How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Blinder

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
----------
[/COLOR]
it doesn't make any difference to be honest because you can't select your final 11 it's the same just that you can bowl anytime and select fields for other bowlers you can't even change the batting order and come as an opener the highest you can bat is number 3 but then you have to watch someone get out rather then simulate to career player because then you will just come on your normal position if you sim the game and it is kind of odd to be captain of national team at the age of 17 i think they give the captaincy too early because i'm already the captain in national team, county team, big bash and IPL

My head hurts - learn to use some full stops, hombre.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think if you're captain of your national team in the second year, you're playing on a difficulty too low for your skills. I've gotten close to completing quite a few first years (still not actually started a second year yet) and never gotten close to even joining anything else but the T20 domestic league, this is on both modes other than Pro.

BlackDevil

School Cricketer
I think if you're captain of your national team in the second year, you're playing on a difficulty too low for your skills. I've gotten close to completing quite a few first years (still not actually started a second year yet) and never gotten close to even joining anything else but the T20 domestic league, this is on both modes other than Pro.

Are you suffering from bad resolution or it's just me

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@surendar : You should start playing at higher level difficulties as you now easily get centuries in very less balls...:yes

Hmmm, not at this point. :p My primary goal is to make a good progress in helmet ratings and climb to the top. So really wanted to master this in this level before stepping to next level. :)

I feel like those who are selecting "all-rounders" have a much easier run of it as the bowling is a little easier when weighed against the batting learning curve currently. Think possibly in career mode, if you chose "All-Rounder" you shouldn't be able to earn skill points as easily as choosing a specific skill-set (Opening Bowler/Batsman for example) and perhaps your career progression should be weighted a little differently.

Well, if you are relating this with respect to getting selected in INTL side, I would agree as getting many wickets gets you to INTL side at age of 17/18 at max itself.

But if you are referring to pure skill points - as an AR( my career player is bowling AR ), it is still challenging to climb the skills level ladder. I have reached 1500 runs/120+ wickets in FC and 1000+ runs/around 60-70 Wkts in OD with second season in progress(17 YO) but my skills are still increasing step by step with me placed in helmet 1 position. So would believe that, there are no benefits in bowler/batsman/AR and we need to fight to get to that top helmet ratings with best skill-sets.

madman981

Club Captain
Fine.. prove me wrong then..

But, additionally, the fact you're playing later changes the bowlers you face, their fatigue levels and the ball condition.. might be explanation.

But my pure batsman at no. 3 is constantly able to hit shots that I cannot do with my all rounder, that in itself shows the difference.

Is that sarcasm? Out of how many matches? Sure, not good if it was out of 20 matches and you're pure batsman and playing on Pro.. but if none of the above then it's par or above compared to real life performances.

Sorry frosti

In 14 One day International innings's i have only scored 2 50's

and in about 7 T20I innings over the weekend i only scored 2 50's

I was flying before that... Just saying I hoped for better

That is as an opening batsman on pro level.... Whenever you think you have the game figured out, it gets you back for being cocky

Once again, Facing spinners at the international level is daunting!!

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That being said Biggs, batting is so much easier as a pure batsman than a batsman all-rounder. I'm averaging at least twice as much with my pure career batsman, and that MOTM I recently got made a huge difference with my career XP score (not that it counts for much).

It depends on skills that you are on. If onside is your best skill, you would be able to play more fluently in onside than off. Likewise other skills.

My career batter( pure ) is just opposite to your case. Because with my career batter, I was trying too much in all to get him as super hero which I lately realized it wrong. He reached 1000 runs on his 4th year but where as my bowling AR is on roll in both FC/OD in his second season itself with 2500 runs overall. Only difference is - am just applying where he is strong at( both batting & bowling ), that's it. Well this is what it is in pro level, I don't know about other levels. All my videos in previous pages that I was smashing the bowlers everywhere - That guy was an AR. ;)

ellgieff

Club Captain
But, additionally, the fact you're playing later changes the bowlers you face, their fatigue levels and the ball condition.. might be explanation.

This should be true, but I don't think it is.

The bowlers my number three batsman faces never have any fatigue in the first innings, irrespective of whether I come in the second over or the 60th.

The second innings is sometimes a different story fatigue wise.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think that's probably a good point. The fast bowlers especially can be bowling in the 50s and 60 mph (!) by the time I face them at number 8 which gives you a lot more time to play.
I also think that I play with a bit more freedom as there isn't the same pressure. Not sure if confidence carries over but generally I'm coming off a decent bowling display too.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The similarities between my career player and a certain South African born former England batsman are becoming more and more obvious. I always try and get off the mark first ball, even if it ends up costing my batting partner his wicket, I never play off the back foot, turns out you can play bouncers of the front foot if you time it correctly, and I dominate the leg-side. Just need to start plundering hundreds. I just hope once I start ton-ing up I throw my wicket away for 158 a few times!

bumbisoft

International Coach
The similarities between my career player and a certain South African born former England batsman are becoming more and more obvious. I always try and get off the mark first ball, even if it ends up costing my batting partner his wicket, I never play off the back foot, turns out you can play bouncers of the front foot if you time it correctly, and I dominate the leg-side. Just need to start plundering hundreds. I just hope once I start ton-ing up I throw my wicket away for 158 a few times!

If we remove ing from your username and add evin there, would I get the correct answer

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Bowled 9-24 in the second innings of FC match and won the match for the team and 6wickets in the first so total of 15 wickets in the match

Had different types of wickets 1 caught behind, 3 stumpings, 1 bowled, 4 caught others [1 catch on mid off and mid on each]

Note: Career mode on legend level..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread