How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Switched back to the console tonight, while I'm still transferring stuff to my new computer and... WOAH. Does it feel different to the PC. That being said, smashed a 52 and 31* in a couple of T20's for the Sydney6's and got made Captain of the side! Quality.

scored my 2nd first class 100.
got one in list a also a 73 ball 160

batting avgs
64 in fc
43 in list a

bowling
22 wickets in 4 fc games
1 wicket in 4 list a games

Attachments

• dbc10.png
    dbc10.png
    199 KB · Views: 20
  • dbc11.png
    dbc11.png
    186 KB · Views: 12
  • dbc12.png
    dbc12.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Started a new career while I wait for Patch 2 as a Sri Lankan batsman, batting at 3 for NSW on the hardest difficulty and wow it is hard! Usually play on Pro where I average 30ish.. Currently had 3 innings.. 12, 17 in my first game and am on 24* atm - finding I just have to manipulate gaps at the right time to get runs!

Anyone have any tips for batting in the hardest difficulty? just patience I'm guessing?

Just out of curiosity, what camera do you use for batting?

Just tweaked some of the appearance stuff of my Career mode character and started again - really enjoying bowling, got 3-38 in the first innings. Uploading a vid to YouTube of a couple of them now.

Edit - Here it is

Last edited by a moderator:
87febed58c.jpg

c6413ef387.jpg

cf7fe722f4.jpg

5d17b54de8.jpg

i completed austrailia one day

figures

10 overs 5 wickets 15 runs conceded

career update
FC
5 matches
8 Innings
616 Runs
3 100s
371 Best Score
77.00 Avg
148.79 Strike rate
26 wickets
13.19 Avg
2.83 eco
27.88 Strike Rate
5/45 BBI
7/71 BBM
1 5WI

Made 184(61) in English domestic t20 game last night, playing on rookie. My career player now has at least 1 century in each of the formats, averaging 27 in FC, 54 in ODI's and about 70-75 in t20's. It's about time I got a call from the ECB selectors. :p

I am a batsman with good bowling and fielding skills but the AI never gives me a chance to bowl. If I use simulate till player then I dont get chance to field.
If I just use normal simulation to end session then I get chance to field but still not chance to bowl.
Any advice on how to get in on the bowling action :-)

Started as a 16 year old bowling all-rounder on amateur (!). Bowling is going well, but batting, oh boy, so many ducks and embarrassing run outs (my partner, usually). I keep expecting the captain to say 'look, kid, I like your bowling but you're no #5 batsman'. Settled on either dour defence, or leg glance and run like heck.

Anyway, *finally* made my first 50, before falling to what felt like Mitchell Johnson but was really a fast-medium journeyman. I admit, I trembled a bit on 46. Fell in the 90's but given my previous best 26 I think I'll take it. What a game!

It feels like most of the forum is bashing everyone about at times, so if you're struggling like me, it's definitely true that your career player starts out pretty terrible, and you just have to remember it's not completely your fault!

Is there a way to lower the difficulty on career? i think mine is on pro

So finally starting to make progress in career mode. Still a 16-year old, his skills still suck like all hell but I've worked something out that's making life a bit less complicated.

After averaging a stupendous 4.75 - as a batting all-rounder - in the whites and a miserable 7 in one-dayers, I've started holding the left-stick directly up automatically for all balls. The reason for this is mainly so I can guarantee the direction that my batsman will take guard, as opposed to the awkward moments where I tried to defend forward, but shifted to the left or the right too much in the heat of the moment and consequently ended up walking across my stumps or doing something equally stupid.

If a short ball comes I'm confident in being able to react quickly to pull it on the front foot. I still need more training in the nets against spinners but so far I've already had results.

I managed to get out for 14, which isn't that unusual for me, but I hung around for 50 balls, which was more or less what I was trying to do, so I'm happy with that. Second innings I notched up 30 off 30 balls; dismissal was a bit of back luck (inside edge goes down leg keeper pulls off a disgustingly good save, but whatever) but pretty happy with the progress.

(This is all playing in Career, first season, Pro difficulty, for NSW in the state competitions.)

But the gameplan is solid. Defend the first two or three, unless something is perilously wide, in which case it should be dispatched forthwith. Otherwise, just relax, build up some confidence and then just play the gaps in the V (or take the occasional free pull/square leg shot that the pace bowlers inevitably offer).

Scored my 4th fc hundred
Last 5 innings score

Is there a way to lower the difficulty on career? i think mine is on pro

Not during middle of game but you can start with lower level in patch2 - which is there on PC version.

Users who are viewing this thread