How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
That's the sort of thing I'd love to see on the leaderboards, next to people's career ranking. Here's my current batting all-rounder:

zFRsMIT.jpg

Plenty of time ahead for me to drop those averages though.

EDIT: Sometimes, having my woman watching the 'good TV' gives me time to do other things I enjoy, like make a spreadsheet for no good reason.

That is some pretty awesome stats. Batting looks pretty poor though. :D

I cannot play spin at all!!! My 16 yo career bowler batting no 10 has no problem with the quicks or medium pacers, can get to 20-30 no problem but then the spinners come on and its goodnight thanks for coming!! I had a practice in the nets last night, poor batsman, pro bowler, and was lucky to get to 10!! Tried sweeping, blocking, slogging at to no avail. The frustrating thing of all was I could play the cut beautifully off front and back foot, smashing it into the side net where no keeper in the world could catch it, but if you cut to a spinner in a match you're gone majority of the time!! Admittedly my players skills are very low batting wise, but its absolutely bending me head ATM!!

straight drives, reverse sweeps, leg glance...

Love playing spin, mainly due to the field settings everyone in the circle so i just slap them over the top. It's the full fast ball goes under my bat everytime ! haha :)

Consistent with the rest of my performances - I just got 9 wickets in a match in the Shield. Really good timing for it - as I'm in round 14 and am 'Very Close' to getting English Domestic selection in FC and OD - so I'm hoping a good performance right now will help push my case for selection.

It helped that the follow-on wasn't enforced, because combined with the slow speed that you recover from fatigue, I've often not got the ball in the second innings following a good first innings performance, so at least this time I had a real chance.

My batting is also getting better - my average so far this FC season is double my career average - nearing 7!

I cannot play spin at all!!! My 16 yo career bowler batting no 10 has no problem with the quicks or medium pacers, can get to 20-30 no problem but then the spinners come on and its goodnight thanks for coming!! I had a practice in the nets last night, poor batsman, pro bowler, and was lucky to get to 10!! Tried sweeping, blocking, slogging at to no avail. The frustrating thing of all was I could play the cut beautifully off front and back foot, smashing it into the side net where no keeper in the world could catch it, but if you cut to a spinner in a match you're gone majority of the time!! Admittedly my players skills are very low batting wise, but its absolutely bending me head ATM!!

This is probably realistic: as I doubt that most County number 10s would struggle to cut a spinner reliably...

I hate to see AI placing stupid fielding set for the AI batsman and fielders all over the ground for me.

When my batting partner is on strike the fielding set would be two or three slip fielders (even for spin bowling) silly mid off Extra cover, point, backward point and so on. Having only square leg and wide on fielder in leg side. In spite of this fielding, my partner will always defend the first three to four balls and take a single of the fifth or sixth ball.

Once I got the strike, the fiedling set up would be Point, cover point, extra cover or deep extra cover, mid off, mid on, deep midwicket, midwicket square leg and fine leg. (I memorised it as this is same fielding they use against me in all the matches).

This is somewhat frustrating actually.

One more thing I noticed while get caught by a square leg fielder. Next time if you get caught by a square leg fielder, try to watch the interactive replay in slow motion (Press R3). You can notice the ball which is travelling in the air will slightly deveiate and go directly to the fielders hand. I noticed it several times. Please let me know aif anyone have any idea about this

I would like to know who has the most wickets in Career Mode. Further details would be nice
At this moment I have 343 from 39 games with 42 five-fors and a best of 8/3 for NSW

Are we talking for First Class or all formats or..?

Like some bored people out there, I took the time to make a spreadsheet, implement formulas etc and have these images to show.

ZW6wN05.png

sddfBiz.png

Had a derp moment with forgetting to edit the 'domestic' from the Test Match header, regardless its' still for the international level

On a side note: it appears I got also made the ODI and Test Captain for Australia which I find bizarre since I'm still on the "Core Member" ranking.

Last edited:
I just started playing career mode a few days back....I've played about 4 one days and 4 four day matches as well....I wanted to know roughly when will I get offers from teams......in every match I either perform well bowling or batting....so my stats are pretty average......about how many matches into the career mode do we get offers?.....or get a chance to captain
the team?

@Synnical
Nice bowling figures in domestic and good in Internationals... So you are a bowler or bowler all-rounder?

@Synnical
Nice bowling figures in domestic and good in Internationals... So you are a bowler or bowler all-rounder?

I am a bowler, I'm still getting used to batting so my scores and averages aren't that amazing at this stage of my career game.

For some reason there's no australian t20 league listed when I check my selection status....is that how it's supposed to be or does this mean there won't be any australian t20 league offers for me?

I just started playing career mode a few days back....I've played about 4 one days and 4 four day matches as well....I wanted to know roughly when will I get offers from teams......in every match I either perform well bowling or batting....so my stats are pretty average......about how many matches into the career mode do we get offers?.....or get a chance to captain
the team?

This is based on your perfomance dude. If you are a bowler (or bowling allrounder) and bowl extremely well, I guess you will get a contract from English county cup and English P40 cup by end of the frist season. Same goes with the batsman (or batting all rounder), you need to be consistent in scoring runs (Batting is tougher than Bowling). The first season consist of 15 four days and 15 one days. English county has 17 four days and 17 one days I guess. In between this you will get offer from BBL based on your perfomance again. I was playing as a bowling all rounder and got contract from English county cup by the end of first season bcoz of my bowling stats. My batting was pathetic though. I was selected to play for the Indian Test and one day teams at the end of first year and was annaounced as captain for my county team. (and after all this I lost my career save file :lol).

For some reason there's no australian t20 league listed when I check my selection status....is that how it's supposed to be or does this mean there won't be any australian t20 league offers for me?

Nah, that one doesn't show up. Just like how you can't see your selection status for the first teams you start playing for.

Got my first T20 ton!!! 118 out of 157 to win!! Run out by a super bowler stop and back flick to wickets at non-strikers end with 9 left to win... Could taste an unbeaten ton!!!

5 games in to t20 season my scores are 69, 0, 89, 44, 118 and am 2nd in the run scoring charts 24 behind the guy on top having played a game less.

----------

Weirdly having my best season ever in T20 and FC but majorly struggling in List A

After a bit of break, I got into playing Career mode again. Scores are as follows, 41, 30 and a quickfire 29 ( i got frustrated for getting a start countless times but not converting it into something meaningful and wanted a fifty very dearly, didnt happen) in the Final for Australian 50 overs Competition which saw us winning the match by 5 Wickets against NSW Blues.

Now its time for the 3rd session of County Championship. I must score some big runs to boost the average a bit, I thought to myselft. First innings of the match, Played a mistimed cover drive which flew at the hand of mid-off when my personal score was at 12 (37). Then in the following innings into the fourth day we need 58 runs to win by the time I walked into the crease. I made 24* (16) when the umpire calls of the match at 4:22 PM

Match ended in a draw

Users who are viewing this thread