How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I got 54 in my first inning and right now I'm 68 n.o in the second inning. They gave me two lives in a row, and i decided to save it and check the forum instead because I was losing concentration :lol

I'm about to make my Australian debut in an ODI series against the West Indies. I'm still in my second year. I wonder how hard veteran will be. @MattW how hard is batting?

EDIT: I'm a bowling allrounder who bats at 7. I've been selected for my bowling yet didn't get a bowl. Seems odd. About to bat now.

EDIT EDIT: Before I got the chance to bat, I decided to restart my system so it would take me back to before the game to see if the same thing would happen again. I just got given the ball at only the 13 over mark. Weird again.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: And first ball I took a wicket. The commentary was good here having a big long statement about how it was my first ODI wicket and that there would hopefully be plenty more to come or something like that. Captured the atmosphere perfectly.

Ended up getting 6/16 and the MOTM award.

Last edited:
I'm the happiest dad in the world - my kids went out and bought me not only DBC14 but also borrowed someone else's 2nd hand xbox 360 to play it on! :thumbs

On that note, I finally started my career as a batting allrounder for the Qld Bulls (bat @ #4 , wrist spinner) - played 2 games (Vic, WA I think), got 4 ducks but about 12 wickets in (3 in the first game, 8 in the 2nd incl a 5-fer). Playing on Veteran (yes I know its harder, but I love a good challenge).

All I can say is WOW :eek:

My only issues are:

1. my fields get reset from time to time - I don't know if thats a bug or maybe the Captains' perogative (I'm assuming the latter); and
2. the unbelievable accuracy of fielders throwing at the stumps (about to be fixed I understand).

The bowling has to be fixed. Make it so you need a little skill to get some wickets. Batting is really good if maybe a tad too hard. Very rewarding though.

I love a good challenge - if I learn something and get over the challenge, I lose interest very quickly. DB14 is going to keep me interested for a while. BigAnt, you guys are friggin Legends!

I still chuckle that people a) thought batting was going to be easy.. and b) there is such a difference between those that are loving the difficulty of batting and those that hate it.

It's not perfect, could be better if the AI reacted and just put 8 people on the on side and forced people to play on the off side. I actually force myself to do this if the gap is more attractive on the off and it really does make batting more enjoyable and fulfilling when you pull off a great square drive for four.

I'm about to make my Australian debut in an ODI series against the West Indies. I'm still in my second year. I wonder how hard veteran will be. @MattW how hard is batting?

EDIT: I'm a bowling allrounder who bats at 7. I've been selected for my bowling yet didn't get a bowl. Seems odd. About to bat now.

EDIT EDIT: Before I got the chance to bat, I decided to restart my system so it would take me back to before the game to see if the same thing would happen again. I just got given the ball at only the 13 over mark. Weird again.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: And first ball I took a wicket. The commentary was good here having a big long statement about how it was my first ODI wicket and that there would hopefully be plenty more to come or something like that. Captured the atmosphere perfectly.

Ended up getting 6/16 and the MOTM award.

is it more bowler earning a wicket or batsman giving it away cheaply?

is it more bowler earning a wicket or batsman giving it away cheaply?

Mostly the latter. I'll bowl consistently good areas, but they are still throwing away their wickets. Lots of catches. I've only played two ODIs though, haven't played any tests. Batting is a real challenge, the way it should be.

It would be interesting to see how many of the people finding bowling too easy are using the HUD. I suggest people take it off as soon as possible. We all need to give up the training wheels eventually. I wonder if it would have been better not to have the HUD available for Pro. I think the HUD is a hindrance to people getting better at bowling.

Now that the patch is out I've started a new career as a pure batsman. Now that my batting is improved and I can spend longer at the crease, matches just take too long if I bat and bow.

It would be interesting to see how many of the people finding bowling too easy are using the HUD. I suggest people take it off as soon as possible. We all need to give up the training wheels eventually. I wonder if it would have been better not to have the HUD available for Pro. I think the HUD is a hindrance to people getting better at bowling.

Now that the patch is out I've started a new career as a pure batsman. Now that my batting is improved and I can spend longer at the crease, matches just take too long if I bat and bow.

You'll still have to bowl be a batsman- keeper and you simulate the keeping and you don't bowl. :D

I have to say that the brief moment each year of the career where you play T20 has to be my favourite part of the career mode.

The ladder had three teams tied for 4th place before the match - needed a win to qualify for the finals. I get the ball in the last over - they needed 10 runs to win, managed to get two wickets in a row on the fourth and fifth ball of the over to get a 5 wicket haul and the man of the match - unfortunately the last ball was a dot ball so I didn't get the hattrick, but meh.

So another season and another match against the Brisbane Heat in the semi-finals to lose.

Yep. It's fine though, pretty easy to get used to.

That's cool. I wasn't moaning I just wanted to understand what exactly changed. I've barely done any bowling so far but I'm sure once I do I'll get used to it in no time. Cheers.

Was building up a massive 6 run innings, got out LBW -
qHOzEbN.jpg

sPkaIcm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread