How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
yay..finally made the Aust ODI team! woo hoo! have had a really good run with the bat in my first 5 P40 County games with Yorkshire (68, 55, 135*, 49 and 126) when suddenly my screen changed to the ODI one. However
its disappointing that there isn't any sort of 'fan fare' to go along with it, other than a steam award notification. Anyway my first game is against the WI and I opened with David Warner (woo hoo!! dream come true!). I had scored 53 off 24 before I had to save and jump out of the game. Will continue it tonight after work...very exciting.

Couple of questions though:

1. So I'm assuming that if I now play for the Aust ODI team (and I just started in the County league), I don't play any more County games? how does it work?
2. I started my career on the medium difficulty from memory (can't remember the exact name) - I assumed when I got to int'l cricket, the difficulty would inc to maximum however this isn't the case ie. I can still see the ball type notification (ie. balls are coloured based on where they will land). Am I able to increase this?

^^^
For 1) it simulates the domestic tournament during ur INTL match days. So if it coincides with a county, you won't play that county match even if you are captaining the county side.

For 2) after 1.15.6 patch, you can choose the difficulty that you wish for all matches before you leave your career home page(where you see your stats, selection level etc) to the match.

Yet another match with pressure - this is one of the thrilled scenarios which I was pointing earlier, where simulate to career mode looses AI partner putting more pressure on us. 4th or 5th time I am being put under such pressure, still feels so good to get through it.

In this case - we were chase 279, I lost 2 quick wickets when I was brought back on strike after 30+ scores & lost 2 more wickets after 100+ score. I just kept rotating strikes, built partnerships, I was 5th wicket to go with exactly 100 runs to get & 21 overs left, thankfully the lower order managed to get those 100 runs to bring home the victory!!

903.jpg 902.jpg 901.jpg

DRS review - For the first time, I got it in my favor!! Yes!! That too, I was on 98 runs & I was given LBW & then this happens( posted in video ).

This time, no pressure to chase 250 runs.. it was a cake-walk against England!!

cakewalk.jpg

ODI vs Sri Lanka and an useful innings...

2015-06-17_00001.jpg
2015-06-17_00002.jpg

Was starting to look good and was scoring at a steady rate and after 50 scored some really good shots and most of the deliveries were played to its merit...Team managed to score awesome score of 336 and we won easily...

Playing International T20 in career now and some good innings of 44 from 28 balls and 38 off 17 balls....But the thing I wanted to share was AI hit a six off the "Dil Scoop", was really a wow moment for me, haven't seen anything like that before, it would be great if we could do something like that...

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Last edited:
^^^
For 1) it simulates the domestic tournament during ur INTL match days. So if it coincides with a county, you won't play that county match even if you are captaining the county side.

For 2) after 1.15.6 patch, you can choose the difficulty that you wish for all matches before you leave your career home page(where you see your stats, selection level etc) to the match.

awesome thanks mate. Will give the higher difficulty a go.

first post on here, so sorry if this has been covered. I'm two years in to a career as a spinning all rounder. Recently been called up to England, and cant time or even hit a shot for toffee! Is this due to being called up as an 18 year old? Lacking experience? Finding it frustrating! Haha. Cheers in advance.

Loving the patch 1.15.7 till now, in particular enjoy hitting offside than before.

We are chasing 280+ and we lost early wickets with 50/3. Got my 150 but have lost 5 partners already. Fortunately built very solid 140 runs partnership with Maxwell for 4th wicket but AI puts me on pressure scenario once again( lost 2 quick wickets for 2nd & 3rd + lost 2 wickets for 4th & 5th wkt ).

Still 80 more runs to go.. hopefully I can win match for my team. Sleepy eyes, saving and exiting for now, can't take any more pressure! :p

score2.jpg score1.jpg patch17.jpg

Loving the patch 1.15.7 till now, in particular enjoy hitting offside than before.

We are chasing 280+ and we lost early wickets with 50/3. Got my 150 but have lost 5 partners already. Fortunately built very solid 140 runs partnership with Maxwell for 4th wicket but AI puts me on pressure scenario once again( lost 2 quick wickets for 2nd & 3rd + lost 2 wickets for 4th & 5th wkt ).

Still 80 more runs to go.. hopefully I can win match for my team. Sleepy eyes, saving and exiting for now, can't take any more pressure! :p

I shouldn't have saved this match last night, resumed this morning with just around 80 to get from 20 overs with 5 wickets in hand & AI put me in more pressure as I lost my 6th partner. End up trying too much & lost my own wicket on 180 odd runs and my team did not make it in the end. WHAT A MATCH, though I felt so frustrated that I ran out of partners in other end.

Nevertheless, our team qualified for finals and won the shield as well. Got dismissed for 12 runs in finals though!! Ended up as third highest run scorer in the Australian domestic 50-overs cup. :D

loss.jpg

trophy.jpg

Attachments

• trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1
Couple of days ago I was batting on 90s all set for my 17th career century only for the AI to bowl a slower bouncer which I managed to misjudge timing and nicked the ball to keeper. Everyone starts to appeal but umpires says not out, I take a sigh of relief (completely forgetting about DRS) needless to say, AI takes the decision review immediately. Replay shows a thin edge, the decision is overturned and i go back to the dressing room, stunned. It felt so real and intense. That's why I love dbc, you won't see these incidents on any other game.

One of the best innings in career for me definitely, a very very patient innings...Pitch had extra bounce and AI were on full flow bowling bouncers well directed than even pull shot was hard...So started by leaving leaving leaving and single...So amazing feel because of the extra bounce I edged 5 deliveries within 11 runs scored....Was really challenging...I prefer not to play the cut shot to third man as its really easy shot and a getaway shot in the game,so that made it even better....

After a lot of leaving and singles and doubles just with one boundary reached an awesome 50...

2015-06-21_00001.jpg

Had 2 fifty partnership and one hundred partnership in that innings...Made it to the 80's confident of making another hundred but under edged one to the gully trying to play backfoot square shot....Was a great feel to the game and challenging one for sure...

2015-06-21_00002.jpg

well i am 16 and currently playing with durham in county cricket . very close to get selected in AUS ODI team

Scored 3 consecutive 50s in T20
1st 56(40) (got out on last ball of the innings)2015-06-22_00001.jpg

2nd 54(63) most ugliest innings of my dbc career(got out on last ball of innings)
twice bowled of no ball , couldn't capitalize on free hit on both occasions(kohli effect:D)
2015-06-23_00001.jpg 2015-06-23_00002.jpg

3rd 65(41)

2015-06-23_00003.jpg 2015-06-23_00004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread