How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
It is there to protect the integrity of the career mode itself. If we didn't take a snapshot then players/teams could be deleted, renamed and all sorts of other issues that would cause us pain with progression and would be a nightmare testing wise.
Fair enough, that makes sense I suppose. I thought it was a deliberate design choice.

It would be great if there were a way to edit stuff in an ongoing career, even if it were a section of the Academy or Career mode for just editing the stuff in the 'snapshot'. I haven't really gotten very involved with any of my career mode saves and I've restarted it many times due to stuff like noticing incorrect lineups, irritating kit selections or even my player wearing the wrong hat. I know I'm in the minority here though being so picky/irritable about this stuff so I wouldn't expect a great deal of work to go into such a feature, but if it's possible then it would be appreciated.

Perhaps even an advanced option when starting a career to proceed at your own risk using the latest Academy stuff at all times could work. You could keep the current reliable snapshot method in place whilst catering for those who want a more hands-on approach and being able to place the blame on them for screwing things up and causing bugs :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
32 from an over against spin on Legend is pure nonsense, I'm certain of it.

Even during my smashing of over 2000 sixes on Rookie it often happens where I get the much faster 'top spinner' where the required timing is vastly different even on Rookie and I get bowled/lbw or chip it to the infielders. On Legend this would be massively exacerbated to the point of being suicidal.

Blatant lies.

32 in an over on Legend. Bullshit.
it is possible this was on legend difficulty though doing it consistently would be another matter.
i missed one ball still scored 28 easily so certainly possible, once i had shami hitting tino best 4 sixes consecutively, it happens and there is good risk reward too.

when i can do that to pace, spin with fielders in side it should be possible, though i personally suck against spin nowadays.Will see if i can have a go at tredwell later.

Last edited:
it is possible this was on legend difficulty though doing it consistently would be another matter.

when i can do that to pace, spin with fielders in side it should be possible, though i personally suck against spin nowadays.Will see if i can have a go at tredwell later.
You can hit sixes on Legend, sure... But 4 of them in an over and 2 fours? It's an extremely dangerous way to play and there's no way you'd get yourself to 300 playing like that.

You can hit sixes on Legend, sure... But 4 of them in an over and 2 fours? It's an extremely dangerous way to play and there's no way you'd get yourself to 300 playing like that.
you can judge from the video whether its legend or notm cant prove more than this anyway, ya its extremely dangerous unless you pick the right bowler and certainly improbable to go up to 300 like that, but certainly possible to go bonkers once in a while.

this was just to say that its possible to attack recklessly in legend, i dont know about 300s i haven't yet had a century in legend, though i make a lot of fifties always get out around 70s think its my concentration dropping or getting anxious.

I dont play always like this, normally i play pretty much with the normal shots without triggers and go at a strike rate of 70s-80s. For me more than scoring lasting long in legend has been the challenge.

I'm not questioning whether it's on legend, I trust you :p I agree that you can still be aggressive on Legend sometimes but you're unlikely to get very far being so reckless as trying to smash every single ball for six. You may get 30-40 but many more than that is a little far fetched.

ya certainly not a technique if you want to stay at the crease but is handy when your playing as tailenders or towards the end overs when you want to up the runrate after grinding it out.Still working out ways to last longer on legend, for me right now due to the normal shots going in air i cant play a lot of get away shots like cover drive and pull if a shot cover or mid wicket is there, so hoping i will be able to play more freely once they are sorted out.

32 from an over against spin on Legend is pure nonsense, I'm certain of it.

I've hit 4 fours and 2 sixes from the first six consecutive balls of an innings against a legger on legend, experimenting with just trying to smash everything. I reckon I can probably do 4 sixes and 2 fours if I have enough goes at it early in my innings when mid off and mid on are up.

No question that it's an unlikely feat, though. And actually I have a feeling I need it to be a legger, not sure I can hit a high enough % against offies or sla. Maybe the extra air from the legger makes it easier to time.

I've got problems getting out caught behind vs spin without really knowing much about what I did wrong. I'm usually good for a couple of overs of carnage before they get me, though.

I haven't noticed a problem with spinners around the wicket but I am absolutely sick of fast and medium bowlers going around the wicket and bowling leg stump. It doesn't get me out so much as just annoy me because I have to remember to push the left stick slightly to leg to play straight, and the walking-across-your-stumps-and-getting-bowled-for-no-reason-I-can-fathom dismissal seems more common.

I haven't noticed a problem with spinners around the wicket but I am absolutely sick of fast and medium bowlers going around the wicket and bowling leg stump. It doesn't get me out so much as just annoy me because I have to remember to push the left stick slightly to leg to play straight, and the walking-across-your-stumps-and-getting-bowled-for-no-reason-I-can-fathom dismissal seems more common.

what im doing is taking a mid stump guard for around the wicket fasts so in the times that inside edge one it goes to my pads its easier to filck them or defend in midon direction from this position as long as no backward leg and leg gully are placed. though it will be difficult for you playing in pro cam to judge the stumps properly i guess.[DOUBLEPOST=1408294844][/DOUBLEPOST]
i don't care how people play, it's up to them. but don't come here posting what a big score you've got when it's obvious you use save and quit every few overs and then go back when you're out.
ya a wagon wheel atleast of a 150 odd of the session is a must if not the 300, other wise its not much useful to others to whom you are sharing especially if it is something most are struggling to do.

Well the plus point is that right arm round the wicket doesn't have much of a shout at lb so I just flick though midwicket knowing I'll prob get away with it if I miss. Until they pack the legside and the ball inevitably lands straight in a fielder's hands, anyway. I find the on drive safer if there are more catchers posted, though I'm a bit more likely to nick behind playing the on drive.

Left arm over is a bit trickier as the lb is on.

One thing I'm dead sure about is that I won't be scoring any double hundreds on these settings. Still only 1 hundred so far and I don't even get to 50 all that often.

Got back to playing my career in which I had just started the 4th season and with no warning the difficulty has gone up to legend which means i'm struggling with the bat and not taking as many wickets with the ball

Ok I've been having a real thrash in career mode (legend / pro cam / hud off) and I managed to make 50 in 12 balls. Smashing spinners when the field is up is key. Out for 50 from 15, caught on the cover boundary because I didn't see the fielder.

I also got it on video so I'm going to see if I can upload it.

image.png

Users who are viewing this thread