How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Finally getting a bit more time to play and have gone into season 2. Also got the 2 on my helmet. Since then my batting has gotten worse and i am struggling alot (more than normal) to get wickets. Does the difficulty increase with the number on the helmet, or am i just going through a bad spot?

You go up one level upon reaching helmet 2 rating and another when you get to international.

You go up one level upon reaching helmet 2 rating and another when you get to international.
No that is not the case , I reached helmet rating 3(legend) in my first season even before playing IPL . I started at pro and Played my first international game in season 2

@RoughSoul did you go up one level for helmet 2 and another for helmet 3 then? Only asking because I went up to amateur when I got to helmet 2 and even though I'm still helmet 2 I'm now on pro. Just finished my first year and upon starting the second season my first match is a two test series vs Pakistan. Incidentally I took 3/15 in their 1st inns and am just about to resume my inns after getting to 21 off 16 last night. Its definately harder but seems a lot more realistic as boundaries aren't as easy to come by!

Helmet ratings is related to Skill points, Going from county to international only rises the difficulty not the helmet level....

By all rights I should be on Legend difficulty, but I haven't checked recently, lol. Selected for International and been selected for IPL, still on Helmet 1 lol

No that is not the case , I reached helmet rating 3(legend) in my first season even before playing IPL . I started at pro and Played my first international game in season 2

If this is what you've experienced, it's a bug.

The statement from Ross around the last patch notes (for patch #2) were that you'd get a single increase for +1 helmet, and another at international.

My experience is that I got an increase for going to helmet 2, and that international matches are at legend for me - but it returns to Veteran when I'm playing Domestic cricket.

*note* the way to tell what difficulty you're at is the default difficulty of the nets. Prior to an International, I'm at Legend. Prior to a domestic match, Veteran.

If this is what you've experienced, it's a bug.

The statement from Ross around the last patch notes (for patch #2) were that you'd get a single increase for +1 helmet, and another at international.

My experience is that I got an increase for going to helmet 2, and that international matches are at legend for me - but it returns to Veteran when I'm playing Domestic cricket.

*note* the way to tell what difficulty you're at is the default difficulty of the nets. Prior to an International, I'm at Legend. Prior to a domestic match, Veteran.
Its not bug I guess , if you start from rookie you will reach legend at some point of time in your career .
So me reaching legend in first season without playing international game is fine , I was scoring hundred literally every game .:D

Its not bug I guess , if you start from rookie you will reach legend at some point of time in your career .
So me reaching legend in first season without playing international game is fine , I was scoring hundred literally every game .:D

No, it's a bug. You're supposed to get one increase with +1 helmet, and another at international. As I said, my experience is that the second increase only holds at international.

No, it's a bug. You're supposed to get one increase with +1 helmet, and another at international. As I said, my experience is that the second increase only holds at international.
OK if it is indeed a bug, then what I am supposed do now? I don't want to loose my career .
I think, I should keep on playing and live with it .
I also found batting to be easy at domestic in comparison of international, but difficulty level remain same.
This might be due to the skill level of international bowlers is greater then domestic bowlers or I have played against two of the best bowling side in world pak and RSA

Last edited:
I can understand the difficulty level going up when i reach international level. I don't understand why it does when i get #2 helmet. Surely because my batsman is more experienced and reached that "second" level it should either stay the same or perhaps even slightly easier. Because my batsman is now more experienced the opposing batsman and bowlers have gotten better and my results have gotten worse. Need to rethink my approach to everything now

OK if it is indeed a bug, then what I am supposed do now? I don't want to loose my career .
I think, I should keep on playing and live with it .
I also found batting to be easy at domestic in comparison of international, but difficulty level remain same.
This might be due to the skill level of international bowlers is greater then domestic bowlers or I have played against two of the best bowling side in world pak and RSA;):D

Can you start another career at Legend and see whether you see a difference while batting as compared to the current one?

Just finished my first test series, beating Pakistan 2-0, took 11 wkts for 134 from 50+ overs and scored 27 and 46. Pretty happy with that, for a 17 years old with helmet 2 rating on pro!! The bowling was much more challenging on a bouncy wicket, and batting v Irfan at 80+mph and Ajmal was tough but hugely enjoyable, my experience of this is the game gets better and more realistic the higher the level you're at! Got the ODI series next then I imagine T20i before goin back to county, @ellgieff, if I'm still helmet 2 after the internationals, as I started in rookie and moved up to amateur on helmet 2, does that mean county will be on amateur and only internationals will be pro?

Just finished my first test series, beating Pakistan 2-0, took 11 wkts for 134 from 50+ overs and scored 27 and 46. Pretty happy with that, for a 17 years old with helmet 2 rating on pro!! The bowling was much more challenging on a bouncy wicket, and batting v Irfan at 80+mph and Ajmal was tough but hugely enjoyable, my experience of this is the game gets better and more realistic the higher the level you're at! Got the ODI series next then I imagine T20i before goin back to county, @ellgieff, if I'm still helmet 2 after the internationals, as I started in rookie and moved up to amateur on helmet 2, does that mean county will be on amateur and only internationals will be pro?

No. I recall HBK mentioning that once you reach a higher level, you will continue to play all matches (domestic, intl, List A, T20s etc.) at that level.

Users who are viewing this thread