 1, selected for Aus Domestic, IPL, International T20 and ODI teams. I started on Pro... still on Pro. I haven't had a single forced difficulty upgrade at all.

Yeah - I'm sure the difficulty increase for international level matches applies only during those matches - to simulate the 'step up' of international cricket. I think it also applies to the IPL.

Yeah - I'm sure the difficulty increase for international level matches applies only during those matches - to simulate the 'step up' of international cricket. I think it also applies to the IPL.
Well I've been selected for IPL, but haven't played a game just yet. Played my first International T20 series already though, and no increase in difficulty. Will keep checking it.

Batting skill level should be set by the player and remain unchanged by the game throughout the career.

The argument that playing higher levels means an increase in difficulty and there bye ought to generate a raise in the difficulty for the Human player is absolute rubbish. Surely its better to maintain the players skill and ability to cope with the improved standard of play by ramping up the AI batsmen and Bowlers?

NeiL W

Users who are viewing this thread