How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I'm in a rut in career mode. Averaging 32 in FC, 29 in List A and 26 in T20s after three and a half seasons. No matter what I try, I fail to get big scores. A couple of decent knocks (usually 50s) is undone by a string of low scores I get on a regular basis. Now if the pull/hook shot wouldn't go in the air, I might have had a pretty handy record by now...

Try hooking or Pulling using 'RT+LT' and chances of pull/hook will drop to 10%

Sorry to sound like a dunce,
But where can I find the "helmet rating" of my career player?

Sorry to sound like a dunce,
But where can I find the "helmet rating" of my career player?

Off the top of my head, when you're on the screen before the start of a new match, its in the top left hand corner - will check in a minute when this game ends...

For me, another 10wicket haul in a game, but more impressively; my first run out as career player...Tho admittedly it was automatic, ball played back to me and for some reason the backing up batsman decided to run AROUND me, as opposed to straight into the crease.

Started new career with Nottingham on Legend difficulty. Don't ask me my average please. :p Thus far, I've been able to identify the difference between playing early and waiting for the ball to come to you - the later you play, more the chances of you hitting a boundary. Pro Mode + No Hud is fun but the high scores are hard to come by.

Determinedly trying to get my 10th half-century. Just got caught behind on 44. :mad

Had my best match figures earlier though of 8-52, though we still lost by a wicket right at the death, even though I took 3 wickets for 1 run when they needed 11 to win with 4 wickets left. My teammates weren't quite so efficient though.

Here you'll need practice, as for fuller leg side deliveries you'll need to immediately leave 'LT+RT' and play it normally. I suggested it only for short deliveries bowled at your body.

I don't have the reflexes to make the change at the last instant. Plus if you are facing a fast medium or fast bowler bowling in excess of 130 kph, you don't have any time to change the shot. I would rather the regular shots played without any triggers are hit along the ground unless you botch the timing.

Started new career with Nottingham on Legend difficulty. Don't ask me my average please. :p Thus far, I've been able to identify the difference between playing early and waiting for the ball to come to you - the later you play, more the chances of you hitting a boundary. Pro Mode + No Hud is fun but the high scores are hard to come by.

Playing on Legend is surely fun...I have an average of 28 in tests as a bowling all rounder batting at number 8....But getting irritated and losing interest to play the batting part of the game as too much in the air and getting out on short deliveries even when I time it right its going to the fielders...And another thing is many balls just go through the bat till the end and come back as a very slow shot easy to catch....:mad

Playing on Legend is surely fun...I have an average of 28 in tests as a bowling all rounder batting at number 8....But getting irritated and losing interest to play the batting part of the game as too much in the air and getting out on short deliveries even when I time it right its going to the fielders...And another thing is many balls just go through the bat till the end and come back as a very slow shot easy to catch....:mad

Yup, especially when AI has silly mid off and silly mid on in place. As for hitting pull/hook shots in the air, surely it needs to be patched at the earliest. That's the biggest issue which sucks fun out of batting.

Yup, especially when AI has silly mid off and silly mid on in place. As for hitting pull/hook shots in the air, surely it needs to be patched at the earliest. That's the biggest issue which sucks fun out of batting.

And ball going through the bat till the back end and comes out as a very poorly executed shot and for an easy catch....This must also be included in the list...:(

helmet Rating 3

it took only 7 matches to reach rating 3.

scores at rating 3

0,19,0,0*

Last edited:
Just started a career on Rookie difficulty as an off spinner of South Africa playing for Essex. Selected a random name i.e Jack Gordon. Have just played a 4-day match and a 40 over match. Here are the screenshots of this monster.

Attachments

• Career.png
    Career.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DBC.png
    DBC.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 14
Had quite a crazy thing happen last night in a T20 in my Veteran career mode... Took 6 wickets for 3 runs in my 4 overs!... Screenshots below

MlcluvK.jpg

X5t07Tc.jpg

Even before this match I was averaging under 10 in T20 with an economy rate of about 4... Anyone else finding bowling in T20s so easy on Veteran? Does it get harder on Legend? All I was doing really was mostly bowling yorkers.

Users who are viewing this thread