How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I think Ross mentioned in the interview that you can select the era you are playing in? Like the year in which you start?

----------

Could we start off as a bowler, then we start scoring a ton of runs aswell as taking a heap of wickets could we somehow work a way to open the batting and bowling ? :)

Yes.

Could we start off as a bowler, then we start scoring a ton of runs aswell as taking a heap of wickets could we somehow work a way to open the batting and bowling ? :)

Yes you can start as a bowler and convert to a batsman or batting allrounder or even bowling allrounder just like real cricket....:yes

----------

I think Ross mentioned in the interview that you can select the era you are playing in? Like the year in which you start

Era in the sense in sepia mode playing with the old days cricketers teams...You can do so....:)

Do the players fall in and out of form?
e.g
You make a few tons then you start making low scores

This will be so bad if true I want my player to be mirror of my game play abilities if form is pushed on me and I will not be able to time the shots as per my timing it would be sad, but but but If it is something like you are in bad form and timing window is kind of reduced (which you can increase while timing the ball better in nets for specific amount of time) this would be cool.

nets only make you (the guy with the controller) better - they don't affect you the in-game character. this is confirmed - experience/form etc. comes from games played, not nets

Do the players fall in and out of form?
e.g
You make a few tons then you start making low scores

Yes the player can get in and out of form and even can be taken out of the team if performs extremely bad...:cheers

Would be good but should be very difficult to achieve

Was wondering if its possible in career mode to be playing test cricket at 17/18? If your good enough early in your career can this happen? I know its rare in real life but it has happened, not mentioning any names.

Was wondering if its possible in career mode to be playing test cricket at 17/18? If your good enough early in your career can this happen? I know its rare in real life but it has happened, not mentioning any names.

I doubt this very much, you will have to sustain scoring runs for a long time to be even considered getting into the test team. Also you start as no stars, and have to make your way to 4-5 stars, i doubt that will take only 1 year, id estimate at best, it would take at least 4-5 years....

This was answered by Ross a while ago. From memory it was something like very very very low chance to get to test level at any stage during your second year.. average should be about 5 years.

I think Ross mentioned in the interview that you can select the era you are playing in? Like the year in which you start?

----------

Yes.

I tell ya, it would be fantastic to start a career around the 1990's for the aussies

compete getting into the test teams against younger versions of Hayden, Slater, Elliot, Blewett, Martyn, Warnie etc etc

I wonder if this is possible?? It probaly wouldnt be wise though, but finally cracking into the test team with Waugh and Taylor etc etc would be awesome. but as i said, probaly wouldnt be wise trying to crack into that test team

so tell me, have people made all these gun players from the 1990's? like, if i am playing state cricket will i be playing against players like Jo Angel, Tom Moody, Jamie Siddons etc etc

Surely people havent made these players yet from this generation hence starting a career in the 1990's would be pointless wouldnt it?

I tell ya, it would be fantastic to start a career around the 1990's for the aussies

compete getting into the test teams against younger versions of Hayden, Slater, Elliot, Blewett, Martyn, Warnie etc etc

I wonder if this is possible?? It probaly wouldnt be wise though, but finally cracking into the test team with Waugh and Taylor etc etc would be awesome. but as i said, probaly wouldnt be wise trying to crack into that test team

so tell me, have people made all these gun players from the 1990's? like, if i am playing state cricket will i be playing against players like Jo Angel, Tom Moody, Jamie Siddons etc etc

Surely people havent made these players yet from this generation hence starting a career in the 1990's would be pointless wouldnt it?

Dude...whenever you get the time...do upload your videos as well :)! Would love to see them (infact eagerly waiting since 2 days to see them) :cheers

a lot of the test players are made, not so sure about the state/fringe international players.

i guess that's gonna be the hardest part of a career in previous eras, you're going to have to create a lot of new teams and players.

Users who are viewing this thread