How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
iam doing well on my careerrrr .. i toook 22 wickets in 4 matchaces
best bowing 6-24 in first class machesss

ond list a best bowilg was 4-21 ....
my batting was ok 156 runs in first class strike rete was 234
best was 43
in list a best score 30 runs

total i made 60 runs

I have now complete a ten wicket haul in the aus domestic circuit

13/36 is my match figures

9/30 is in 1st innings

4/6 in 2nd innings

Last edited:
Started a new career while I wait for Patch 2 as a Sri Lankan batsman, batting at 3 for NSW on the hardest difficulty and wow it is hard! Usually play on Pro where I average 30ish.. Currently had 3 innings.. 12, 17 in my first game and am on 24* atm - finding I just have to manipulate gaps at the right time to get runs!

Anyone have any tips for batting in the hardest difficulty? just patience I'm guessing?

I am a batting all rounder. I'm finding the bowling fine, i'm doing well with that. The thing i am really struggling is with batting, i feel as though i don't have enough time to read the length and line of the ball and then decide whether to go on front or back foot and where to play the shot. I'm lucky if i get 5 runs when batting. Also when i press LT and RT together, it should be aggressive ground stroke, yet it goes in the air a lot of the time, is that due to timing? does anyone have any tips for batting please?

Last edited:
I am a batting all rounder. I'm finding the bowling fine, i'm doing well with that. The thing i am really struggling is with batting, i feel as though i don't have enough time to read the length and line of the ball and then decide whether to go on front or back foot and where to play the shot. I'm lucky if i get 5 runs when batting. Also when i press LT and RT together, it should be aggressive ground stroke, yet it goes in the air a lot of the time, is that due to timing? does anyone have any tips for batting please?

Just keep LAS pointing up for Front foot before the delivery is bowled, and only play for the line. Picking line and length together is too difficult for me as well. Too much to do in very little time.

Also, I pick my gaps and tend to play towards those gaps to reduce risks. For instance, at the start of the innings I have a considerable gap on the leg side, between Square Leg and Fine Leg. On the offside there is usually a gap between mid-off and point. So with a middle stump guard, every delivery on my stumps is tucked down the legside, and everything outside off is either left alone or threaded through covers

And LT+RT will go in air if the timing is poor.

I've been having a joyous time playing on the PC. Playing a number 4 batting all-rounder. My bowling is suspect, though I have taken a couple of wickets I seem to be better at bowling maidens.

My batting is rather quite poor, I average about 10 after 10 matches.. and my partners must hate me as I seem to accidentally run them out all the time. Oh well, I'll just have to get better as time goes on.

I've been having a joyous time playing on the PC. Playing a number 4 batting all-rounder. My bowling is suspect, though I have taken a couple of wickets I seem to be better at bowling maidens.

My batting is rather quite poor, I average about 10 after 10 matches.. and my partners must hate me as I seem to accidentally run them out all the time. Oh well, I'll just have to get better as time goes on.

Nice. I always have this moral dilema in career mode as it seems wrong to deny my partner his two runs and only take the single as I want to bat and then I think...sod him and do it anyway!

Just keep LAS pointing up for Front foot before the delivery is bowled, and only play for the line. Picking line and length together is too difficult for me as well. Too much to do in very little time.

Also, I pick my gaps and tend to play towards those gaps to reduce risks. For instance, at the start of the innings I have a considerable gap on the leg side, between Square Leg and Fine Leg. On the offside there is usually a gap between mid-off and point. So with a middle stump guard, every delivery on my stumps is tucked down the legside, and everything outside off is either left alone or threaded through covers

And LT+RT will go in air if the timing is poor.

playing constantly on the front foot will get you found out against the quicks. You have much more time than you think. In the longer format of the game i tend to block out the quicks, tiring them out making things easier then i move the score along pouncing on anything overpitched or bowled on my legs

Batting - Leg spinning all rounder. First Class 6 matches, 44 wickets, batting at Average of 15 lol.

A player for Hampshire.
1st First class match-0(0) in batting,3-36 in first innings,4-28 in second innings.
1st Pro40-17(12),2-19 in bowling.
Damn you Big Ant..you made such an awesome game.Hats off! :)

playing constantly on the front foot will get you found out against the quicks. You have much more time than you think. In the longer format of the game i tend to block out the quicks, tiring them out making things easier then i move the score along pouncing on anything overpitched or bowled on my legs

Not really. The worst thing I have had is getting hit by the bouncers aimed at my body. Or at times, when the I mistime the shot the ball is hit in the air. But like I said, I am always looking to play in the available gaps and that keeps me safe.

Premeditating the front foot stance has served me very well through the first 4 years of my career. Infact, premeditating on the backfoot against the real quicks who bowl 125+ constantly is even more rewarding and results in crisper shots.

Ofcourse, I am playing on Pro and might be found out once the difficulty level gears up.

Awesome at the moment. Started on amateur though. 310 not out also took 2 wickets in 5 over

Just ran another batting partner out... I need to learn to time my runs better. On the positive side I did hit 19 before getting bowled, so I am getting better it seems.

When does the difficulty go up?

Is it level/exp inspired or just time based?

I can see when playing for England it had gotten harder because the markers disappeared but when playing for Middlesex or South Australia a bowling average that started at around 7 and ended up at 5 doesn't suggest it necessarily got harder.

Users who are viewing this thread