How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Batting skill level should be set by the player and remain unchanged by the game throughout the career.

The argument that playing higher levels means an increase in difficulty and there bye ought to generate a raise in the difficulty for the Human player is absolute rubbish. Surely its better to maintain the players skill and ability to cope with the improved standard of play by ramping up the AI batsmen and Bowlers?

NeiL W

I like the idea of International games being at a higher level than Domestic play. People (ones who have some authority on the topic) talk about the "step up" to Internationals.

And otherwise I agree, I should be able to pick a difficulty level I want to play at. In fact, I think this should be changeable at any time during the career (but then I also think the leaderboards should go and die in a fire, because of the impact they have on design decisions like how difficulty works)

Decided to turn OFF all batting assists except trail blazer and have to say really enjoyed batting without the circle marker around the ball, this way im able to pick the line easily as well as timing is greatly improved.
this was played on legend difficulty against aus, using Close-batsman cam.

And otherwise I agree, I should be able to pick a difficulty level I want to play at. In fact, I think this should be changeable at any time during the career (but then I also think the leaderboards should go and die in a fire, because of the impact they have on design decisions like how difficulty works)
It needn't even impact the leaderboards - it'd be a simple as just applying a multiplier to the XP and career score points based on the level you play matches at. The leaderboards currently make no distinction between whether someone started on Pro or started on Legend - you score the same points, and likely would score more over a career starting on Pro than you would on Legend.

The enforced difficulty changes just change the periods of time for which you get a points advantage for starting easier.

I'm playing much shorter bursts of career mode than I used to - after playing more online and enjoying those matches so much with what I can do with the bat and ball, falling back to playing against the AI and getting the ball constantly just beating the edge of the bat, or just missing the stumps - and then any other ball going flying for four or six in crazy shots which they do with no risk.

On the plus side, the commentators used my name while introducing me two matches in a row now!

One thing I have noticed I have started my career on Pro and as the game says as you move up in helmet rating so does the difficulty.

Hit my first uninterrupted 100 the other day when I had 2 and a halfhours to play the game and just bat.
Could have been so easily given out whaffting at a short wide delivery that missed the bat by a whisker. Appeals went up and I was on 0 off 2 balls. but then.......

Unfussy sensible batting with boycott in mind saying "let them bowl at you" after 167 balls the 100 came!
The time had to come to an end when I saved it when I was 129 off 209 balls. Then when i returned two balls later out caught behind. :(

Most of the time I cannot unfortunately spend time playing the game for hours on end and I do agree with some that if your out the game should automatically save.
Because when your given out in real life you gotta go.

Here are my stats.

First Class
59.58 Batting
Hundreds 27
Fifties 13
15.22 Bowling with 358 wickets

List A
32.21 Batting
Hundreds 2
Fifties 11
12.89 Bowling with 252 wickets

T20
23.82 Batting
Fifties 8
10.26 Bowling with 88 wickets

But believe me my batting averages would look alot worse after i reached helmet 3 level.
I am possibly between 25-30. I find it easy to get starts but I usually cannot seem to carry on at helmet 3 difficulty.

Test Level is actually quite telling of this as I got promoted to the England team as a #7 batsmen and Graeme Swann Off Spinning Replacement.

31.85 Batting
Hundreds 2
Fifties 11
25.22 Bowling with 96 wickets

Took 38 wickets in a the ashes!! 2 shy of Warney's best.

@RoughSoul you know, when you post pictures not of the "Big Wheel", everybody is aware that you've reached the milestone by repeated use of the save & exit, so the amount of shits we give about your "debut score" is absolute zero.
I know that if I hit a quality knock on Veteran/Legend, the 'Big Wheel' is the one screenshot that I'd most want to save.

What's the difficulty level of the debut innings? I must confess I've started to doubt whether these innings have been played on the back of "Save and Exit" feature.

Does that mean you think they have, or they haven't? (Hint, they have.)

Plus there's gotta be a way to see the difficulty level at which you scored the runs as I don't believe scoring 300 off 150 happens all too often on Legend.

I know that if I hit a quality knock on Veteran/Legend, the 'Big Wheel' is the one screenshot that I'd most want to save.
OK, next time I will share that also , I never saved them.[DOUBLEPOST=1408167289][/DOUBLEPOST]
@RoughSoul you know, when you post pictures not of the "Big Wheel", everybody is aware that you've reached the milestone by repeated use of the save & exit, so the amount of shits we give about your "debut score" is absolute zero.
No problem, I don't need your shit you can keep it.

Plus there's gotta be a way to see the difficulty level at which you scored the runs as I don't believe scoring 300 off 150 happens all too often on Legend.
All you guys are doubting how I scored my runs, you all are most welcome to sit with me and watch how I play. As for sharing big wheel. I will do that from next time.
I am playing on legend, don't know about debut innings difficulty but when I made t20 debut I couldn't touch the ball.

Yes, I have been using the save and exit feature. I use it alot .
I already shared how I play on this thread.
I usually bat for 20 , 30 minutes then save the game , take a break and start again .

I usually bat for 20 , 30 minutes then save the game , take a break and start again .
^This isn't cheating in my opinion. Infact i'd say that it's a lot harder to score runs this way as you have to effectively start all over again (getting your eye in) each time you resume batting.

Users who are viewing this thread