How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Can someone tell me what scores/performances actually get you picked up for international/IPL?

I am playing as an opening batsman on veteran. Played horribly till age 27 with averages of around 6-7.

Age 28-29 (current) are starting to look good, with a half century in around every third match, and three centuries so far. The selection status is no chance for all the teams so far.

Was anybody in a similar scenario and still managed to get picked?

Its about increasing the skill set...Then only you get chances to progress in career..:cheers

I notice that getting MOTM awards or being in the top 2 scorers of the match list definitely helps in the progress to bigger tournaments. And ofcourse stringing together some consistent performances is important.

I guess all these contribute to the skill set thingy

Can someone tell me what scores/performances actually get you picked up for international/IPL?

I am playing as an opening batsman on veteran. Played horribly till age 27 with averages of around 6-7.

Age 28-29 (current) are starting to look good, with a half century in around every third match, and three centuries so far. The selection status is no chance for all the teams so far.

Was anybody in a similar scenario and still managed to get picked?

My career player is 16 yrs old and is selected for international team...Playing on Legend level...:D

Wow! you must be really good at this. I could hardly hit anything beyond the inner circle when I was at age 16.

Wow! you must be really good at this. I could hardly hit anything beyond the inner circle when I was at age 16.

Yeah I find it easier to play with assists off...So watch the ball and play...I am a bowling all rounder in career...so main performance is wickets and controlling the runs but I do get 50's but run out of partners at the end....That's why thinking of starting a new career as a batsman after patch#2 comes...:)

Don't know what I've quite just witnessed but play for Tas against S.Aus and they only needed 41 off 12 overs with 3 wickets remaining when I finished my spell.. I simulated to career and was given that they needed 4 to win from 36 balls with 1 wicket remaining..

I bowled the first ball and it was a dot.. then the rain came and stopped play.. It then brought up a scorecard saying we had won by 3 runs and they were 229-9 from 45.1 overs.. Surely they should've won on Duckworth or something but we managed to snatch it?!?!

My career player is 16 yrs old and is selected for international team...Playing on Legend level...:D

That is an awesome achievement without patch 2, congrads! :D

Nah, he'll be bowling. My pure batsman's best bowling figures are 6 for 9, and getting those figures immediately bumped all my selection chances.

Note that this was the only bowling my batsman did in that career year, and that his skills are negligible (I think the best is off-break, with two pips - and I was bowling lots of drift and/or flighted deliveries in this spell.

Last edited:
My players a bowler aged 16 and is already played both forms of aus domestic and uk domestic with aus team on the verge. I am still chasing all 10 wickets in an innings but currently hold 4 9 fas and just wondering if anyone's got all 10 in 1 innings?

I'm sure all of the points I'm about to mention will have been mentioned before, but just to get things off of my chest, I'll repeat!

The idea behind the new batting system is great but completely flawed. To succeed against pace, one HAS to premeditate. I've played premier league cricket and faced the odd 80+mph bowler here and there, and it's honestly MUCH easier to react to that than reacting to the games bowling (which is, for all intents and purposes, impossible).

There are so many constructive bits of criticism I could give. One of the top of my head is the AI's lack of slip fielders partly due to the fact that an edge always goes to the keeper. The batsmen never edges a ball to gully when driving, for example, an outswinging delivery. Also, we never see an edge played with soft hands going down to third man for four. As I said, many more I could give but that would be veering away from the BIG point that people need to consider. There just has to be some sort of indicator of where the ball is going to pitch before the bowler bowls. The timing of when the indicator is shown should be played around with, to see which timing give enough time for people to react. I don't mean like how it was in all previous cricket games where you knew where the ball would pitch hours before the ball was actually bowled, but literally just before the bowler bowls, some sort of indicator flashing once or twice should be used. It could even not have to pitch exactly where the indicator had shown, but at least it gives us a chance to react.

Apparently some folks around here don't have a problem reacting to pacers and playing shots without premeditating

I think once the ball is delivered, there is just too much to do and I still haven't found the ideal positioning for my thumbs on the RAS and LAS. Keeping it right on top of it results in poor placement and footwork, because you don't get a good grip of the analog sticks. Keep it in the favored position, right on the bottom or top tip leads to pre-empting your footwork and placement. Changing from that position is almost impossible. Also trying to push R3 to leave the delivery can be messy and result in false strokes.

On top of that you have the defensive shot button. I have tried holding it down a little and releasing it based on the delivery, but again I am not fast enough. So basically, while I love the controls, there are plenty of limitations for me. Maybe I am just not fast enough *that's what she said*

Huge Bug

I had to face a huge bug two times in the game
When - I was playing my career mode
What - One ball hit my pads but I edged that, then CPU appeals which looks like a LBW and I was given out. Immediately I asked for review which showed a clear edge to my pads then ball goes to ground and Wicket-keeper picks from ground. The decision stands and I was given out.

When I checked scorecard I was given Catch out by wicket keeper.

I have uploaded videos and pictures also. My player name is H.Singh
Video

1st Incident
attachment.php

2nd Incident Pic
attachment.php

please comment.........

You have now posted the same post in three different threads despite me asking you not to. No idea why.....

@chocolate.boy99, where are the "incident" pics/videos? All I see is the scoreboard the video showed you getting an edge which IMO is why you were given caught out.

Users who are viewing this thread