How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Is there a chance that if you can't crack your own national team, you can change and play for another country ? Eg. KP, trott... :lol

There's a very good article in the cricketer about nationalism and how many players are plying their trade for nations not of their birth. I believe only India, Pakistan Sri Lanka windies zimbabwe and Bangladesh have all home grown players!!
Aus hav usman kawaja and fawad Ahmed
NZ brownlie, watling, Elliot and Wagner.
SA imran tahir
And we have 11 across the formats, which could be more if robson gets a call up!!

I know this is wishful thinking but can your batting position be changed by the coach? eg. like Michael Hussey...opens for WA, No 5 for Aust test team? or does DB14 just keep your position the same? From memory, you choose a range right? ie. top order (1,2,3), middle order (4,5,6), etc so you can fill any of those slots.

Would be good if you started as a middle order but the coach decides to put you in to open or come in at first drop.

I know this is wishful thinking but can your batting position be changed by the coach? eg. like Michael Hussey...opens for WA, No 5 for Aust test team? or does DB14 just keep your position the same? From memory, you choose a range right? ie. top order (1,2,3), middle order (4,5,6), etc so you can fill any of those slots.

Would be good if you started as a middle order but the coach decides to put you in to open or come in at first drop.

I would love the game more if that be true

There's a very good article in the cricketer about nationalism and how many players are plying their trade for nations not of their birth. I believe only India, Pakistan Sri Lanka windies zimbabwe and Bangladesh have all home grown players!!
Aus hav usman kawaja and fawad Ahmed
NZ brownlie, watling, Elliot and Wagner.
SA imran tahir
And we have 11 across the formats, which could be more if robson gets a call up!!

That's because people emigrate from those countries to England, Australia and New Zealand, not the other way around.

I can completely understand people leaving their homeland for a better life, or work abroad for better money, as I've worked in a lot of different countries and some of those i wished i couldve stayed, but I'm not sure I understand why kiwis, Aussies and saffers come here to play cricket, surely they have better coaching, weather and all that. Money isn't everything!

I can completely understand people leaving their homeland for a better life, or work abroad for better money, as I've worked in a lot of different countries and some of those i wished i couldve stayed, but I'm not sure I understand why kiwis, Aussies and saffers come here to play cricket, surely they have better coaching, weather and all that. Money isn't everything!

18 professional teams AJ, none of the other countries have anything like that. So you actually have a better chance to make a pro career here, whereas there they might end up not even in the sport.

What I meant more than why do they come here, (I understand they have more chance of first class cricket here,) but more why do they choose to play for us? Stokes had been here since he was 12 I know but once they're playing well enough for an England call up, surely they're good enough for international call ups at home?? I know the last series was a shocker performance wise from us but before that you would've though it'd be easier to get into the kiwi or Aussie side than ours? Sam Robson for instance, looking at Cook and Root v Rogers and Warner? You'd think he had more chance of replacing Rogers at 36! And stokes would be a star turn for the kiwis whereas he'll probably get pissed about by England! Is it that playing for your country isn't as important, is money more important than your nationality, are we to go down the route of football where your club is more important, or playing in a national team is more akin to playing county cricket? Personally if I couldn't play for England, I wouldn't go play for Scotland or Norway or France(from which I have ancestry), I'm English!! Jack wilshere upset a lot of people when he made his comments, but I kinda agree with him! If you're from mixed parentage I can understand you making a choice, but if your not at least half English you shouldn't play for England!! It was different during the apartheid, but playing for us cos you're not good enough for your own team, is just going to screw up the development of youngsters just as it is in football.

Last edited:
Had to stop after your first sentence

Sure you made some goods points though :p

Who doesn't want to be a West Indian fast bowler though? This is your chance to make that happen.

Stokes was the only one in the England team who showed a bit of fight in the Ashes, look at how he squared up to Johnson and of course his century on a tricky wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread