How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
but does it go all the way up? or will your international mode on career be harder than mine because I started on pro?

I agree with you, the balance is off, it's really too easy, which is why I'm annoyed if it's going to remain this easy because I've invested about 20 hours in this career already.

I don't mind though if it's just means I'll skip county stuff, I'm finding bowling 40 overs a match for middlesex a bit tedious anyway.

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You can't simulate past your involvement. You can forfeit matches to skip them, but otherwise you need to play everything.

I just finished my fifth year of my career - as a bowler starting on Veteran difficulty - I'm sure I've put 50+ hours into it (any chance of including a counter @BigAntStudios?), helped by vacation time just as the game came out and a bunch of late nights.

Others, might just be playing as bowlers on the Pro difficulty, rolling teams out for 40, having no real challenge and racking up the points in a short space of time.

---

Anyway, speaking of finishing my fifth year - I just won the Sheffield Shield, though didn't realise it until the match finished and there was the ceremony.

kpQ3f6k.jpg

Still quite a distance off selection - had a comparatively bad year, only adding ~6000 points, with no MOTMs and only one 5 wicket haul. My stats are great though - in FC I lead the competition on strike rate and average.

Now i got it why you wear spectacles.Dont play late-night and eat green veggies. :lol

sid8491

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
what kind of player should I choose if I only want to bowl few overs per match and be a batsman mainly. if I choose all rounder then I have to bowl 10 overs in ODI match, and if I choose batsman only then they don't give me bowling.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
so got a contract now with sydney for BBL!!!

at end of the english season, 3rd year stats are (comparison of end of season 2 stats as well)

FC bat - 32 matches, 63 inns, 466 runs at 7.52, 1 fifty, HS 61, SR 85.81
FC bowl - 3 wickets at 30.33, economy 4.13, SR 44
FC bat - 48 matches, 94 inns, 1107 runs at 11.9, 3 fifties, HS 61, SR 115.43
FC bowl - 7 wickets at 18.42, economy 3.30, SR 33.42

List A bat - 25 matches, 25 inns, 236 @ 9.44, HS 43, SR 117.99
List A bowl - 19 @ 5.36, econ 3.06, SR 10.52
List A bat - 37 matches, 37 inns, 519 @ 14.03, HS 47, SR 141.03
List A bowl - 27 @ 5.88, econ 3.26, SR 10.81

t20 bat - 21 matches, 1 NO, 21 inns, 311 @ 15.55, 2 fifties, HS 59*, SR 144.65
t20 bowl - 6 @ 10.83, econ 4.58, SR 14.16
t20 bat - 32 matches, 32 inns, 2 NO, 644 @ 21.47, 5 fifties, HS 75*, SR 156.69
t20 bowl - 14 @ 6.35, econ 4.10, SR 9.28

so ultimately sort of a breakthrough season - over 600 runs at 20 for the FC season!! gutted to get out again on 61 and not improve FC high score, but really glad to get 2 more 50s plus a couple of 40s and make a big improvement on the average in all formats.

still 1 helmet :(

major disappointment that there was nothing in the game in terms of announcement or achievement for reaching 1000 runs in first class cricket - though i had the commentary off, maybe they would have said something.

looking forward to the BBL!

chrisp

School Cricketer
Career Mode Difficulty, Bowling

Anyone represented their country yet, if so does the difficulty increase? I'm in my 2nd year in the Aus domestic comp as a leg spinner. taken over 120 wickets at 6 finding i need a new challenge but have put too many hours in to restart my career.

Yogs

School Cricketer
Dhoni not captain of ODI

Hi....I finally got selected to play for India in ODI for my career player...but Dhoni is not the captain, Karthik is and its not what I want...
I went ahead and changed the lineup of team India, so that Dhoni is captain, but that did not do a thing!!!!

can someone please give me a pointer as to how can I make Dhoni a captain for India in career mode, or atleast include him in the team..

sid8491

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
wow... just made 48 runs in ODI match against SUSSEX in 31 balls. got run out due to nervousness and pressure. feeling annoyed that I could have made my 1st fifty, but also feeling very happy that I made this much.
no other cricket game can make us nervous and happy while batting only this one can.
cheers to best cricket game ever. :cheers
cheers to big ant :cheers

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just finished my first game in career, leg spin bowler bat no 10. Two 5 wicket hauls 11 wickets in the match, and a 34 in my first knock!! Motm and "a good start" achievement" helping Middlesex to a 3 wicket win!! Happy days!!

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ran myself out for a golden duck in a 50 over match last night.. going for a single when it so wasn't on.. sigh

Legend difficulty is punishing.. really is. Very tempted to just to Veteran when I start on PC version when it comes out.. at least give me something to be able to replay upwards on next career run.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
but does it go all the way up? or will your international mode on career be harder than mine because I started on pro?
Not sure - haven't made it that far, and I probably wouldn't be able to tell - there's no HUD difference between Veteran and Legend.

I'd assume it will, but by the time I get there I'm sure I'll be good enough with the controls to play at Legend.

---

Just got a new high score batting - 35! That's 10 more than my previous high score, so hopefully that first 50 isn't too far off. Got out after a field change - was trying to do a late flick, but mistimed and got bowled.

The guy down the other end was playing well, so managed to get a 50 partnership.

Hopefully I can start improving my absolutely terrible batting average, instead of getting just one decent score a season.

smasta

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
major disappointment that there was nothing in the game in terms of announcement or achievement for reaching 1000 runs in first class cricket - though i had the commentary off, maybe they would have said something.
looking forward to the BBL!

As I remember from my career, once you will reach 2000 runs you will receive 'career batsman' trophy and similarly 'career bowler' with 100 wicket. Nothing else happens except this, not even commentator says anything.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I've heard the '1000 runs in this format' kind of commentary for other players on the team, so it exists.

Users who are viewing this thread