How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Scored my first double-century today @blockerdave in career mode! First class 214 and I was out, caught fine-leg to a beauty of a catch from the AI on the boundary. Totally didn't mind getting out like that... was a great innings for Victoria against Western Australia, got off to a slow start but brought it up in the end off about 140 balls. Really took to the spinners.

In career mode playing on pro started at 16 now 18. I am so frustrated, so dam frustrated. High score in ODI 55 and 4d 47, this is after going through 3 controllers and a hole in my wall, I dont think I will get my bond back I can't afford to buy another one so just keeping the anger on the inside. My batting sucks ...... SUCKS!

Batting handbook required, I think.

Hopefully once the final patch is out somebody will knock one together.

So from what I understand from reading the last few pages you can't drop the difficulty level in career mode? Got bumped up from pro to veteran a few days ago and now I can't do anything as a batsman - got a nice mix of low and high scores on pro but now I never score more than 20 and it's taking the fun out of the game :noway I should have been dropped from the team by now haha

I scored my first ton on veteran difficulty, 3rd overall in county cup the first two were on pro difficulty. You need to manipulate the AI by scoring in vacant spaces. As you will walk in to bat there would be no third man so use LT to late cut and gather as many runs. Use defensive shots too as this makes AI to place silly point and short leg fielders now score over them. Go get your runs instead of the waiting game because you are likely to get out on defensive shots if not timed properly. Its pivotal to time your shots, I struggle on medium pacers bowling 92km/hr, ball takes forever to reach.

2014-07-25_00006.jpg 2014-07-25_00006.jpg
What age did you start your career at?
16, still in my first season.

scored my first ton on legend difficulty, a 102 of 107 balls.

scored another one in second innings , batting on 117 of 109 balls.
24 runs req to win

dismissed for 123(we won)

scored 28 in next match (again won by innings)

batting on 16 in current match.

one more thing i would like to ask that, why i am not being bowled?

i started my career as batting allrounder, but since i reached helmet rating 2(current is 3),
my captain has forgotten that he has a world class bowler in his team :p :D

102 wickets @13

Attachments

• 2014-07-26_00001.jpg
    2014-07-26_00001.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
No wonder I experienced a sudden spike in difficulty while batting. My helmet rating jumped up a notch.

View attachment 128264 View attachment 128264
16, still in my first season.

scored my first ton on legend difficulty, a 102 of 107 balls.

scored another one in second innings , batting on 117 of 109 balls.
24 runs req to win

dismissed for 123(we won)

scored 28 in next match (again won by innings)

batting on 16 in current match.

one more thing i would like to ask that, why i am not being bowled?

i started my career as batting allrounder, but since i reached helmet rating 2(current is 3),
my captain has forgotten that he has a world class bowler in his team :p :D

102 wickets @13
Nice to see that you play on Legend difficulty like me....Can you share your stats as well...

29*matches
46* innings
3250+ runs
72+ avg
16 100s
6 50s

100 on diff levels
12 @ pro
2 @ vetran
2 @ legend

list a all at pro

736 runs @73.6
4 100s

t20
960+
at 60+
5 100s

4 @ pro
1 @ vetran

I got into the 30s in both innings of a first class game for the first time on Veteran pro cam last night... Not a huge achievement or my highest score but I am slowly improving - both of the dismissals were caught & bowled from thick edges which I seem to be doing a lot lately.

I might have to try this career mode. How does it work? If I choose to be a bowler do I field and wait to be chosen to bowl by the A/I?

I might have to try this career mode. How does it work? If I choose to be a bowler do I field and wait to be chosen to bowl by the A/I?

You have "Simulate to career player" which takes you to the parts where your career player is involved in the action - be it batting or bowling. If you so desire you can follow the whole game but most folks go with the simulate option.

^ And to add to that:

• While batting, you can't skip the part where you're the non-striker
  • While bowling, you will have to choose "Simulate to Career Player" every time your over ends else you go into fielding mode

^ And to add to that:

• While batting, you can't skip the part where you're the non-striker
  • While bowling, you will have to choose "Simulate to Career Player" every time your over ends else you go into fielding mode

Well lets not be too positive on the simulate option...

Users who are viewing this thread