How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Started a new career today at legend level...Got 5 wicket haul in the first match..The game feels really good to play at legend level...Though they drop some easy chances...Other than that its interesting....:)

This is really annoying though. How did they make a career mode? and did not put in a world cup.. there basically is not an incentive really to play.., well We all make it to the international level. But Team rankings and World cup or Champion trophy should be in the game.

I am still a 16 year old, but it's just puzzling how they missed such a basic concept.

I'm sure that I've maxed out my seam bowling skill, but I keep getting the skill point popups for it in match. Hopefully that builds up as a buffer so that if I ever get a net negative out of a match that it stays totally full.

I've got three of the other bars to half way, just my slower ball skill is pitiful - I can't build up skills there because a bad slower ball usually gets smashed, and when you have low skills, most of your slower balls are bad.

I've picked up a few wickets with bad balls, give it a go mattw they're not going to get any better if you don't practice them!!

I've picked up a few wickets with bad balls, give it a go mattw they're not going to get any better if you don't practice them!!
Yeah, I do get the occasional wicket with a slower ball, but the main way of getting those points up is getting a lot of those 1 point for good overs - but you never really bowl more than one slower ball in an over - because of how you use them. As such, it's pretty much only wickets that I get points on my slower ball skill.

It is of course fun getting those wickets when you've tried absolutely everything and then just throw down something crazy on the odd chance. I've had a few wickets that way - which usually turn my luck around for more conventional dismissals in the rest of the spell.

One thing I realized while playing this game - NEVER hurry up in thoughts to play a quick career match with assumptions to play for additional 5 or 10 minutes, I only get out whenever I do that.

Last night spent 2 hours without any additional thoughts, my career boy arrived at 3/20+ score and I decided to try taking charge of the situation by retaining most of the strikes. This kind of worked out in building partnerships( i.e. instead of allowing AI most of the strikes which end up in suicide, we can confidently try to retain most of the strikes ).

Reached my second century in this OD match, and without seeing any scores and partnership records - I just kept continuing and utilized 3 free hits( luckily, managed to pull all of them to 6! ) and marched towards my unexpected 200 knock in OD. :eek:

Just cannot believe that I reached 200 in OD match! :eek: Also noted that my partner( with whom I am having 150+ runs partnership ) has started to play defensive mode and for the first time I am batting on 35th over of the game. Not sure whether I can stay till 50th over, but let me see where I end up with! My previous best was 123 runs that I got dismissed during 25th over.

• So this takes my OD stats of just over first year with 2 OD 100's and 1 50's with bat while around 20-25 wickets only with ball.
  • And with respect to test stats, my boy is on 4 50's. and 0 100's with bat and 100+ wickets with ball.
  • Expecting selection for English County, Very Close for English OD and fair way to Indian test side.

Done with my match. Didn't last long after 200, got dismissed for 215. Looks like its my day for my career player - grabbed his best OD figures in bowling too, 6/6. Dominating day for Sanjay Rahul!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
wow, i just realized that we can see the stamina and confidence of current bowler and batsman. i didn't know that. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20140502_131659.jpg
    IMG_20140502_131659.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 10
first BBL season I got 164 runs @ 23.43 and top score of 45

not bad, would have liked to have done better.

into year 4!

Happy and Annoyed ATM

Got FC 76 and 42 and in both innings got out in most terrible manner once wicket keeper pushed me out and stumped me on 76 and 2nd innings got caught after my sweetly times cover drive bounced from knee of silly midoff fielders knee and caught by bowler. I would have been satisfied if the fielder would have ended his career while trying to do so but rascal went on celebrating like nothing happened.

Anyways
In my first year
FC avg moved to 20
List A still horrible 14
And Bigbash is finished with me scoring 3 50s and 1 100 and avg of 46 with Sr of 190.

Just carried my bat through the innings to save my first game for Surrey
against Sussex. We were well behind and literally needed a miracle after a mini collapse saw us faltering at 54/4. I batted the two and a half sessions to finish 136*(186) and ensure the draw. Didn't get MOTM due to a 90* from Wells in their second innings. The realism of batting in the second innings scraping for a draw was fantastic.

Argh. Just got out 3 runs short of my 150 and 9 short of a 200 partnership. Middled a leg flick straight to deep square leg.

On the plus side that was my first ever career 100 (66 balls) so I'm pretty happy all things considered. EDIT - and we won by an innings and 88 runs, and I got MOTM too. Huzzah!

For the third time, my career has vanished.

It still shows as being on the hard drive, but the game wont recognise it being there and has no careers that I can continue.

I was doing so well too, was in 2nd seasons and very close to ODI team and had made Aus50, BBL and IPL purely as a batter

SO ANNOYED

For the third time, my career has vanished.

It still shows as being on the hard drive, but the game wont recognise it being there and has no careers that I can continue.

I was doing so well too, was in 2nd seasons and very close to ODI team and had made Aus50, BBL and IPL purely as a batter

SO ANNOYED

In case this ever happens to me I save my save file wry few games on a USB stick

Just finished the tour vs South Africa. We lost the Test series 3-2, due to a typical Australian batting collapse in the second innings in the fifth test when we were trying to set a sizable target.

We won the ODI series 2-1 and T20 series 3-0 but my bowling was far from where it should have been. Played the English T20 league before we got knocked out in the semi finals by Essex.

Before I went to bed last night was 'picked' to play a tour against Sri Lanka, currently playing the first of a two test series. I feel kind of bad for my county team (Yorkshire) I've been made captain of all formats and I've only played one FC game for them this year and a T20 series.

Approaching my second fifty in as many seasons, out on 49. So so painful

Users who are viewing this thread