How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
In short, creating the whole structure for career mode?
That would be amazing :eek:

Although it has been said by BigAnt, we don't have any clarity on how that can be done in the game/CA. I was specifically looking at MattW's career mode video showing the menus but I couldn't find anything that would allow customisation. I am eagerly awaiting more details on that.

I was specifically looking at MattW's career mode video showing the menus but I couldn't find anything that would allow customisation
I posted an image somewhere of the menu option for 'Career Team Lists' that lets you set 'Which teams take part in which competitions'.

I'd imagine that builds off the top of the option to create competition templates - so I'd say you would start by selecting particular teams and forming a group with them, and then assign them the competitions from templates (which likely rules out tiered competitions) as to what matches that group of teams would play.

The custom tournaments/career lists aren't shareable in the release version of the game.

I think the first time I play through career mode, I will just be a batsman. The 2nd time round(which could be a month later) I will go for a bowling allrounder. I think you will put much more effort into your batting if you know your game could be over in the next minute. Its different when you play as the whole team cause 1 wicket is not such a big difference, but when it is YOUR only wicket for the game... This is where it gets interesting.

That, in a nutshell, is exactly what excites me most about the career mode.

----------

I posted an image somewhere of the menu option for 'Career Team Lists' that lets you set 'Which teams take part in which competitions'.

I'd imagine that builds off the top of the option to create competition templates - so I'd say you would start by selecting particular teams and forming a group with them, and then assign them the competitions from templates (which likely rules out tiered competitions) as to what matches that group of teams would play.

The custom tournaments/career lists aren't shareable in the release version of the game.

that's SUCH a good feature. though it would require plenty of work in setting up the teams etc. it means you can play any career you want.

at some point i'd love to play an old career, but the amount of work required to set up the career teams and structure - e.g. to try and get into the 1920s England team with Sutcliffe and Hobbs - would mean it's not something you can just do on a whim. you'd probably need to partner up with others interested in the same thing and share the workload

Last edited:

Sounds good. It would be great if you can get more details on this during your visit to BigAnt's studio :)

Sounds good. It would be great if you can get more details on this during your visit to BigAnt's studio :)

Is that still happening? I mean we received a lot of info from Matt already. Or is this more for a full blown review?

BigAnt has done almost everything right about the career mode to be fun. But what is has done about longevity will be the question. What makes you take the field game after game and have the hunger to perform better. To break records and to become a legend player one day.
How will it reward the effort you put in the long run will be what I'll be looking forward to most.

Is that still happening? I mean we received a lot of info from Matt already. Or is this more for a full blown review?

Matt is expected to visit BigAnt Studios (in the next few weeks) for a exclusive game time with DBC14.

BigAnt has done almost everything right about the career mode to be fun. But what is has done about longevity will be the question. What makes you take the field game after game and have the hunger to perform better. To break records and to become a legend player one day.
How will it reward the effort you put in the long run will be what I'll be looking forward to most.

I want it to be seriously hard to break into the national side. not saying i want a Stuart Law type career, but i don't want to be in the national team too easily.

I've not spotted this asked before...
How does difficulty level work in career mode? Do you pick a level at the start or before each match? Or is it like PES where you can change it at the end of a season?

Ross: In career mode will the game start with very easy level and difficulty is increased as you rise up to next levels??:)

Competition should be tougher as your players grows and moves up the levels.

Here I would like to have same difficulty over complete career with an option to change somewhere in between if I feel it getting too easy. But with my reflexes :( I do not want it increase difficulty automatically so that a stage comes where I have to quit career as it becomes too hard to play.

Users who are viewing this thread