How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Totally infuriating match.
First innings: cancelled a run and watched my guy get runout strolling back.
Second innings: defended a ball. Pushed out the crease by the keeper. Stumped.

Add that to two dropped catches off my bowling, a wicket off a no ball and a plumb lbw not given (no reviews in 4 day) and I'm done for today!

Captain of International T20 side. Becoming a batting alrounder has really worked for me.

I feel like those who are selecting "all-rounders" have a much easier run of it as the bowling is a little easier when weighed against the batting learning curve currently. Think possibly in career mode, if you chose "All-Rounder" you shouldn't be able to earn skill points as easily as choosing a specific skill-set (Opening Bowler/Batsman for example) and perhaps your career progression should be weighted a little differently. Currently, I believe you earn points as quickly as a batter-only or a bowler-only, therefore you've got an easier chance of progressing quicker?

That's certainly my perception. Don't know how many "pure" batsman there are playing, but I'm willing to bet they're getting the game-rewards slower than the all-rounders are... which is a tad unrealistic, as it's infinitely more difficult to be an all-rounder, or it should be.

In a future edition of this game, it would be really neat if your performances dictated your abilities so you had no choice over what you wanted to be. If you're starting out at School or Club level, then you generally bowl and bat quite a bit for a while, certainly as a young'un to decide what you're good at. I reckon there's an opportunity for a "skill bar" approach to these early years in the career and once you fill up a certain obligatory requirement, the game asks you if you want to "specialize" in a specific area based on your results as a Bowler, or Batsman.

Then as you progress, you might suddenly start to get better at another vocation, therefore the game might prompt you again and so on... There's many examples of players starting out as one thing, but finding their way in another skill-set. Lots of batsman becoming bowlers, and vice-versa, certainly, in their early career years.

Test bowling is a lot harder!

No bowling indicator makes the job a lot tougher. You get it wrong you are punished easily.

I feel like those who are selecting "all-rounders" have a much easier run of it as the bowling is a little easier when weighed against the batting learning curve currently.

The other thing playing as an all-rounder does is make the batting slightly easier - confidence earned from the bags of wickets carries over into the batting.

...which is realistic, because; Cricket. But it shouldn't be easy to be an all-rounder nor should it be easy to progress as one either.

Just became captain of the national team in all the formats I'm in my 2nd season, I got rewarded 50,000 points when I became t20i captain but got nothing when I got captaincy for ODI and test, strange but not a big deal

Has anyone noticed the resolution or it's just me? I am
playing on 1080p and it's not good. But when i play on a lower resolution it seems really better but can't continue coz the screen gets smaller.

That being said Biggs, batting is so much easier as a pure batsman than a batsman all-rounder. I'm averaging at least twice as much with my pure career batsman, and that MOTM I recently got made a huge difference with my career XP score (not that it counts for much).

Got out twice on the weekend for 48. First time I had the wrong footwork and got bowled, second time I got myself run out at the non-strikers end.. lolz.

Finding that EVERY match one of my openers will get out in the T20 format by the second innings.. I come in at #3 and so far the latest I've started was first ball of the 3rd over, after about 6 matches.

I feel like those who are selecting "all-rounders" have a much easier run of it as the bowling is a little easier when weighed against the batting learning curve currently. Think possibly in career mode, if you chose "All-Rounder" you shouldn't be able to earn skill points as easily as choosing a specific skill-set (Opening Bowler/Batsman for example) and perhaps your career progression should be weighted a little differently. Currently, I believe you earn points as quickly as a batter-only or a bowler-only, therefore you've got an easier chance of progressing quicker?.

My pure bowler who bats at 8 is averaging twice as much as my pure batsman at 4 in all formats...

as a member of the international One day sides and T20 sides, you play very limited First Class cricket which is very good

yet, Playing internationals against any spinner is a bloody hard challenge

once again another weekend of poor ODI performances and Medicore 20/20 performances, i need to start concentrating alot more

got 4 50's over the weekend, thats not good.....

Just became captain of the national team in all the formats I'm in my 2nd season, I got rewarded 50,000 points when I became t20i captain but got nothing when I got captaincy for ODI and test, strange but not a big deal

What are the perks of being the captain? Are you able to choose anyone in the team?

My pure bowler who bats at 8 is averaging twice as much as my pure batsman at 4 in all formats...

Fine.. prove me wrong then..

But, additionally, the fact you're playing later changes the bowlers you face, their fatigue levels and the ball condition.. might be explanation.

But my pure batsman at no. 3 is constantly able to hit shots that I cannot do with my all rounder, that in itself shows the difference.

got 4 50's over the weekend, thats not good.....

Is that sarcasm? Out of how many matches? Sure, not good if it was out of 20 matches and you're pure batsman and playing on Pro.. but if none of the above then it's par or above compared to real life performances.

----------
[/COLOR]
What are the perks of being the captain? Are you able to choose anyone in the team?
it doesn't make any difference to be honest because you can't select your final 11 it's the same just that you can bowl anytime and select fields for other bowlers you can't even change the batting order and come as an opener the highest you can bat is number 3 but then you have to watch someone get out rather then simulate to career player because then you will just come on your normal position if you sim the game and it is kind of odd to be captain of national team at the age of 17 i think they give the captaincy too early because i'm already the captain in national team, county team, big bash and IPL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread