How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Here I would like to have same difficulty over complete career with an option to change somewhere in between if I feel it getting too easy. But with my reflexes :( I do not want it increase difficulty automatically so that a stage comes where I have to quit career as it becomes too hard to play.

For such problems there is Practice mode in the game....Set at any level and try to play...Over time you will start to get used to higher difficulty....:thumbs

Competition should be tougher as your players grows and moves up the levels.

It would get tougher anyway even within the levels as you play against better players.
I see what you're saying. If we have say difficulty levels 1-3, 1 would be where you first start, 2 would be a top domestic side and 3 would be international but I'm not totally sure that would work. I think it would be better for it to get harder within the level you're in. Otherwise you're saying that you can only play international cricket on the hardest difficulty which some (most?) people would find too tough.

One thing I like about Be a Pro is that you can start your reserve team career on a really high difficulty and it's genuinely hard to break into the first team.

Getting the feel of career mode watching India vs West Indies match where Rohit is guiding Shami....Feels similar to career mode..:D

I see what you're saying. If we have say difficulty levels 1-3, 1 would be where you first start, 2 would be a top domestic side and 3 would be international but I'm not totally sure that would work. I think it would be better for it to get harder within the level you're in. Otherwise you're saying that you can only play international cricket on the hardest difficulty which some (most?) people would find too tough.

One thing I like about Be a Pro is that you can start your reserve team career on a really high difficulty and it's genuinely hard to break into the first team.

Yeah! this is what I meant :yes . If you take example of Top Spin 4 I can can play whole career in easy mode but here difficulty increases in terms of opponent you play. Initially some level 2-4 random player and later on level 20 players like Nadal, Federer etc.

I just wanted to know that when we start our career are we directly placed in a domestic team or we have to achieve something or score some points to get into the team?? Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but there are just too many posts in this forum, hard to find if it has been answered or not.

A quick question, as captain can you change your batting position. E.g. if your an opener captain but a talented other opener cant get in the team because of you can you move to num.3 in the batting line up, and as captain do you pick all the bowlers too bowl a certain over?

Andd do ai players retire as well

----------

Forgot to ask, are there ranking tables for batsmen bowlers etv. Like icc player rankings

Problem with easy level in early career means it will be easier for you to get into international side but harder for you to stay on the international side.

But thing is, as a kid playing for your school or a pro playing for county/city, it is not exactly easy either unless you are exceptionally talented. With most players you will see they have pretty much the same first class and test average.

To counter it best would be to make it skill based. You choose a difficulty level at the beginning of the career, and it will be constantly that during the entire career.

So if i choose to play career in hard mode, every stage should be hard...skills of the batsman (skills gained) is what will determine how hard it is.

My understanding is that difficulty should be 'adaptive' in that the game will change the difficulty based on your performances in such a way that it would be high enough that it's a challenge but not too hard that you can't play.

It's not an area of the game I looked at, perhaps there's a manual difficulty setting somewhere, but as shown in the career mode setup video, there isn't an upfront option for career difficulty.

wasn't the leaderboard supposed to be weighted according to difficulty? which would imply there must be manual control over difficulty in career?

My understanding is that difficulty should be 'adaptive' in that the game will change the difficulty based on your performances in such a way that it would be high enough that it's a challenge but not too hard that you can't play.

It's not an area of the game I looked at, perhaps there's a manual difficulty setting somewhere, but as shown in the career mode setup video, there isn't an upfront option for career difficulty.

Games with "Adaptive" difficulty don't ask you to choose a difficulty level at the start, or they specifically ask you to select an option for adaptive AI. For example, on madden (Madden 10 IIRC, don't recall seeing it on Madden 13) you could select Adaptive/custom difficulty level and depending how you play, AI's difficulty level is adjusted accordingly for various aspects of gameplay. You may be at "All Madden" level for passing, "All Pro" for pass defense, "Rookie" for running and "Pro" level for running defense.

This approach really does add a lot to longevity as AI always plays tough and there are hardly any blowouts. In cricketing terms it would be great if AI can adjust difficulty levels for batting, bowling and fielding independent of each other. I mean if I'm proficient in batting but struggle at bowling and absolutely suck at fielding I would prefer to bat at "Veteran", bowl at "Pro" and field at "Village" level.

Such a fresh, original joke that has certainly never been made before...

Users who are viewing this thread