How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Finished off the night with 84 and 122 in the one dayers for the vics, i can go to bed happy here!!

Picked up my level 3 helmet! Probably won't improve my batting capabilities though... it does look pretty just floating there all red and such.

Currently in my 2nd season of the IPL, captaining Hyderabad this time around and sitting second on the ladder only losing one game thus far (up to round 8) currently also the leading wicket taker overall with 16 wickets at an average of 7.75

I feel like I could probably go veteran or legend difficulty in terms of bowling capability since I'm only playing on Pro. Especially when I look at my stats

T20 (Domestic): 87 Matches, 230 Wickets at 7.14, BBM 7/18
List A: 49 Matches, 182 Wickets at 9.13, BBM 9/35
First Class: 45 Matches, 340 Wickets at 6.86, BBI 7/12, BBM 14/30
T20I (International): 20 Games, 44 Wickets at 8.63, BBM 4/7
ODI: 20 Games, 54 Wickets at 16.37, BBM 5/25
Test: 12 Games, 58 Wickets at 11.25, BBI 5/19 BBM 7/43

so finished my 1st international series, a 3 T20I match series for England vs Zimbabwe, scored 8, 61* and 41 for stats of

T20I Bat: Matches 3, Inns 3, Not Out 1, Runs 110, 50s 1, HS 61*, Ave 55, SR 157.14

Pretty happy with that. Got MOTM for the 61* too.

Weird though that the T20 series supposedly in England happened in the middle of the Aus 50 Over Comp!

Pretty happy to be playing purely as a batter and get International Selection before the end of the 4th season, even if only on Pro difficulty.

playing in BBL, Aus 50 Over, Eng T20 and IPL in addition to my County Career and the 4th season is endless! If I got ODI / Aus State / Test selection my god i don't know if the season would ever end.

got a new highest score of 79 in my third IPL game... could smell the century but wasn't to be :(

----------

amazing... had a 50 partnership with Sehwag... there's one run to win, i'm stuck on 45*... he goes for the big wind up and caught.

first ball of the next over, i'm thinking, red ink or try for 50... go big, through to keeper massive appeal... don't think i've hit it but who knows? not out, no review.. phew...

next ball, red ink or 50??? huge hit... caught just over the ropes, 6 runs up the win and 51* sheer glory!!!

i take back everything i've ever said about the IPL - I bloody love it!!!

-------------

half way through first IPL season:

M 8; I 8; NO 2; R 243; HS 79; 50s 2; Ave 40.50; SR 222.93

overall got 10 T20 50s now (including 1 T20I) but still not got that elusive ton in any format. am at 2 helmet now at last. core member aus t20, regular member aus 50, ipl, eng t20i; getting attention eng odi; no chance aus state or test

Last edited:
Playing no 3 bat for Lancashire 3 season.
After the first season and most of the second being a very hard slog ,beginning to get some decent scores working on my average to try get noticed .
T20 seem to be easiest followed by one day matches ,then 4 day games .
After 2 seasons you remember bowlers and there speeds , and generally which line they will bowl .
Spinners are getting better to work out as well.
Had rain once wow Lancashire weather is getting better !
The conditions and pitch make big difference to batting for example Monty is unplayable on a rough pitch but on a good looking pitch play straight and get your rewards .
Can't stop playing this game in career mode just so realistic , having played cricket at amateur level , it brings back such bad memories of opening !
Bigant big thanks it is so realistic interpretation cricket ????

----------

:thumbs

One of the things I really am enjoying the most is the fact that now that I am a regular in the SA national side, I don't have to play that much domestic cricket. Games in between are being simulated and I only play when not on international duty.

Starting to play a bit better in internationals now. Scored back to back 50s in T20s against NZ. About to start a ODI series against Zim. Looking to capitalize and maybe push that average up above 38.

I hit 100 of 37 ballis in Aussie domestic 50 over comp last night, the rain really helps, the ball fly's along the ground

ended up going out for 122 of 47 balls

I now pray for rain every innings.....

Actually I agree with this, Ive played Monty twice now and both times he has done me cold....

theres nothing worst than playing against a spinner with a Cover, a Point, a Mid on and a deep sqaure leg, i seriously go into panic mode

I tell ya, I couldnt believe the Drift and Spin the bloody South African spinners were getting against me in the T20I the other night, byjingo's, i was bamboozled!!

Got a helmet rating of 2 in my 5th season and am finally able to score runs in shorter formats. My T20 average is up to 28 (IIRC with 5 or 6 50s) and List A average has nudged up to 29 with 3 100s and 15 50s. FC stats are still poor with an average of 25 with 4 100s and 15 50s.

As for selection, I'm a regular member of Pro40 and am expecting selection in English T20. Also, am quite close to selection for IPL and Indian odi squad. As for tests it's all 'Long Way off' and 'No Chance'. I'm beginning to come round to the idea of career mode for shorter formats where you can make a difference and it doesn't take too much time to play through a season, whereas Tests would be nice in a user/human vs AI or a Test tour mode.

It would be great if Big Ant can also include a 'Single Player Mode' where you can choose to play as an existing player or play as yourself similar to how you do in career mode. The difference would be that your skill level is already high and you can actually make a difference in tourneys such as World Cup or World T20. I don't think it will take long to add this mode (could be a DLC) as it would be a watered down version of 'Career Mode' or maybe you can call it 'Career Mode in a Tournament'.

Had two great performance's in the IPL that I wish to share. I haven't updated teams so they're the stock teams and names that came with the game. Sorry for bad quality pics, my camera is stuffed and I'm waiting for a new one.

The first was a match against KKR, we set them a target of 147 to win, our defense was going poorly and I brought myself into the attack with 8 overs to go and ~40 runs until KKR hit the target and they were only two wickets down. What happened next was an implosion similar to what plagued them against Rajasthan. Two hat tricks from 2 overs and we ended up winning by 3 runs. Pulled MOTM for figures of 7/9 from 4 overs.

cGCKCbG.jpg

Second match was against Pune, we set them a target of 173 to win, they were bowled out for 60 all up. Pulled BBM figures of 8/16 from 4 overs, didn't win MOTM as Quinton De Kock smashed 90* from 43 balls.

DO1BPB2.png

My Career Stats for Bowling AR( Into Second Year )

OD :
20 Innings - 770 Runs - 40.53 AVG - Highest Score 215 - 3 100s 1 50s - 32 [email protected] - Best 6/6

First Class :
37 Innings - 641 Runs - 17.32 AVG - Highest Score 67 - 0 100s 3 50s - 109 [email protected] - Best 9/36 for Innings & 13/69 for match

Users who are viewing this thread