How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Playing a career on veteran as a bowler - what type of bowling averages do you see? Is it still unrealistically low like on Pro? (eg: 4.80 runs/wicket).

What is it with Australian Pitches I am really struggling to bat/convert my starts on those condition, an average of 33 after 12 innings with just one fifty and got out on 40s so many times.

Compare this to my English P40 where i had 1100 after 23 innings with 2 hundreds and 9 fifties.

Hi....I finally got selected to play for India in ODI for my career player...but Dhoni is not the captain, Karthik is and its not what I want...
I went ahead and changed the lineup of team India, so that Dhoni is captain, but that did not do a thing!!!!

can someone please give me a pointer as to how can I make Dhoni a captain for India in career mode, or atleast include him in the team..

The way career mode works, it takes a snapshot of the teams as they are when you start the career. Then, whatever team you play for you automatically replace whoever bats at that position in that side.

So it sounds like your batting position is the same as Dhoni so you've replaced him in the side so the captaincy (and wicket keeping) will have been assigned to other players.

Unfortunately there's no way to fix it without starting a new career and either after moving Dhoni to a different place in the batting order in CA or choosing a different place for yourself.

Just got a new high score batting - 35! That's 10 more than my previous high score, so hopefully that first 50 isn't too far off. Got out after a field change - was trying to do a late flick, but mistimed and got bowled.
Just a follow up to this - ended the match and was suddenly 'Very Close' to County Championship selection, the next match, I didn't have much luck, only getting 1 wicket in the first innings and didn't bowl in the second, and scored 0 and 6 - then back down to 'Getting Attention'.

It should just say 'Long way off' and stop giving me hope :(

As I remember from my career, once you will reach 2000 runs you will receive 'career batsman' trophy and similarly 'career bowler' with 100 wicket. Nothing else happens except this, not even commentator says anything.

yeah i got the acheivement, was disappointed it was for runs across formats, i'd prefer achievement for a single format.

----------

@blockerdave
commentator said for me when i crossed 2000 runs

i'll make sure i have commentary on next time i approach a milestone :)

----------

Just a follow up to this - ended the match and was suddenly 'Very Close' to County Championship selection, the next match, I didn't have much luck, only getting 1 wicket in the first innings and didn't bowl in the second, and scored 0 and 6 - then back down to 'Getting Attention'.

It should just say 'Long way off' and stop giving me hope :(

i seem to have got selected for BBL from "very close", didn't have any "expecting selection" etc. just played my last county championship game and instead of the message to go to next year i got one offering me contracts from brisbane, melbourne and sydney. i went with sydney because i thought that was where neighbours was set/filmed, and i was hoping to meet Joe Mangel and maybe have a brief affair with Charlene. then i discovered neighbours is actually a melbourne production, so i'm regretting not doing my research.

Last edited:
again got close to fifty in ODI. got out on 45. however in test match I can't score above 10 in any match.
in my 1st year, only played ODI and test match.

3 games into career, 23 wickets in 1st class and 3 in list a. Only batted twice so far but managed 34 and 21, av 27.5 with bat in 1st class, haven't had to bat in list a yet. 2 10 wkt hauls in 2 matches, where's my test call up!!!!! Middlesex top of county champs and one day comp albeit early in the season!! Love this game!!!

OMG someone tell me if there are world cups in the career mode? ... :x

International matches really are such a step up, into my 4th season and domestically i do so well. But trying to even get runs at international is such an effort but as difficult as it is, definitely makes you want to play more.

I'm watching my stats on my guy and he's nearly 90% completed the "front foot" skill bar. I'm waiting till its 100%, has anyone maxed out any of their skill sets yet?

I'm sure that I've maxed out my seam bowling skill, but I keep getting the skill point popups for it in match. Hopefully that builds up as a buffer so that if I ever get a net negative out of a match that it stays totally full.

I've got three of the other bars to half way, just my slower ball skill is pitiful - I can't build up skills there because a bad slower ball usually gets smashed, and when you have low skills, most of your slower balls are bad.

I'm sure that I've maxed out my seam bowling skill, but I keep getting the skill point popups for it in match. Hopefully that builds up as a buffer so that if I ever get a net negative out of a match that it stays totally full.

I've got three of the other bars to half way, just my slower ball skill is pitiful - I can't build up skills there because a bad slower ball usually gets smashed, and when you have low skills, most of your slower balls are bad.

know how you feel, about halfway into my 3rd season i realised i play front foot way too much and didnt get any backfoot shots in so just started playing longer formats and batting purposely on the backfoot to get those kinda skills up.

Also purposely playing more off side to get that up too just so i'm not completely dominant on just one skill

Users who are viewing this thread