How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I think I once I get a hold of the controls, I'll start my career in the late 90s. Would be exciting to play along Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman and against the great Aussie team

So say we're working off 5-6 years until you make the international side and roughly a game takes 20-60 minutes depending on how you perform, your role in the team and what you sim.

That could mean about 50 hours gameplay before you're even in the national side

I daresay it will have plenty of longevity.

So say we're working off 5-6 years until you make the international side and roughly a game takes 20-60 minutes depending on how you perform, your role in the team and what you sim.

That could mean about 50 hours gameplay before you're even in the national side

I daresay it will have plenty of longevity.

If you are a batsmen who chooses to sim their fielding, a game could easily last less than 5 minutes. I quite like that as it means that we only get one chance at a big game, and you'd be gutted getting out. I'd also imagine being an all rounder, on a good day, a game could last a long time.

I'd assume that being a player in the English rather than Australian domestic system will be harder, as there are more games. By my calculations, it could even be up to 70 hours before getting in the England side.

Last edited:
[/COLOR]I was also thinking, would it be wise to start your career in say, 2005-2008, this would then give you 5 years of getting into a situation where you might be on the fringe of making the international sides by 2013, and a better chance to play with the current stars??

The good/bad spanner into the works is that I'm pretty sure that AI player progression through a career is a bit random/dependant on the individual AI players. Chances are not all the current internationals will make it to the test sides unless the coin falls their way as you progress.

I would like to play as Sachin from 1989 as a 16 year old and try to live the journey of a legend through virtual gaming....:thumbs:cheers

I would like to play as Sachin from 1989 as a 16 year old and try to live the journey of a legend through virtual gaming....:thumbs:cheers

Just make sure you play the game on very easy, because Tendulkar always made it look that way.

If you are a batsmen who chooses to sim their fielding, a game could easily last less than 5 minutes. I quite like that as it means that we only get one chance at a big game, and you'd be gutted getting out. I'd also imagine being an all rounder, on a good day, a game could last a long time.

I'd assume that being a player in the English rather than Australian domestic system will be harder, as there are more games. By my calculations, it could even be up to 70 hours before getting in the England side.

I think the first time I play through career mode, I will just be a batsman. The 2nd time round(which could be a month later) I will go for a bowling allrounder. I think you will put much more effort into your batting if you know your game could be over in the next minute. Its different when you play as the whole team cause 1 wicket is not such a big difference, but when it is YOUR only wicket for the game... This is where it gets interesting.

Don't think this has been asked, I apologise if it has.

If you are at level 5 on career mode and you wish to play only one form or not play one form of cricket e.g. Tests will you be able to make yourself unavailable for selection?

I think the first time I play through career mode, I will just be a batsman. The 2nd time round(which could be a month later) I will go for a bowling allrounder. I think you will put much more effort into your batting if you know your game could be over in the next minute. Its different when you play as the whole team cause 1 wicket is not such a big difference, but when it is YOUR only wicket for the game... This is where it gets interesting.

On the old cricket games I would just slog with my first five batsmen, and only at about 6 down I would start playing properly. It's great that we now need to protect our wicket.

I think it makes it a lot more realistic because instead of slogging with 5 batsman and going at a run rat of 15 runs an over, you now have to balance aggression with defence. You have to play according to the match status. e.g. if your team is 30/4 you have to consolidate and play a bit conservatively (unless you are Afridi). Makes it close to real life.

Don't think this has been asked, I apologise if it has.

If you are at level 5 on career mode and you wish to play only one form or not play one form of cricket e.g. Tests will you be able to make yourself unavailable for selection?

Great question mate, not sure how in depth the career mode is to be honest. To be honest this is the part of the game that could go so far, maybe a online career mode for the future but that would take so much work.

When Matt was selecting the base team, there wasn't any available apart from the County and Shield teams. Unless I'm missing something, are we still expecting the career mode to include any nation apart from England and Australia?

Faintly remember a discussion about this not being there? I hope I'm wrong though!

When Matt was selecting the base team, there wasn't any available apart from the County and Shield teams. Unless I'm missing something, are we still expecting the career mode to include any nation apart from England and Australia?

Faintly remember a discussion about this not being there? I hope I'm wrong though!

It's been said that you'll need to create an actual league that a career mode in another country can be in. There was another thread where they were working out exactly the set up of all the other cricketing nations (the reason why Big Ant didn't include it is simply as they did not have the data or knowledge). Hopefully this will be a first day patch or simply a auto-download from CA.

It's been said that you'll need to create an actual league that a career mode in another country can be in. There was another thread where they were working out exactly the set up of all the other cricketing nations (the reason why Big Ant didn't include it is simply as they did not have the data or knowledge). Hopefully this will be a first day patch or simply a auto-download from CA.

In short, creating the whole structure for career mode?
That would be amazing :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread